Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 06:07 PM

Re: New chapter for German/ UK relations !!

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I have a suspicion that Macron wants this EU army so his country's arms manufacturers have somewhere to sell their products.

Frances weaponry will come under the common defence policy and belong to the EU like everything else will. Germany will be the commander of it.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 06:12 PM

I have a suspicion that Macron wants this EU army so his country's arms manufacturers have somewhere to sell their products.
Good point Percy, he thinks he will look good in a. Three cornered
hat !!

Donkeyman! 👍👍
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 07:03 PM

Agreed.

That is probably nowhere better highlighted than with France's decision to end the Maritime Airborne Warfare System (MAWS) program which was going to develop a new maritime patrol plane after Germany decided to buy Boeing very recently.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe...ys-2021-07-07/
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 07:49 PM

Macropoleon wants the EU army under his command because he'd like total control of Europe.
Something one of his predecessors almost achieved, but for us!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top