Join for free
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2018, 09:01 PM

Go home tourists!!!

Wow! Spain certainly knows how to cut it’s own throat doesn’t it

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/938802

Apparently, Tourists are being made to feel unwelcome n Spain. Majorca chiefs are planning a huge protest when the worlds’ largest Cruise ship, Symphony, docks in Palma. The protest is being organised by two environmental groupwho are against more cruise arrivals, claiming they create pollution and more overcrowding of the “already saturated islands”. They also claim staff on board are being exploited.

Apparently no-one also thought to tell tourist s visiting their country, that Spain has DOUBLED the tourist tax for visitors. Guests at a 5 star hotel even refused to pay the extra when they went to pay the tax at the reception desk as they had not been informed of this daylight robbery!

Even worse news.

Spain are also BANNING free drinks that have until now, always been part of the price of All-Inclusive holidays. They will now only be free with your meal, but those teas, coffees, spirits, soft drinks and beers that were always free outside on the verandah and around the pool and terrace will be no more!

Another bit of news, 90 demonstrators went onto a Majorcan beach with placards telling tourists to go home! Apparently, those tourists, along with Spanish visitors on the beach, went berserk and the demonstrators had to seek police protection.

It seems the Hotel management over there are going ballistic! They are begging the tourists not to desert Spain.

Hmmm, should prove interesting, I’m sure the tourists won’t be returning in a hurry to somewhere that is totally dependent on them for their economy, yet think it is okay to treat them like dirt, act like Dick Turpin and put Tourists off ever returning.

Nice one Spain!! At first I thought it was an Anti-Brexit thing, but this vendetta appears to be against all tourists visiting Spain! What on earth is going on?
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2018, 09:52 PM

Re: Go home tourists!!!

Have the SNP taken over Spain?
Panda
Dorset/Europe
Panda is female 

23-08-2018, 09:55 PM

Think this is old hat!
John leave
Hertfordshire
John leave is male  John leave has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2018, 10:01 PM

its been going on for a long time the locals want peace the hoteliers want tourists and there money.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2018, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by John leave ->
its been going on for a long time the locals want peace the hoteliers want tourists and there money.
And if the locals want jobs they should think on.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2018, 05:25 PM

Tut tut,You should all be good Patriotic Folk and holiday at Home...Your Country needs You...and Your money..You know it makes sense
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2018, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Tut tut,You should all be good Patriotic Folk and holiday at Home...Your Country needs You...and Your money..You know it makes sense
Tbh, I reckon a lot more people holidayed at home this year what with all the nice weather. It has certainly been busy down here. I had to queue for ages to get my 99.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2018, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Tbh, I reckon a lot more people holidayed at home this year what with all the nice weather. It has certainly been busy down here. I had to queue for ages to get my 99.
Even wait for ever for a 69
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2018, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Devon was beautiful, going again soon!
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2018, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
And if the locals want jobs they should think on.
Exactly mate....

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top