Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2021, 10:08 PM

Re: Shortages in the shops

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Excuse the digression............
We have recently changed dog food to Edgard Cooper and he seems to like it. We weaned him off the Lilly's over a couple of weeks. Dry in both cases.
Snot (the cat) eats what it's given.

(If it doesn't we give it something else.)
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2021, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Ullabi ->
Oops sorry, I misread, thought it said ”shortarses”
I absolutely love your sense of humour Ulla .. have you ever got thrown out for arsing around anywhere 😁😉
Roj Blake
London,UK
Roj Blake is male 

23-06-2021, 10:22 PM

Agree I use Tesco online for my weekly shop and have noticed they are still limiting some items to just one per shopper.
One thing I did notice early this week while placing my order was they had no celery,all three brands were not in stock so I'll probably retry later on in the week.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2021, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Roj Blake ->
Agree I use Tesco online for my weekly shop and have noticed they are still limiting some items to just one per shopper.
One thing I did notice early this week while placing my order was they had no celery,all three brands were not in stock so I'll probably retry later on in the week.

Celery, cucumbers and salads all suffering a bit I'm afraid.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2021, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Snot (the cat) eats what it's given.

(If it doesn't we give it something else.)
Our dog would devour everything.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2021, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Celery, cucumbers and salads all suffering a bit I'm afraid.
Why is that?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2021, 10:43 PM

The shelves do seem to be empty if you want salad in the evenings. Or maybe they are in the morning?

I've heard more serious stuff about a shortage of paint and cement etc. I say it's more serious as shortages can affect people's jobs rather than their waistlines.

Our supply chains are so fragile. We don't realise how much detailed work and cooperation goes into making them work. they are like an intricate invisible lacework keeping everything going.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2021, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Why is that?
I recall reading that the late frosts have caused problems in all sorts of ways. There was snow in Spain for the first time in I don't know how long. So shortages of certain fruits and a poor wine harvest were predicted in Southern Europe. Basically a perfect storm of bad news for foodies.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2021, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Why is that?
There is some problem with getting into the Country plus as mentioned there is a shortage of Eastern European drivers. I think also there's a problem getting pickers.
Roj Blake
London,UK
Roj Blake is male 

24-06-2021, 01:37 AM

Since lockdown has been slowly lifting the construction industry has started to get back to normal especially house building and people extending their houses this has resulted in a shortage of timber.Which will then result in price increases for building materials.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top