Join for free
Reply
Page 22 of 22 « First < 12 20 21 22
APRICOT's Avatar
APRICOT
Senior Member
APRICOT is offline
Suffolk UK
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 4,886
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
11-12-2018, 03:06 PM
211

Re: Nigel Farage

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Rees-Mogg.

He would be the most able, although he has said that he has no interest in becoming PM.
People *DO* have changes of heart though . .
Aybody has got to better than Theresa the Freezer .
Reply With Quote
APRICOT's Avatar
APRICOT
Senior Member
APRICOT is offline
Suffolk UK
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 4,886
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
11-12-2018, 03:10 PM
212

Re: Nigel Farage

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Seems the scumbag 'nasty party' have 'form on this - didn't they do the same to Thatcher (phth, phth, phth). Could it be that the scumbags are mysoganistic???
Absolutely
Reply With Quote
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
swimfeeders is offline
Shropshire
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 15,394
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
11-12-2018, 04:16 PM
213

Re: Nigel Farage

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Dyson moved his manufacturing to Singapore because he wanted to be close to his largest market, which is China. He could have manufactured in China itself but productivity is nowhere near as good as Singapore and Singapore workers are well educated and speak good English etc. Singapore also has an FTA with the EU which helps but his head office remains here in the UK and he pays his taxes here.
Hi

Some facts.

China is not Dysons biggest market, that is the USA.


Dyson has not moved manufacturing to Singapore, but to Malaysia.

It is planning a new factory in Singapore.

Singapore does not have a FTA with the EU, it has a planned FTA.

Dyson does not pay his profits here.

Total Profits were 801 Million in 2017.

Dyson only paid tax of 1.9 Million here in the UK last year.

( Filed Accounts, Companies House).

The rest of the tax was paid abroad.
Reply With Quote
Pug's Avatar
Pug
Senior Member
Pug is offline
East Anglia,UK
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 4,619
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
11-12-2018, 04:33 PM
214

Re: Nigel Farage

I don't care WHERE they're made,nor by whom.
Reason? I have choice. I can decide not to buy one on ethical grounds,or for reasons known only to me...or I can buy one merely because Dyson're really good.
OR,I can purchase a 'Henry Hoover' [actually made by Numatic,NOT Hoover] who are based in Chard,thus are British [Gawd bless 'er Majesty] are equally as effective,although of 'corded' style,which bothers me not one jot-and which know how to smile as they work.
So,regardless of what money-hungry top-cats may or may not do,I have choice. So,what do I do? Simple - I use neither,I use a 1954 flat cylinder vacuum,with a cotton bag thingy inside that I empty each time with NO fuss or hassle. It's the same age as me,works as efficiently as me-[but has far less scars and dents]. That's choice. Y'do what suits YOUR pocket/conscience/requirements/outlook. After all,all we humans are the same race,y'know. It's just they pesky alien polititians who cause all the kerfuffle. Nobody is born hating ANYBODY...it's a learned trait. So just maybe,it's time to remove it from the curriculum....
Reply With Quote
Muddy's Avatar
Muddy
Chatterbox
Muddy is online now
UK
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 18,920
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
11-12-2018, 05:54 PM
215

Re: Nigel Farage

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
On the contrary a rude response such as this from you means that i have clearly won the debate. Unless you have a counter to my comment?
Yes Annie I do
Unfortunately a childish and rude comment is totally inappropriate in a civil discussion .
End of :
Is what rude know it alls use to end a discussion .
Firstly you don't know it all and you are often wrong .
Even so it's not for you to tell another adult to basically shut up

As it happens I know that James Dyson does employ and encourage bright young British people to work at his research facility .
He also offers awards and sponsorship through his foundation to schools and colleges .
https://www.jamesdysonfoundation.co.uk

When his factory was in Malmesbury he paid good wages and was well thought of by his employees .
My own brother worked for him for years .
Reply With Quote
AnnieS's Avatar
AnnieS
Chatterbox
AnnieS is offline
United Kingdom
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 8,228
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
11-12-2018, 09:01 PM
216

Re: Nigel Farage

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Yes Annie I do
Unfortunately a childish and rude comment is totally inappropriate in a civil discussion .
End of :
Is what rude know it alls use to end a discussion .
Firstly you don't know it all and you are often wrong .
Even so it's not for you to tell another adult to basically shut up

As it happens I know that James Dyson does employ and encourage bright young British people to work at his research facility .
He also offers awards and sponsorship through his foundation to schools and colleges .
https://www.jamesdysonfoundation.co.uk

When his factory was in Malmesbury he paid good wages and was well thought of by his employees .
My own brother worked for him for years .
Muddy my comment wasn't rude at all. You are making up non existent slights because you didn't have strong points. In fact your comment was incredibly rude and a personal attack.

I know what James Dyson does because I have read a great deal about him. He's extremely good at making money. But he now makes that money using labour abroad. He's reportedly recently opened a HQ in China where he is heavily investing and recruiting locally. He is very pro-foreign students coming here to contribute to his business and gave a number of interviews making his position clear before the pre-Brexit election. He is business minded and not particularly loyal to Britain. The only reason that he is worshipped is because he is pro-brexit. But he was pro-euro when Britain was deciding whether to join.

So he does what suits his business interests. You haven't argued against that in a convincing way. Yes he also employs and invests in people here but it's not his main focal point and he certainly isn't interested in manufacturing here.
Reply With Quote
Muddy's Avatar
Muddy
Chatterbox
Muddy is online now
UK
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 18,920
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
11-12-2018, 09:30 PM
217

Re: Nigel Farage

Annie firstly what you have read doesn't excuse bad manners .
I am not going to argue against him being a business man because that is a given .
You know nothing about him barring what 'you have read .'
No one as far as I know worships the man I supose that is another figment of your imagination .
You know nothing about his loyalties either .
Actually he has always been interested in manufacturing here and did so for many years .
https://www.news.com.au/technology/i...2f92fb79df1942
So yet again you are wrong.
I have no intention of trying to convince you of anything .
I have seen you wrong so many times it would be a complete waste of time .
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 22 of 22 « First < 12 20 21 22

Thread Tools


© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top

Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.