Join for free
Page 172 of 370 « First < 72 122 162 170 171 172 173 174 182 222 272 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2018, 10:42 AM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Thank's Missy and Surfermom.
Why is it, that when I can think of loads to write about on the forum, I have to rush off and have the least amount of time?....

On the other hand; when I've got loads of time, I just stare at the editing window and my mind is a blank?

So quickly.....After Sundays six miler with no stops, I set off for my five yesterday and ran the lot......Not only did I run the lot, I managed a super fast time of 57 minutes.......Fast for me anyway.....
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2018, 10:13 PM

This exercise malarkey is rather addictive once you make the start isn't it?

Been out three nights on the trot now, 6 miles the last two nights, fastest tonight 90 mins

My friend says that we need to do a smaller one tomorrow as neither of us can get out again till Monday so we have a 4 miler planned tomorrow - but its STEEP hills to make up for it

All the walks here have some hills so we try to start on a hill so we have an easier homeward journey but tomorrows won't be a circular walk so its up and down and up and down and an incline all the way back

Gluttons for punishment me thinks
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2018, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
This exercise malarkey is rather addictive once you make the start isn't it?

Been out three nights on the trot now, 6 miles the last two nights, fastest tonight 90 mins

My friend says that we need to do a smaller one tomorrow as neither of us can get out again till Monday so we have a 4 miler planned tomorrow - but its STEEP hills to make up for it

All the walks here have some hills so we try to start on a hill so we have an easier homeward journey but tomorrows won't be a circular walk so its up and down and up and down and an incline all the way back

Gluttons for punishment me thinks
It certainly is Missy; On a sunny afternoon in July 1978 I went out for my first mile run.....Forty years later and I'm still treading the lanes and paths in a pair of running shoes.....However, the shoes are considerably more expensive than they were all those years ago....

Well done by the way, that's impressive walking.....
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2018, 03:40 PM

Yes, Missy, you are becoming a full-fledged member of the "I am Hooked," club, and your membership card is in the mail. It sounds like you are having a great time of it and enjoying some pretty scenery and company. Good for you! I'll be interested in hearing about that hill climb!

OGF congratulations on your forty-year membership. We will have to give you a trophy and a designated parking place out front. Seriously though, forty years to do anything is exceptional, but it's mind-blowing that you have been fortunate and dedicated enough to be running so long. S. Fifty? You can do it, OGF!

As I know the forum is eagerly awaiting the Daily Toe Report, I am happy to say that I did six miles on an elliptical the other day, followed by a five mile bike ride with my daughter. My toes are no longer black and swollen, but the main culprit is still moaning and groaning. So, the balancing act between pushing myself and letting my toe enjoyed its extended vacation continues.

The neat thing about my gym visit was at nearby naval air station where most of the young pilots learn to fly. As it might be expected, it is filled with dedicated young military men who have a high stake in keeping fit It would be Floydy heaven with three weight rooms, five or six cable machines, four Smith machines, etc. It's filled with state-of-the art everything to the point that I have to ask for help so as not to be left dangling upside-down and hanging on by a thumb.

I think the military birthed the idea that giving people time off during their work schedule makes them more capable of doing their jobs effectively. I wonder why more companies don't encourage an hour of fitness? I suspect it would reduce insurance costs, sick days, and apathy.

Anyhow I digress. Having taken the day off to cook all day for an evening of barbecues and fireworks, I did not shed so much as a chip (crisp) of a potato in unwanted weight and sloth - but today is another story with blue skies and light winds.

Alright, time's a wasting...

It's summer; I hope the world finds us all on the right side of our walls!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2018, 04:48 PM

Wow that gym sounds right up my street, Suzie...except it's not, it's in Florida, so I'll have to make do.
I'm sure you would enjoy pottering around in there though and testing their machines for them with a few hundred high reps or so. Or perhaps stick to the running and surfing - which could be a safer bet. It's usually best to carry on with what is natural to you

Bob - You've come on in leaps and bounds quite literally since a month or so ago. Forty years of running doesn't just evaporate, even with ailments such as you've had recently. Like me with my everlasting quest for retaining my hard work earned over the years with my weight training, you're in it for life bud. Enjoy it mate, great to see you're back in the land of the living again

Missy - As above, this fitness lark is certainly addictive. Once you start you can't stop, the louder you scream the faster you go (or is it the other way around sometimes?). Regardless, great to see you tramping those roads like my erstwhile colleagues in here.

