Join for free
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2020, 11:36 PM

Re: What Washing Powder Do You Use?

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Been using the washing up liquid for about 6 days and am favourably impressed. It compares well with Sainsbury's own brand for both quality and price.

Have not tried the washing powder yet as I still a quarter of a box of Sainsbury's own to use up. Surcare is more expensive for almost the same weight - so will see what the performance is like before I judge it.
OK ..... I'll be interested in your opinion .....
JeanMcP
Ireland
JeanMcP is female  JeanMcP has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2020, 12:27 AM

Persil powder for me, its the only one Ive not become allergic too over the years

never use softener , white vinegar works better, doesn't coat the fibres and keeps the machine nicely clean and sweet smelling
reg
Manchester
reg is male  reg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2020, 01:57 AM

I see you found your excitement.
Glanny
N.Ireland
Glanny is female  Glanny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2020, 10:45 AM

I use whatever non bio powder is on offer, either Sainsbury's own or Surf, whatever. I usually use Sainsbury's own fabric conditioner but I water it down, really don't need it full strength. I find the fragrance of some powders migraine inducing, especially the all-in-one conditioner ones, (Bold?) really makes me feel quite ill.
I stopped using liquid regularly as it builds up in the machine and makes it smell, even with a fairly frequent machine wash cycle. Our water is very soft, not sure if this has a bearing but I know others in hard water areas have had the same problem with only using liquids. Interesting about the vinegar, Jean, might try that, do you just pour it into the conditioner bit?
I still do use liquid detergent occasionally though especially on dark washable woolies so I don't get specs of powder.

Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top