Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2018, 10:14 AM

Re: slaughter free meat

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Beef, Pork, Lamb, (
Yes, mostly. They are bred for the butcher. Were it not so, they wouldn't be bred. That was my point.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2018, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
where the heck did you shop?
A local butcher shop that used to have access to 'Safari' meats. And Yes I've tried them all and love them. Most are very healthy too as there's little or no fat on them - just solid chunks of meat!!!
sarah kay
kent
sarah kay is female  sarah kay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2018, 07:53 PM

Quorn mince good with fried onions tomatoes and suitable sauce spag bog etci haven't ate meat or eggs most of my life but am anemic!?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2018, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by sarah kay ->
Quorn mince good with fried onions tomatoes and suitable sauce spag bog etci haven't ate meat or eggs most of my life but am anemic!?
Q.E.D. you're Anaemic because you lack the necessary vitamins and nourishment that meat could give you.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2018, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by sarah kay ->
Soya mince is nicer we think Sarah, have been veggie for many years, have only been anemic when I was going through the menopause, but I eat a lot of eggs and dark leafy veg and take a multivitamin with iron and calcium just to be sure.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2018, 06:20 PM

It would be nice if they also managed to produce milk without cows having their calves taken away and pumped full of hormones to keep producing more milk for us.
Lots of farm animals have been modified to produce more meat and less fat just to please us, their ancestors looked very different when they lived wild and free.
I think it's a good idea to find ways to help the environment by reducing the need for breeding so many farm animals.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2018, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
It would be nice if they also managed to produce milk without cows having their calves taken away and pumped full of hormones to keep producing more milk for us.
Lots of farm animals have been modified to produce more meat and less fat just to please us, their ancestors looked very different when they lived wild and free.
I think it's a good idea to find ways to help the environment by reducing the need for breeding so many farm animals.
Bad for the environment?

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top