Myself, well due to my jaunt to Liverpool to see the fantastic and rather stunning Roger Waters concert earlier this week, gym work has been put on hold somewhat. Yesterday I was completely battered and fried from spending so much time over those two days walking around in the sun, coupled with exhausting and humid train journeys (and a few sociable pints), I watched the England game and yesterday night I was back at work feeling drained and jaded. Today I was all set actually to visit the gym but my wife was otherwise occupied and couldn't do the school run, so I galantly stepped in and picked up the little monkey from class and took her for her Thursday Happy Meal (I had chicken, before you berate me!).

Last night of just two this week at work tonight and some training will definitely take place tomorrow and Saturday morning (before the match), so I intend to make up for some lost time imminently.

Take care all
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2018, 08:09 PM

Oh just remembered...my blood tests were all okay. Everything satisfactory
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2018, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Good news Floydy
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2018, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
great news.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

05-07-2018, 09:12 PM

Brilliant news Floydy, so glad to hear that there's nothing lurking under the surface. You will be exercising down at the gym with renewed vigour after receiving your 'All Clear' just don't overdo it though, old age doesn't show up in blood tests....

The description of the gym you visited with those fly boys Surfermom, conjured up the thought of 'An Officer and a Gentleman' ....
It's good to hear that you are experimenting with alternative means of exercise to try and keep in shape after your unfortunate accident....Take it from me, that when you are the wrong side of fifty, every layoff gets harder and harder to make a comeback from, and it's usually speed that suffers, but I've every confidence in you, because it Strikes me that you're made of stern stuff; Are you sure you're not from Yorkshire?....

Thanks also Floydy and Surfermom for your compliments upon my membership of the 'Forty Year Runners Club':- Celebrations will take place on 28th July...The day that changed the direction of my life (for the better)......I look forward to occupying my own personal parking space in the forum car park...

It was touch and go whether I would be actually running on the twenty eighth, which is a Saturday....Wouldn't it be grand to be able to run forty miles on that day....
At least it would be better than having to run sixty eight miles on my birthday next week....

Although I've been running/walking five milers for about a month now, my first proper run took place on Sunday with six non stop miles out into the country. I followed this on Tuesday with a spirited run round my five mile route, and set a new best time for my post piriformis comeback; 57:40....And then this morning 57:18 in what turned out to be the hottest day of the year so far. I shall keep up my Friday run in the morning although I expect a steady one, not being used to running on consecutive days.

I had to shuffle things around this morning as Peter the Painter came to finish the kitchen, and Although I feel I could have managed the job myself, it would have taken me a couple of weeks to complete it at my steady pace... I was amazed at the amount of work Peter managed to do on his first day..... I feel that a great weight has been lifted from my shoulders....Sorry for the rambling........
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2018, 11:24 PM

40 years of running, you deserve a medal

And as for Floydy and Sufermom, well you two need certifying lol

Joking, but I cant see me ever in a gym. I wouldn't have a clue where to start or what won't kill me

My work is pretty heavy. Im only 5ft and not only do I have to fill bags to either 10 or 15 kgs, I then have to lift them up to the scales which are already at my bust height so its pretty heavy. Also 30 kg crates which aren't so bad at waist height, but lifting from the floor and getting to work top height is a strain

Anyways I really was so very very tempted to bow out tonight. I was up at five for work after not getting to sleep till 3am, done 9 hours in the heat, it was touch and go for a while but my friend knocked and away we went.

Luckily she too was feeling it so we agreed just a quickie to loosen the muscles so it was just a 2.5 miler on the flat, well as flat as NI gets

Mind it was so lovely and cool out there tonight, if it weren't that we both had so much to get on with indoors, we could easily have carried on. We seriously had to talk ourselves out of it lol

So we are both resting now till Monday as we have a charity event tomorrow and then the weekends are busy for us both

The charity event is at our local restaurant , 4 mile away and we have been challenged to walk there - we are thinking on it

Page 172 of 370 « First < 72 122 162 170 171 172 173 174 182 222 272 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top