Join for free
Page 8 of 13 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 10:04 AM

Re: Me, me, me.

I know. ...if you get two people's halves, it make a whole lotta trouble!

Geddit? Whole...? Yeah ok, I thought it was funny for this early on! never mind, as you were
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I know. ...if you get two people's halves, it make a whole lotta trouble!

Geddit? Whole...? Yeah ok, I thought it was funny for this early on! never mind, as you were
Yes, but it's a good job you didn't leave it any later.

Only kidding.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 10:11 AM

It takes a while for my brain to activate into the witty zone
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 10:25 AM

I can’t say I off load my personal problems to others, but I’m a strong person and don’t feel the need to,

But some people need others to offload onto, I will always listen and help if I can, it makes me feel good inside to help or listen to another, ...if we all helped one another, this world would be a much better, world, imo..

Edit to add...some people don’t have any family, I could be the only person they see all day, so if I have the time, then I have no problem with them off loading onto me.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I can’t say I off load my personal problems to others, but I’m a strong person and don’t feel the need to,

But some people need others to offload onto, I will always listen and help if I can, it makes me feel good inside to help or listen to another, ...if we all helped one another, this world would be a much better, world, imo..

Edit to add...some people don’t have any family, I could be the only person they see all day, so if I have the time, then I have no problem with them off loading onto me.
Pauline, good to see you.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Art i agree that you have to consider both people, but when you know there will always be people who can't stop talking I would always find a gentle way to stop the conversation on a bus, or go by car next time!
Try keeping a small book in your handbag, and when they won't stop talking say " Sorry I need to finish my book as the friend I am meeting wants it back today". It is only a small fib & shouldn't hurt the other persons feelings.
You could always get off the bus and then catch the next one
Twink??

Donkeyman! 👍🤗👍
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 10:57 AM

In future, l am going to lie on threads like this instead of telling the truth. Then l will get lots of pats on the back and some brownie points!

In fact, l might even go back to the town where l met the lady, find her, invite her back to my home and let her stay for as long as she likes and l will be all ears!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Have you named your bike, Spitty? Its only polite to address it by name if you chat to them.
Yes, Walter.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
In future, l am going to lie on threads like this instead of telling the truth. Then l will get lots of pats on the back and some brownie points!

In fact, l might even go back to the town where l met the lady, find her, invite her back to my home and let her stay for as long as she likes and l will be all ears!
We live in a small popup tent in our garden, since we invited a large number of strangers to take over our house and live scot free at our expense. We've even put a little inflatable boat on our pond so some of them can re-live and recount their perilous journey over to the UK.
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

26-07-2021, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->

I thought you were extremely patient with that lady, Artangel. With enemies like you, who needs friends!

Page 8 of 13 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top