Join for free
Page 43 of 56 « First < 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 > Last »
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2018, 06:23 PM

Re: Flu jab 2018 booked

Originally Posted by galty ->
Interesting so called fact and the results of an extreme case.
That's a sad tale Galty and the whole thing was so totally unnecessary.

The Doctor's statement there is interesting imo:

"You can't get that from a flu shot," said Dr. Wachs. "A flu shot will not inject anything into you, Guillain-Barré is your body's response to a flu shot or a pathogen."

Here's the statement from the actual FLUAD package insert:

6.2. Postmarketing Experience

The following adverse events have been spontaneously reported during post-approval use of FLUAD in Europe and other regions since 1997. Because these events are reported voluntarily from a population of uncertain size, it is not always possible to reliably estimate their frequency or establish a causal relationship to the vaccine.

Nervous system disorders:
Encephalomyelitis, Guillain-Barré Syndrome, convulsions, neuritis, neuralgia, paraesthesia, syncope, presyncope
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2018, 06:38 PM

There's an interesting article here about GBS and its instance of occurring with the vaccines from 1976 onward.

https://www.health24.com/Medical/Flu...r-not-20150321
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
There's an interesting article here about GBS and its instance of occurring with the vaccines from 1976 onward.

https://www.health24.com/Medical/Flu...r-not-20150321
Four years ago I had a bad reaction to the flu jab.

Felt odd for about four weeks and then came down with which I thought was the flu for about six days.

Only on reading this mans case in Vegas did I relies I had GBS caused by this jab.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 02:26 PM

I used to get the flu and chest infections on a regular basis my cupboard was always full of emergency antibiotics and steroids. They are still there but since I stopped having flu jabs in 2012 and started building up my own immune system I have not had any lung infections or the flu.

Funny that isn't it.

My COPD nurse and my GP question me every year and every year I tell them where to shove their flu jabs.

Start eating the right stuff stop being lazy and depending on the jab each year,you will reap the benefits.

Also remember if you mix with some one who has the flu it takes around 2/3 days to come out in yourselves if its passed on.
In that time you could get your jab and then your flu infection will be 10 times worse than the normal flu.

Flu jabs should be given in the summer periods when there are less bugs about if it last a year what the problem changing the time of year.
I think they just give it to the elderly to keep the NHS lists down myself..
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

15-12-2018, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Flu jabs should be given in the summer periods when there are less bugs about if it last a year what the problem changing the time of year.
Funny thing but . . . . bugs and viruses don't go away on holidays. They don't disappear off to Spain every summer and come back to the UK at winter.

So . . . . . .

Million dollar question . . . .

Why is there always a big flu round every winter?

Where do all those flu viruses suddenly come from and where were they hiding all spring and summer?

It doesn't take a genius to realise that this all coincides with the annual flu vaccination programme.

Hmmmmmmm!
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 07:49 PM

Funny thing but . . . . bugs and viruses don't go away on holidays. They don't disappear off to Spain every summer and come back to the UK at winter.

So . . . . . .

Where do all those flu viruses suddenly come from and where were they hiding all spring and summer?

It doesn't take a genius to realise that this all coincides with the annual flu vaccination programme.

Hmmmmmmm!
Give this man a Popsicle,only sensible writer on here ,apart from me that is.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 08:02 PM

So . . . . . .

Hmmmmmmm!
Just a thought, I've always assumed it was due to temperatures, in the summer too hot for the bugs to survive, winter damp and cooler so they can attack us. We aren't as healthy in the cold and damp either so more prone to catch things. Nothing healthier than a lovely summers day, nothing more depressingly sick making than a cold damp day.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Just a thought, I've always assumed it was due to temperatures, in the summer too hot for the bugs to survive, winter damp and cooler so they can attack us. We aren't as healthy in the cold and damp either so more prone to catch things. Nothing healthier than a lovely summers day, nothing more depressingly sick making than a cold damp day.

Also Julie, don't forget different pathogens need different cirucmsances and environments to survive and thrive.

Bit like our plants and nature. Some things need warmth and light, others thrive in cooler, damp or humid conditions. etc.

Also with many older people, they let themselves get run down if they can't afford heating and hot meals and so on.
Constant stress, lack of sleep through aches and pains, colder temperatures and/or immobility, crowded places around other poorly people . . . lots of things contribute to ill health IMO.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

16-12-2018, 01:23 AM

How long do bacteria and viruses live outside the body?

https://www.nhs.uk/common-health-que...side-the-body/

"Flu viruses

Flu viruses capable of being transferred to hands and causing an infection can survive on hard surfaces for 24 hours. Infectious flu viruses can survive on tissues for only 15 minutes.

Like cold viruses, infectious flu viruses survive for much shorter periods on the hands. After 5 minutes the amount of flu virus on hands falls to low levels.

Flu viruses can also survive as droplets in the air for several hours; low temperatures increase their survival in the air.

Parainfluenza virus, which causes croup in children, can survive for up to 10 hours on hard surfaces and up to 4 hours on soft surfaces."

Pretty amazing really. These viruses can only survive for HOURS in various conditions when they are OUTSIDE the human body.

How is it that they haven't all simply died then?

It would suggest that there are always flu viruses in some humans perpetually such that the viruses never die, no matter what strain they are. The viruses would have to be constantly passed on to other humans in a never ending cycle.

Do I believe this?!

Do I heck!

Were the viruses not constantly passed on from human to human they would simply die a death. What exacerbates this entire thing is the flu vaccine which according to one study is thought to make a person spread the flu 6 times more than un-vaccinated people. That and the possibility that flu viruses are being deliberately released into the environment by wicked vaccine manufacturers !
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2018, 01:53 AM

Were the viruses not constantly passed on from human to human they would simply die a death. What exacerbates this entire thing is the flu vaccine which according to one study is thought to make a person spread the flu 6 times more than un-vaccinated people. That and the possibility that flu viruses are being deliberately released into the environment by wicked vaccine manufacturers !
I've never read anything quite as ridiculous. How do you suppose flu existed before vaccines and before the existence of the dreaded "big pharma"?

It moves from host to host and most of the many strains move from animal to animal and then mutate to humans. It's a bit like asking how do bacteria survive. So yes you could eradicate flu if you stopped every living creature that carries it from communicating with other living creatures for the time it takes to get shot of the virus from their systems. Bear in mind that while it is fragile on surfaces, it lasts up to three weeks or more in a host. But nobody can do that.

But as a virus it is far more resilient outside hosts than many others. 24 hours is a long time. That's why people should always wash their hands when they touch surfaces that are on public transport or door handles in public places etc. Or at least not touch their face after touching other things.

Page 43 of 56 « First < 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top