Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2011, 05:26 AM

Re: Growing Older

When I was at school I had to wear clodoppy brown lace ups with long brown socks, while the other girls wore winkle pickers with high heels. However, when I started work I made up for it and somehow I managed to dance in those high heels and not even break my neck once.
rueben
lancs uk
rueben is female  rueben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2011, 08:58 AM

Winkle-Pickers remind me of a favourite pair my O/H wouldn't part with. I couldn't persuade him to cast them off so when he wasn't there I threw them out. I didn't like him looking like Aladdin of the lamp with the toes curling up.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2011, 09:02 AM

Did he ever discover that you had thrown them out? I wonder if anyone has still got some of these lovely foot crushers hidden up in the loft or in the cellar along with some bellbottoms.
rueben
lancs uk
rueben is female  rueben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2011, 09:20 AM

Yes --I owned up. He took it on the chin and admitted that they had become to resemble a pair of oriental slippers.

I did go to a fancy dress birthday party last year dressed as a hippy with floral bell bottom trousers and hubby was dressed as a teddy boy. I only have a print photo maybe I can take a photo of a photo to show
Nuttygran
Northumberland, UK.
Nuttygran is female  Nuttygran has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2011, 09:25 AM

I was another teenager with "old fashioned" parents who had to wear "sensible shoes" but I haven't got the dreaded bunions now. My sister in law has just had the op'.

Getting old for me, is being able to please myself - when I get up - what I do - in fact, contentment...
rueben
lancs uk

23-06-2011, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
Did he ever discover that you had thrown them out? I wonder if anyone has still got some of these lovely foot crushers hidden up in the loft or in the cellar along with some bellbottoms.

Here is a photo this was in 2009 at the fancy dress we look like "oldies but goldies" We were certainly going back in time dressed like this. Notice the floral bell-bottom trousers.

The teddy boy and the hippie.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

23-06-2011, 04:36 PM

Oh my gosh you look wonderful, absolutely gorgeous the pair of you. Your outfit reminds me of my afghan coat, I loved so but one day I went into a posh dress shop with a friend and an assistant began spraying me with air freshner. I was really put out. To be honest I love those clothes and never grew out of wearing colourful stuff.I do love that handbag, how many times have people offered it a saucer of milk?

http://www.partypants.co.uk/pages/70s-fashion.htm

Just take a look here and go back in time. luvverly.
rueben
lancs uk

23-06-2011, 05:16 PM

Thanx Cookie we had a fun time that night. Some lively outfits on the fancy dress site. I have to laugh at some of the fashions we have worn over the years. I think one of the worst was the platform shoes with soles about 4" thick. We had to be careful how we walked or we could be in danger of breaking an ankle. That was about 35yrs. ago. Where has the time gone.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2011, 06:11 PM

Rueben, you have both got the look perfectly. When the youngsers of today try this they just can't get it right can they? We know ..... we were there!. As for the platforms I remember my doctor ticking me off for wearing them whilst pregnant with my first.
Nuttygran
Northumberland, UK.
Nuttygran is female  Nuttygran has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2011, 07:18 PM

Wow Rueben you both look great.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top