Join for free
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2021, 09:37 PM

Re: ----- war ----

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Not physical war, thank you, but certainly economic war.
I don't think anyone would willingly engage in true warfare and, of course, I don't think that would be necessary.

Not that I'm afraid of the EU, and especially the white-flag brigade across the Channel, of course.

You are, however, perfectly correct in what you say.

As I've always been willing to point out, I believe that Boris sold us short for some reason which I can't be sure of.

No, what we should do is withdraw ourselves from this so-called agreement without more delay and find our own way.

Some would say that we'd be at a disadvantage without 'our friends', but I believe that we'd actually be much better off without them.

We have already made great advances with the rest of the world as trading partners and, in my opinion, we are still handing the EU far more than we are gaining from being 'their friends'!

I think that by 2024 if things don't change radically we might just find the voting population making the decision for our politicians, and I'm sure they are all too aware of that possibility.
I couldn't agree more JBR, I was prepared to give Boris some time
to put his foot down , but now with covid debacle, and fish exporting
ban etc it is evident the leopard has not changed its spots ??
The only way, as they say, is out!!

Donkeyman! 👎👎
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2021, 10:36 PM

Another war!..you little beauty. Just what we need.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2021, 10:49 PM

The extended solo at the end of Layla was a bit dire, but not enough reason to go to war with EC.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2021, 11:22 PM

Whoooppeee another European war! Just what the world needs. But hey just carry on...
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2021, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I think that by 2024 if things don't change radically we might just find the voting population making the decision for our politicians, and I'm sure they are all too aware of that possibility.
What will be the alternatives available at the voting stations?
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2021, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Whoooppeee another European war! Just what the world needs. But hey just carry on...
The good news will be that the UK will make an absolute fortune by selling arms to its enemies.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2021, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I'm just glad that Britain and it's fights with Europe aren't the centre of concern for us any more Bruce. Got enough crap to deal with right in our own front yard innit.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

03-02-2021, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
I'm just glad that Britain and it's fights with Europe aren't the centre of concern for us any more Bruce. Got enough crap to deal with right in our own front yard innit.
Indeed. From what you've described in other threads, your main adversary is somewhat more aggressive!!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2021, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
What will be the alternatives available at the voting stations?
The usual:
Conservative
Labour
Liberal (who are they?)
The Odds and Sods

and a new kid on the block:
Reform UK

From what I read, this particular party seems to be garnering an increasing number of followers.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2021, 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
The good news will be that the UK will make an absolute fortune by selling arms to its enemies.
We can certainly sell broom handles to the Germans!

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top