Join for free
Page 122 of 370 « First < 22 72 112 120 121 122 123 124 132 172 222 > Last »
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 02:38 AM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Annie, welcome back to yoga, and thank you for the link. I am going to give it a go after I sign off. As Mups will attest, it's a process that can be done anywhere, and is more important as we grow older. Mups I admire your discipline to your classes! Do you feel like your knees and hips have maintained most of the flexibility you had when you were younger?

Oh, Ruthio...you are so right, that stretch does feel good...and I haven't done it forever. I have a big exercise ball that I stretch on similarly on my stomach and back.

OGF, it sounds like you are slowly improving, and I know the temptation is strong to run...but you behave yourself...and stop doing Tom Jones impressions in the mirror too , as much as I am sure Mrs. Fox appreciates it .

(Off topic: Exciting news about Spain, considering Spain or Fiji vacation for a the autumn of '19. Have you been before? I know clumsy lives there...)

Floydy, that was some workout for having had a bad back! Look at you all fit as a fiddle, you do know it's February and as my grandmother would say, you could catch your death of cold . Actually, I think it's great that you are sharing your accomplishments...

Which brings me to Rhian who, according to another thread, has lost enough weight to need new clothes by taking on some dedicated swimming. We need to nudge her over this way.

It was a day off for me and my back - my once-a-week recovery day.. Back on the trails (ha, I typed "trials" which is probably closer to the truth) tomorrow! Now off to try Annie's yoga...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 11:14 AM

You people are showing me up for the imposter that I have appeared to be over this last week or two... It seems light years away since I lightly tripped around the lanes and byways of South Yorkshire, has it only been three weeks?...Mups and Annie with their Yoga, Floydy with his superhuman gym work, Surfermom with her surfing and running....And Ruthio down on her hands and knees...you are all making me feel very guilty.....

A minor setback occurred concerning my planned walk yesterday, while shuffling some heavy storage boxes around in the loft on Saturday, I seem to have dislodged a muscle in my buttock. Similar to the pain endured when reaching for that high kerb some weeks ago. It made moving quite painful so the walk was abandoned.

This morning however, progress has been made, after some supper followed by an Ibuprofen tablet last night the pain has diminished, so a mile or two walk to the surgery to hand in my prescription is iminent!

I flatly refuse to take a statin since my Heart Attack, but I do take a small dispersible Aspirin tablet and a low dose of Ramipril. Although recently I reduced the Ramipril to just four days a week. All of these are obtained on prescription, hence this morning's walk. The walk to the surgery and back probably does more good than the medication....

So before I go, I'll just leave you with the only exercise I've done since being injured...
Mrs Fox insists that I do the vacuuming each day, she reckons it will keep my back supple, and I have to wear the uniform.......

Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 03:51 PM

Whaaaat? Look at Bob! LOLOL!
Seriously mate, all credit to you for being so brave. I wouldn't do a 'full monty' almost, but maybe I'll do some kind of legs pose someday for the ladies if they require it badly enough
Looking fit anyway matey, just watch that back with your liftingAnd you're doing enough work around the house to keep Mrs. Fox and her penguin slapping away anyway!

Ruthio, Mups - Walking, yoga...all adds up girls. Keep at it

Surfermom - Don't worry, I don't make a habit of walking around shirtless; that was a pic in the cubical at the gym to be honest! I was hanging onto a rail above the door so as not show too much belly, not flexing my biceps too much though - I'll save that one for another day perhaps as there's too much flaunting around here for one day

- - - - - - - - - -

Still suffering a little with my neck ache, there still won’t be anything strenuous attempted in my gym work which may aggravate it, though today that didn’t matter because it was legs day (a day late, mind).
Sticking with my now tried and trusted formulae of three sets of fixed weights and decreasing reps, it went very well indeed adding 5-10kg here and there to other exercises to keep the strength side up too. I was hitting all my targets except the ham curls which I was too eager about with the number of reps.
The main thing is there were no problems with the knees, so I’ve reinstated extensions to my programme.

Monday, 26 Feb 18:

Incline press, 160kg:
50/40/30
*Added 10kg this time. I’ll take it up to 170 next week.

Sled press, 150kg:
35/30/25

Ab crunch, 40kg:
30/30/30
*Slotted this mandatory exercise in early as I couldn’t get on anything else!

Seated ham curls, 40kg:
45/25/15
*As noted above, not so good with these today. May decrease the weight by 5kg in order to keep the reps the same until I get stronger.

