Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2018, 06:53 AM

EastEnders Set ,27million pounds over budget.

I expect you will all be relieved to know that the licence fee is not being wasted.
https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-46521700
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2018, 07:35 AM

Re: EastEnders Set ,27million pounds over budget.

Trash like that is the reason (or one of them anyway) why I no longer have a TV. No point in paying a licence fee to keep the thing switched off!
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2018, 08:11 AM

Well I am still paying my £12.37 a month and that is so irritating when you look at the shows like Eastenders ,Corrie and Emmerdale that are still on the screen and are totally crap to watch these days.

There was a time when tv was good and there were interesting shows and movies on there, but gone are those days.

But we still have to pay that licence because we use radios and computers in our homes.

To put it politely "The bugger's have got us by the short and curly's."
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2018, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->

But we still have to pay that licence because we use radios and computers in our homes.

Yes I'd hear that too ... they refuse to believe you're not watching Eastenders on iPlayer.

I wonder how Silver Tabby pulled it off.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2018, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Well I am still paying my £12.37 a month and that is so irritating when you look at the shows like Eastenders ,Corrie and Emmerdale that are still on the screen and are totally crap to watch these days.

There was a time when tv was good and there were interesting shows and movies on there, but gone are those days.

Some of those shows are funded by adverts so your licence fee doesn't go to them. I still find the licence fee worth it because I love the radio shows radio 2 and 4 are great, surrey and sussex local stations again pretty good.

I imagine all the wildlife shows bbc make cost a bit too.

I do think they need to take care spending public money though and this over spend should be investigated and not allowed to happen again.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2018, 10:35 AM

ITV are independent and receive no revenue from the public they are totally reliant on advert revenue and their stupid phone in progs to make a profit example I A C G M O O H,

where as the BBC receive their funding from the public in the form of what some would say a tax on the public, The BBC really don't give a damn if any one watches their progs as long as they get their license fee, so really they can shovel you any old shit and do they care how many people watch do they ****
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2018, 12:11 PM

Worth every penny....NOT!!
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2018, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Trash like that is the reason (or one of them anyway) why I no longer have a TV. No point in paying a licence fee to keep the thing switched off!
Ooops ! Tabby, mind you don't get caught.. !

But if I go on to BBC Iplayer it always asks , if I'm a license payer, so maybe there is a choice now.

Just found this.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/utilities/tv-licence/
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2018, 01:46 PM

Apparently 'Lofty' and Mary the punk are set to return, so they need to spend the money on the set in order to entice such fine actors.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2018, 02:37 PM

I Googled Street View, but couldn't find where they are building it. That area is very built up with shops & industrial estates.

BTW I don't pay a license, I get mine free.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top