Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2020, 07:39 AM

Re: Have your culinary habits changed?

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Stop talking about fish and chips - pleeeese - I am pining here!
Awful isn't it Silver Tabby, my mouth is almost watering with the
anticipation of once again experiencing 'that taste'!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2020, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Both delicious, Besoeker!
Thank you, ST.
Yesterday, a kindly neighbour brought us back a kilo of fresh salmon. It will make three dinners for us. Last night we had a healthy baked salmon and salad feast.
Savvy
United States
Savvy is male  Savvy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2020, 01:29 PM

Yes, my eating has changed. I am now preparing every meal I eat, and I am getting sick of it! It pre-virus days, my wife and I would eat out two or three meals a week, giving us both a break. The pandemic has focused a strong spotlight of my lack of culinary talents.

I want a greasy chain restaurant burger, a mystery-meat taco, a buffet of questionable origin, or a fake ham and cheese breakfast biscuit!
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2020, 10:18 PM

Eating less to make food last longer, not changing just improvising. What we cannot get from usual shop we do without. Quite a few items we probably won't bother with again.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2020, 10:34 PM

I recently bought a huge bag of Gochugaru (a kind of chilli flakes) for making Kimchi and though I would never use it all
but it has proved a useful addition in many dishes .

I love making up dishes, today I had pasta with olive oil/ sauteed sliced tiny mushrooms/ Gochugaru/parsley from the garden all topped with some really crispy onion and grated parmesan. It was delicious ..

I have found if you slice onions really thinly then microwave them to remove the moisture before frying in a tiny bit of oil they become crisp and dry and make a great topping.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2020, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I recently bought a huge bag of Gochugaru (a kind of chilly flakes) for making Kimchi and though I would never use it all
but it has proved a useful addition in many dishes .

I love making up dishes, today I had pasta with olive oil/ sauteed sliced tiny mushrooms/ Gochugaru/parsley from the garden all topped with some really crispy onion and grated parmesan. It was delicious ..

I have found if you slice onions really thinly then microwave them to remove the moisture before frying in a tiny bit of oil they become crisp and dry and make a great topping.
I don't own a microwave, Meg, would a few minutes in a hot oven do the trick? Might try it anyway - I love crispy onions.
Savvy
United States
Savvy is male  Savvy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2020, 11:56 PM

Yep.

My wife and I have been eating my cooking exclusively for the last month. She hasn't complained, but I am sick of it! It wasn't so bad when we could eat out several meals a week.

I think I am going to have to stop cooking and take up drinking.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2020, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Not a problem for me as I've gone on a strict diet.
( Too fat ).
Right now , it's....
One round of toast for breakfast.
One jacket spud for tea (buy a bag a week during the supermarket dash, and it is literally now a dash to dodge the virus) and after that the cupboard's full of cuppa soups ...one a day with a round of bread.

I'm gonna be thin again!
I wish I could get my head into diet mode ...how do you do that right now ? The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2020, 06:59 AM

Lots of Wild Garlic around where I live right now....I'm going to pick some later and make a pesto with it to have with pasta....hardly any calories....NOT!
Westender
Sussex, UK
Westender is male  Westender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2020, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Lots of Wild Garlic around where I live right now....I'm going to pick some later and make a pesto with it to have with pasta....hardly any calories....NOT!
I love Wild Garlic, you can smell that deliciously garlicky aroma in the air when out for a forage!

I chop or tear it up into small piece's, leave it to infuse in extra virgin olive oil for a short while before making Wild Garlic Bread.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top