Join for free
Page 217 of 370 « First < 117 167 207 215 216 217 218 219 227 267 317 > Last »
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2018, 05:46 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Thanks Floydy and Surfermom.
Your run sounds very eventful Surfermom, like running through an obstacle course.
Torrential rain. Sometimes it’s nice to have a good excuse just to laze around.
Enjoy your day Floydy and everyone else.

I feel grateful that I’m still able to exercise and have made a commitment to stay in the best shape I can to help prepare myself for old age. It’s gotta help some.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2018, 03:26 AM

Haha, I do have to say that as much as I enjoy the feeling of being alone on my grand runs, I really enjoy seeing kids on the beach. It's one of the few places where they can run freely and they are ever a source of entertainment - with a lot more freedom than they probably get at home, and for hours on end. Ever a wary eye to the gulf, though.

A shame about the rain Floydy, but how nice to cozy up at home. Bratti, I am looking forward to hearing more about your membership.

Today's run was uneventful and after one more short one tomorrow (five), my running shoes will next find themselves on the beach in Dominican Republic (hot) and then Chicago (freezing) . Thanksgiving is on Thursday, so there's time for a quick getaway and help out with a little project (a very good one, I hope). With that, I'd better go throw a bikini and a parka into a suitcase.

Good luck slaying the lazy dragons, everyone!

On your mark(s), get set....

Go!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2018, 12:51 PM

When you live in South Yorkshire an East wind is never a welcome visitor. In the depths of winter it can deposit several inches of snow around these parts, with nothing to stop it as it scurries its way across the North Sea from Denmark and Sweden.

No snow this morning though as I set off for a five mile run at first light, but the wind was so cold that the five degrees C felt more like minus five, and to add some interest to a bare legged runner, it had brought a deluge of rain with it....

A substantial waterproof top was selected accompanied by hat and gloves, but I'm still turning out in shorts....And despite the conditions it turned out to be a very comfortable and reasonably speedy run.

Safe journey on your expeditions Surfermom It would have been nice to have accompanied you on a leisurely jog around the Dominican (I was there a few years ago) but I'll pass on the Chicago outing.....Happy Thanksgiving also.. Although the twenty seventh won't be a bed of roses for me as my dentist will be trying to make the best of a 68 year old set of teeth....At least, they're still my own.....

(thoughts):- Surfermom in a bikini?.....Mmmmmmm
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2018, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
I feel grateful that I’m still able to exercise and have made a commitment to stay in the best shape I can to help prepare myself for old age. It’s gotta help some.
Bratti, you've hit the nail on the head there. Preparing the body for old age (or pre-old age in my case! ) is my philosophy too. It's all too easy to start taking things easy when we get older and I'm sure Bob especially is in agreement with that. I look up to all you folks as great inspiration. If you can keep on keeping fit, I have no excuses. Well done!

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Today's run was uneventful and after one more short one tomorrow (five), my running shoes will next find themselves on the beach in Dominican Republic (hot) and then Chicago (freezing) . Thanksgiving is on Thursday, so there's time for a quick getaway and help out with a little project (a very good one, I hope). With that, I'd better go throw a bikini and a parka into a suitcase.
Go!
Hey Suzie, no exercise is uneventful. You made a great effort but perhaps there wasn't as much to see in the way of things going on and scenery changes today?
The Dominican Republic later this week is it? have a great time, I've heard it's a beautiful place

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
No snow this morning though as I set off for a five mile run at first light, but the wind was so cold that the five degrees C felt more like minus five, and to add some interest to a bare legged runner, it had brought a deluge of rain with it....

A substantial waterproof top was selected accompanied by hat and gloves, but I'm still turning out in shorts....And despite the conditions it turned out to be a very comfortable and reasonably speedy run.in a bikini?.....Mmmmmmm
Nice legs Bob, even nicer jacket although I'll probably give those visions a raincheck if Suzie shows us her stuff in her bikini next week....

I used to love running in the rain, that coolness of the water hitting your face washing away the sweat...but on the legs - that was freezing! I'd always wear fleece joggers in the winter downpours. Credit to you on even venturing out though matey...you're a braver man than me yesterday and all I had to do was walk five steps to my car!

