Join for free
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2021, 07:33 PM

Re: ----- war ----

Originally Posted by xirrpy ->
I though you had seen war close up-you want more ?
Sometimes there is no alternative.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2021, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
Hiya TAT, no war in sight- sorry
This situation hasn't got on the starting blocks yet. As the economic effects of BREXIT cut in and the effects of covid add to that things will get very much worse than they are now.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

02-02-2021, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
If that's true xirrpy, it must have been the 7 day war ??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Yes it was. I was doing a shortened version of National service that should have been three months but was extended because of that turkey shoot. My role was principley interrogation of prisoners, another reason that my stay was extended. It sorta screwed up my UK security status! Ask me if I care!
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2021, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
My role was principley interrogation of prisoners,
I can just imagine you depressing them to the point of submission, Todge. Grumped into telling all they know.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2021, 08:05 PM

Yes it was. I was doing a shortened version of National service that should have been three months but was extended because of that turkey shoot. My role was principley interrogation of prisoners, another reason that my stay was extended. It sorta screwed up my UK security status! Ask me if I care!
I suppose you were in charge of the torture department eh Todge ??

Donkeyman! 👎👎
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2021, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
I can just imagine you depressing them to the point of submission, Todge. Grumped into telling all they know.
No, his job was sticking the garden hose up their Jacsi herbal !!

Donkeyman! 🤗🤗
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2021, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
No, his job was sticking the garden hose up their Jacsi herbal !!
So they were getting it at both ends?
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2021, 08:23 PM

What about a takeover.

Move the HQ from Brussels to London. They can keep their mickey mouse euro money, the £ will prop it up.

A round table of commissionaires from the shires laying down the law.

British lobster on the menu.

Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2021, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by bread ->
just sitting back doing nothing while they humiliate themselves is far cheaper.

https://foxhole.news/2021/02/02/von-...accine-safety/
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2021, 09:20 PM

WAR

Seriously, is it time the UK declared full blown war on the EC?

How this might (should) be done IMO must be put on the government cabinet table because since leaving the now universally hated European Commission have now behaved to us is beyond unacceptable, it includes act of war and I'm not kidding.

The demands for OUR vaccines is not just staggeringly impertinent but illegal. The restrictions on the sale of our fish caught in our waters from our borders from our boats flies in the face of the poxy fishing deal, and that's just for starters.

So it's clear the EC is acting in a hostile manner against the UK. I believe it is time we broke off all diplomatic relations with the EC and in addition with France as a nation in its own right.

Right now France in particular and the EC in general are pissing all over us and we're just letting the SOB's get clean away with it. They have become de facto our very real enemy.
Not physical war, thank you, but certainly economic war.
I don't think anyone would willingly engage in true warfare and, of course, I don't think that would be necessary.

Not that I'm afraid of the EU, and especially the white-flag brigade across the Channel, of course.

You are, however, perfectly correct in what you say.

As I've always been willing to point out, I believe that Boris sold us short for some reason which I can't be sure of.

No, what we should do is withdraw ourselves from this so-called agreement without more delay and find our own way.

Some would say that we'd be at a disadvantage without 'our friends', but I believe that we'd actually be much better off without them.

We have already made great advances with the rest of the world as trading partners and, in my opinion, we are still handing the EU far more than we are gaining from being 'their friends'!

I think that by 2024 if things don't change radically we might just find the voting population making the decision for our politicians, and I'm sure they are all too aware of that possibility.

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top