Adductor, 60kg:
35/25/15

Abductor, 60kg:
35/25/20
*The above two ‘good girls and bad girls’ are frustratingly stalemate now as I’ve been pushing the full stack for ages and unless I do ridiculously high reps, I won’t benefit. Have to have a think about where to go with these

Leg extensions, 25kg:
25/25/25
*Bringing these back into my programme after a while as I blamed them partly for my knee trouble (which is probably arthritis but I think a has quite a lot to do with lifting too much weight over the years too), I played around with a tiny weight just to get the feel of them on my knees. No problem with the lifting but we’ll see if I get any niggles in the next few days. If all’s okay, I’ll be keeping them in my routine and using a more suitable weight.

Thanks for reading as always
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 06:22 PM

Woo-Hoo, Foxy you old tease!
Look at that little tight bottie.

Good on yer. Lol.

P.S. On a more serious note, may I ask why you don't want to take the Statins? Did they not agree with you?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Woo-Hoo, Foxy you old tease!
Look at that little tight bottie.

Good on yer. Lol.

P.S. On a more serious note, may I ask why you don't want to take the Statins? Did they not agree with you?
Hahaha, thanks Mups......I always get a sweat on when I'm doing the housework..

Concerning the Statins Mups, how long have you got.....

Ever since my first Heart Attack back in 2004 I have studied the pro's and con's of Statins, and come to the conclusion that they are not suitable for me. I would hate to prevent other people from taking them based on my findings because we are all different and people have to make their own decisions. However, over the years I have collected an ever increasing mountain of information that prevents me from taking something I believe is detrimental to my health.....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 11:42 PM

Fair enough Foxy, I don't believe any 'one pill fits all' either.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 05:53 AM

I know, Floydy! How FUN is this place!

That is a very nice....ahem....vacuum, you have there OGF. It appears to be a nice model: powerful, streamlined, and electric.

While OGF may have camera with a timer, the picture in my mind is altogether different. I see Mrs. OGF sitting back with a cup of tea, pointing to different spots around the room that Mr. OGF has missed. All the while he vacuums away mumbling about penguins and being/having a pain in the...

Anyway, once OGF is finished, the forum's floors are a mess. Get right on that, would you OGF?

I'm starting to think that the UK has a serious case of cabin fever and - from an obvious dearth of outerwear, or clothes for that matter - you keep your buildings very, very warm on that side of the pond .

Btw, for all the knee and back problems around there, no one seems to be the worse for wear. .
____

Nice moderate addition of weight, Floydy. I am happy it went well for you. Does your neck seem to loosen up as you do your workout?

While weird flank problem was still irritating me, I decided it was not bad enough to take the day off, so off to the oak forest trail I went for some good hill running. When I realized that my pain had subsided by mile four I decided to increase my distance to seven. The running conditions were perfect, and I finished just as the sun slipped behind the tree line for the day.

I would elaborate more, but all these pictures are making it hard to concentrate. More tomorrow!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

27-02-2018, 05:56 AM

OGF, my dad did extensive research on Statins having had some unpleasant side effects, mostly related to muscle pain and weakness, that he said weren't worth taking the medication at his age. He had his heart attack eight years ago and is soon to be 85.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 06:39 AM

I work with someone who started taking statins a couple of years ago due to high cholesterol. His cholesterol went right down but he has half the energy and it's aged him, he seems to have lost muscle mass. Maybe that would have happened anyway but if I was given a choice I'd choose cholesterol over taking meds that seem to take away quality of life to such a degree. My mum has been on them about ten years and of course it's more difficult to gauge what's ageing and what's statins as you are older, but easier in a younger person.

A friend (my age) started taking statins as she had really high cholesterol and she felt really ill. Eventually they discovered she'd had cancer. Maybe the statins sped up diagnosis because of the reaction she had to them triggered all sorts of symptoms related to her cancer (serious ascites after two or three weeks). It makes you wonder what they do to your body if they can trigger such reactions.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 06:42 AM

On another note I am pleased to report that I did another half hour of yoga last night. Again with Adrienne. Everything still feels creaky after several months of having to rest the shoulder but I can feel the core muscles starting to really engage. Such a fuss to get to the end of the lesson, keep checking how many more minutes there are!

Page 122 of 370 « First < 22 72 112 120 121 122 123 124 132 172 222 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top