- - - - - - - - - -

Tuesday 20/11/18: Legs; 45 mins.
(All weights in kilogrammes)

It’s still raining here, three days running now but, hey, it doesn’t rain inside the gym so I manned up and hit the road to glory. Feeling more tired than usual after a busy night at work and patchy sleeping this morning I nevertheless completed my routine, although it was rather rushed; I should have rested more between the sets as my recovery is bound to take longer and be more painful because of it. Having said that, I did fit in my full range of leg exercises which I didn’t manage to do last week, so it’s swings and roundabouts. Let’s crack on with the details…

Incline press:
25x150, 20x200, 10x250, 6x300
*Nice to go really heavy with the 300 on the last set, which went up really easily considering the absence of anything that weighty for a while. Although it can be very tempting to push for my old 400+ leg pressing from those heady bodybuilding days of yore, I won’t go there as I don’t want my knee issues coming back. More reps on the 300 instead, or an extra set will suffice.

Seated ham curls:
20x50, 10x60, 6x70, 4x80
25x35
*Strangely cutting out before my proposed number of reps on the higher weights with this today which is probably due to the heavier incline presses.

Horizontal “Sled” press:
25x120, 20x150, 20x150, 12x200, 12x200
50x120 high reps
*Same exact routine as last week. I’d done enough pressing already, those thighs can only get so pumped up until they complain!

Extensions:
25x50, 15x75, 12x90
8x100
12x100 slow inner quad isolations
25x40 slow
*Really powering up those upper knee quads to vein-bursting point on the isolated work.

Adductor:
25x60, 25x60
*After an absence of three weeks on this and the next exercise, it felt good to notice the inner tops of my thighs getting some grief for a change.

Abductor:
20x60, 20x60
*Like the above exercise which this is a reverse of, toning up the glutes needed doing. Who's wants a saggy bum?

Lying ham curls:
20x20, 15x25, 10x32.5
*In the prone position, curling the stack weight with the hamstrings. I haven’t done this one for about six months as I usually find it aggravates my lower back, but no issues today hence the light weight lifted.

All well and good and nice to do a variety of exercises for a change. I'll be restructuring my routine from next week on the leg training, something I haven't really changed for a long time. Same exercises but with some different combinations and denominations.
My planned dib dab with a few minutes of treadmill afterwards didn’t materialise but all’s fine as I’ll save myself for the weekend’s full session on that.

Tomorrow I’m meeting up with my sister which was postponed from last week and Thursday I need to do a monthly food shop, so there’s no mid-week upper body work this week. But not to worry, I’ll definitely make up for it at the weekend.

Thanks for reading. Have a good evening all
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2018, 10:15 PM

Hi exercise buddies, I've just got back from doing a marathon in exercise tonight. Firstly at 6pm I did a 45 minute spin class followed at 7pm by a 45 minute Zumba class then I went for a 20 minute swim, managed 20 lengths. I then went in the jaccuzzi but it wasn't warm! so I beggared off in the steam room for 5 minutes followed by a nice hot shower, hair wash and home! PHEW.

Hey Bratti I wish there was a skating ring at my gym you lucky thing. I've got my own skates too but I never go to the skating ring anymore as its a fair way, if it was at my gym I would definitely skate!

Nice legs Bob and I know what you mean about that 5 degrees feeling like minus 5 brrrrrrrrrrr your legs will be turning into icicles at this rate LOL.

SM you are very fortunate to be able to job along a beach but then I know you know that.

Hugs all, I reckon I will sleep like a baby tonight for sure after that lot LOL xx
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2018, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Hi exercise buddies, I've just got back from doing a marathon in exercise tonight. Firstly at 6pm I did a 45 minute spin class followed at 7pm by a 45 minute Zumba class then I went for a 20 minute swim, managed 20 lengths. I then went in the jaccuzzi but it wasn't warm! so I beggared off in the steam room for 5 minutes followed by a nice hot shower, hair wash and home! PHEW.

Hey Bratti I wish there was a skating ring at my gym you lucky thing. I've got my own skates too but I never go to the skating ring anymore as its a fair way, if it was at my gym I would definitely skate!

