Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2015, 10:43 PM

Do we have any forum addicts here?

If so I need your help!

As some of you will know, I admin a number of sites. One of the oldest (and biggest) is Dogsey, and it has just had a nip and tuck. Many of the things we have learned on Dogsey (occasionally the hard way) have been put to good use here on Over 50s For example, the 'minimal intervention' moderating philosophy that we have here is because we found that it was near impossible to police rude or insulting posts/members without inadvertently curtailing freedom of speech and expression (or at least that's how it was perceived).

The overly complex rules that built up over several years left many members wondering what they could or couldn't say, which resulted in fewer and fewer people taking part in discussions, particularly controversial or emotive ones (like the heated ones we get here at times )

So I'd really appreciate your help for two reasons:

- Firstly, to help demonstrate that it's ok to debate things on Dogsey like we do on here. I encourage you to sign up on Dogsey and post discussions and debates as you normally would do here (in its new dedicated Off-topic Forum if you don't have or are not interested in dogs) and/or by participating in discussions that others have posted. In short, just be yourself!

- And secondly, for you to take a look at how we have set things up there and see which bits (if any) would be good to have here (such as photo uploads, news homepage, articles, thread categories, the 'Respect' point system that is tied to features, and so on. Dogsey is using the same software that we use here, so we could potentially add many of its new features on Over 50s.

If you fancy giving this a go, I'd appreciate any feedback (feel free to leave it here or there) and feel free to say Azz invited you over to take a look at the new look Dogsey if you feel like it

As I said, you'd be doing me a big favour, but if you need an incentive, read on because I'm happy to give you one!

We are running a new posting competition on Dogsey so I think it's only fair that I extend it to you too! If you manage to make 500 posts on Dogsey over the course of a year, I will give you a free 12 month Silver Supporter subscription here on Over 50s Forum. Make 1000 posts and you get a Gold Supporter subscription. Make a 1500 and you can have a Diamond or Platinum one (If you are already a member there, let me know so that we can make a note of your post count before you start.) For full details see the announcement there. The only thing that differs is that your Supporting Subscription would be for Over 50s Forum rather than Dogsey.

I hope we have some forum addicts here who are willing to give this a go. As I said, you'd be doing me a huge favour.

Thanks, and I hope to see some of you there
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2015, 11:05 PM

Re: Do we have any forum addicts here?

I think may have joined Dogsy at some point, unless it was Catsy but no idea of user name or passwords etc.
Shall I just make another profile if I decide to give it a go?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2015, 11:11 PM

I'm a forum addict if you don't mind a pig there... who only has a stuffed beagle called Snoopy ... but I do love dogs.

It was a Dogsey member who recommended here to me .. and I see she's still there.
I suspect I have an old account knocking about.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2015, 11:21 PM

What does this mean Azz?

"The only thing that differs is that your Supporting Subscription would be for Over 50s Forum"
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2015, 11:24 PM

I've been and got a dog ...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2015, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->

Oh my goodness
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2015, 11:29 PM

After YP i will give this a miss.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

03-12-2015, 11:30 PM

Okay ... maybe I need a trip to the poodle parlour first.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2015, 11:31 PM

I love it!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2015, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I think may have joined Dogsy at some point, unless it was Catsy but no idea of user name or passwords etc.
Shall I just make another profile if I decide to give it a go?
If you enter an incorrect user or password on sign in, it gives you the option to 'reset' password by putting your email in there - if that doesn't work for any emails you can remember then yeah, go ahead and create a new account

I'm a forum addict if you don't mind a pig there... who only has a stuffed beagle called Snoopy ... but I do love dogs.

It was a Dogsey member who recommended here to me .. and I see she's still there.
I suspect I have an old account knocking about.
Will be nice to see you there Morticia see my post to TessA, if you can't find your old account just go ahead and sign up a new one

Originally Posted by dukeofearl ->
What does this mean Azz?

"The only thing that differs is that your Supporting Subscription would be for Over 50s Forum"
It means if you get the required posts on Dogsey (500, 1000, or 1500) then you get the Supporting Member sub here for Over 50s

Originally Posted by Nom ->
After YP i will give this a miss.
YoP was much smaller in comparison Nom..

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top