Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Minx's Avatar
Minx
Senior Member
Minx is online now
South Africa
Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 4,864
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
21-07-2021, 01:38 PM
1

Pick-up lines

What's your favorite cheesy pick-up line?

Guys, have you ever used it in real life? What was the line and the outcome?

Gals, has anyone ever tried a cheesy pick-up line and what was the result?
Meg's Avatar
Meg
Supervisor
Meg is offline
Worcestershire, England
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 42,789
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
21-07-2021, 01:51 PM
2

Re: Pick-up lines

I don't know many Minx I have little experience of chat up lines and some I have heard might be classed as sexist these days ...

My husband-to-be sent me a written message (via my work place ) after he first saw me saying ''Will you have dinner with me tonight, tomorrow night and every night'' and I did

I think this may have been a chat up line
I was doing the duty rota for a voluntary organisation telephoning members to fill in gaps. I came to a member I hasn't seen for a year or so and the conversation went like this...
Meg .. Can you help me out by filling an extra duty
He....Who is it with that day
Meg ...Me
He ...Do you still look the same
Meg ..I think so
He ..Ok I will do it.
realspeed
Chatterbox
realspeed is online now
South coast
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 12,899
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
21-07-2021, 03:29 PM
3

Re: Pick-up lines

one could use



I have the whole world in my hands if you held mine
LongDriver's Avatar
LongDriver
Senior Member
LongDriver is offline
West Sussex (coastal)
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 1,006
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
21-07-2021, 03:33 PM
4

Re: Pick-up lines

A lifetime ago, yes. From my distant memory, something along the lines of .. so you're a friend of "X" and you arrived with her. Perhaps you could leave with me and leave "X" to enjoy other friends in her group. Then maybe a little later .. if beauty is in the eye of the beholder, what about coming closer and be held.

If I had been playing with my band, no chat up lines were needed because as they had been hanging around waiting for an interval or until the end, then they were already interested. That was fine until my then future wife became my main lead singer just as we became engaged for a year and then married the year following that some 54+ yrs ago.
Minx's Avatar
Minx
Senior Member
Minx is online now
South Africa
Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 4,864
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
21-07-2021, 03:44 PM
5

Re: Pick-up lines

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
one could use



I have the whole world in my hands if you held mine
Thatís smooth realspeed
Minx's Avatar
Minx
Senior Member
Minx is online now
South Africa
Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 4,864
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
21-07-2021, 03:46 PM
6

Re: Pick-up lines

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
A lifetime ago, yes. From my distant memory, something along the lines of .. so you're a friend of "X" and you arrived with her. Perhaps you could leave with me and leave "X" to enjoy other friends in her group. Then maybe a little later .. if beauty is in the eye of the beholder, what about coming closer and be held.

If I had been playing with my band, no chat up lines were needed because as they had been hanging around waiting for an interval or until the end, then they were already interested. That was fine until my then future wife became my main lead singer just as we became engaged for a year and then married the year following that some 54+ yrs ago.

Thatís so sweet LongDriver and you landed the leading lady to boot
realspeed
Chatterbox
realspeed is online now
South coast
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 12,899
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
21-07-2021, 04:33 PM
7

Re: Pick-up lines

Minx I can tell you a little story about before Sue came really onto the scene, she knows about it I think so can tell on here

MY pal and I met a couple of girls how when and why doesn't matter. They were cousins and one lived in Scotland the other in Surrey. So next holiday Graham, who became my best man at my wedding, and I travelled up there to Scotland.
So up we went and booked into a hotel in Rutherglen .I Just signed in and Graham gave the girls a call saying we had arrived. Within about 10/15 minuites the girls were with us

The funny part was the barman called me over and said quietly to me " that is the fastest pickup he had ever seen". Little did he know we already knew them but I wasn't telling.

I shall say no more as what went on in the past stays in the past
Harbal's Avatar
Harbal
Senior Member
Harbal is online now
South Yorkshire
Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 2,889
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
21-07-2021, 04:50 PM
8

Re: Pick-up lines

Originally Posted by realspeed ->

I shall say no more as what went on in the past stays in the past
Unless it's a video you posted on Youtube years ago, of course.
Mups's Avatar
Mups
Chatterbox
Mups is offline
Northamptonshire
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 45,985
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
21-07-2021, 05:33 PM
9

Re: Pick-up lines

I don't much like 'cheesy' men, never have done, so I doubt a corny chat-up line would work with me.
Minx's Avatar
Minx
Senior Member
Minx is online now
South Africa
Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 4,864
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
21-07-2021, 05:40 PM
10

Re: Pick-up lines

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I don't know many Minx I have little experience of chat up lines and some I have heard might be classed as sexist these days ...

My husband-to-be sent me a written message (via my work place ) after he first saw me saying ''Will you have dinner with me tonight, tomorrow night and every night'' and I did

I think this may have been a chat up line
I was doing the duty rota for a voluntary organisation telephoning members to fill in gaps. I came to a member I hasn't seen for a year or so and the conversation went like this...
Meg .. Can you help me out by filling an extra duty
He....Who is it with that day
Meg ...Me
He ...Do you still look the same
Meg ..I think so
He ..Ok I will do it.
Simple and too the point
 
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

Thread Tools


© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top

Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.