Nice legs Bob and I know what you mean about that 5 degrees feeling like minus 5 brrrrrrrrrrr your legs will be turning into icicles at this rate LOL.

SM you are very fortunate to be able to job along a beach but then I know you know that.

Hugs all, I reckon I will sleep like a baby tonight for sure after that lot LOL xx
Marvelous workout, Lion Queen. I bet you felt great after that shower!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2018, 01:45 PM

OK floydie laddo - I have two HB pencil clapsed in hands - how many lift ups would you suggest - they ARE giant sized!! - will I get muscles as enlarged as yours??
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2018, 05:38 AM

Hey fitness buddies,

Nice legs Bob. You look very healthy, very young and very happy. It doesn’t get much better than that mate.

Floydy, just reading your exercise routine is tiring. I saw my brother last weekend also. In fact I’ve seen him more in the past 6 months than I have the past 15 years.
3 days of rain ? Boo!

Ruthio, where are you woman. Don’t you do palettes?

Lion Queen, look at you go! I knew you had an athlete in you. I DID. That day when we talked about getting second hand clothes and you said you wanted to lose weight. I knew that day that you meant it and would follow through and you did. Good stuff. You must feel so proud of yourself and it’s a great feeling.

I really enjoy skating also. The country is a great place for skating . There are 1 to 2 kilometre ice trails to skate on that are a blast so instead of going around in circles you actually have paths wondering through trees , rivers and lakes. It’s mega fun. Here’s a pic of us all skating last year.
Such great fun exercise.

That’s quite the workouts you do. You’re a serious athlete.

Tonight it was -16 degrees with wicked snow squalls mixed with hail but I went to the gym anyway. My girlfriend and I are going to see Bohemian Rhapsody tomorrow night so I really needed my swim in tonight. I wore a two piece bathing suit tonight but not a bikini. The top is a full top and the bottoms are like biking shorts but in swimming material and they match so look nice together.

I swam 50 lengths x 82.5 feet again which is 4,125 feet. A mile is 5, 280 feet. Next time I swim I’d like to reach a full mile.

Didn’t have time for a sauna but sat in the whirlpool with for a while which was nice.

I’m so glad I joined this gym. Seasonal effective disorder was kicking in and I was starting to get depressed but this is a game changer.

Later fitness chums.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2018, 12:11 PM

What a brilliant post Bratti, and lovely photos. I could just see myself running around those lakes and woods.....Preferably in summer though....
Thanks for the compliment, but some days I feel all of my 68 years....
But not today.....I threw myself out into the mist and murk while it was still dark and had a comfortable five mile run. Going to see 'A star is Born' at the cinema, so it had to be an early start.

We went to see 'Bohemian Rhapsody' last week Bratti, and it was brilliant, the best movie I've seen all year, and the bloke playing Freddie was excellent, in fact, I thought it was Freddie himself when he first appeared. A lump appeared in my throat at the end as they were playing their final gig at Wembley, outstanding performance and such a sad loss....... RIP Freddie....
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

22-11-2018, 02:06 PM

Thanks Bob. You would love the jogging trails here. There’s one paved one that goes all the way around the bay. It’s a beautiful trail. You get a nice breeze coming off of the lake.

My brother and some friends saw Bohemian Rhapsody and said it was the best movie ever . Plus Lion Queen gave it raving reviews and I trust her opinion so I’m really excited to see it tonight. Giddy even.

I just realized that I forgot to include Surfermom in my post.
I’m sorry Surfermom. I meant to add that I was kidding about the kids being part of an obstacle course. It’s very sad obvious you enjoy what you are doing or you wouldn’t be doing it.

And I think we need a picture of this bikini you speak of.
I’m trying to think if I’d be brave enough to wear one again. I had them when I was younger and can’t quite remember when the last time was that I had one on.

I enjoy walking on the beach I do it often. I’ll show a pic of our beach. It’s not an ocean but one of the Great Lakes and I LOVE it. The waves are so soothing to feel on the feet and listen to but it’s not sandy everywhere so running would be entirely out of the question.

Page 217 of 370 « First < 117 167 207 215 216 217 218 219 227 267 317 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top