Join for free
Page 11 of 17 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 06:57 PM

Re: Mammogram

Originally Posted by Realist ->
But you're not interested in the discussion and debate, so why are you even reading ?!

Categorising such discussion as "arguing" is a classic symptom or those who simply don't understand the process of debate and exchange or ideas. No-one is arguing. People are throwing around data, facts and opinions, some are providing source links and irrefutable facts. The process is a good one. It helps everyone move forward, it enlightens us and leads to better more informed decision making. That's really important.

Not quite, but yes, quite possibly discussions and debates on such important topics are not for you until you learn to respect the processes involved and can contribute without persecuting the "messengers", the people who bring information but who aren't the creators/owners of that information.

Excellent.[/QUOTE]

On a final post to you, I would like to advise you that I belonged to a debating society in my last 2 years at school. In those days our emotions were very important to offering a good debate and we spoke from experience, knowledge and what we felt in our hearts.
If course, we couldn't look things up on the internet then, and use what other people had said...... but it was still a debate, just discussed with feeling, rather than need to show how much we had time to read other peoples ideas!

You have been very rude to some people on here, suggesting that they haven't researched enough so make the wrong decisions! When we debated from the heart, we wanted to discuss our differences & persuade them that our opinions may be right... but we were never rude! Maybe that was because we were prepared to listen and consider the other side of the debate..... after all if anybody has genuine proof that they are right, surely everybody in the world would accept it and debates would no longer take place.

Don't bother to reply, because I have no further time to listen to somebody who thinks he knows it all, just because he has found a company on the internet who say what he wants to believe. I can find plenty on the internet that will agree with my point of view, but I prefer to let people ask if they want my opinion because no decision is right for all.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
On a final post to you, I would like to advise you that I belonged to a debating society in my last 2 years at school.
Yep you already told us this in a previous thread where you persecuted me for providing information. I made comment on it back then.

after all if anybody has genuine proof that they are right, surely everybody in the world would accept it and debates would no longer take place.
This is so utterly naïve that it doesn't really deserve comment. The proof of the harms of Mammography are far and wide and irrefutable. That doesn't mean that the powerful medical industries who are making $billions from the treatments are going to roll over and stop doing it without tremendous fights.

I can find plenty on the internet that will agree with my point of view, but I prefer to let people ask if they want my opinion because no decision is right for all.
Which is kinda odd because not once, in any of these discussion threads, have you provided any source references to support any of your opinions and assertions. I therefore can't take your comments seriously.

Please put me on ignore. I've had my fill of your poor personal sleights and persecutions and "shooting the messenger" nonsense.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 07:29 PM

I'd like to suggest we lock the thread up at this point.

The data has been provided and people are free to read or ignore at their leisure.

It's clear there are some here who would prefer the data wasn't made available and others who, in the classic words of Jack Nicholson "can't handle the truth".

Hopefully there is enough information in this and other threads for women to make a more informed decision.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 07:32 PM

If you could perhaps just back off a bit the thread wouldn't need locking. It was suggested in the flu thread perhaps have a thread of your own to discuss options leaving those of us happy with our treatment to carry on.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

18-11-2018, 08:09 PM

This is an open forum Julie. The concept of having one's "own thread" is silly. An open forum allows anyone to comment and contribute as they please. Starting a thread doesn't give you control and ownership of what follows.

Those who are unhappy with people providing information that they don't like to hear are likely in the wrong place altogether. An open forum is perhaps not the place they should be. Some kind of "chat space" like MSN is perhaps more suitable. There you can whittle away the hours to your hearts content with anecdotal and emotional content without having to have the rest of the world make comment.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 08:17 PM

Perhaps you could stick to credible sources instead of alternative health news sites, alternative health business websites and personal blogs.

I repeat that I cannot see any official source on the net confirming that Switzerland has banned mammograms.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Perhaps you could stick to credible sources instead of alternative health news sites, alternative health business websites and personal blogs.

I repeat that I cannot see any official source on the net confirming that Switzerland has banned mammograms.
Depends what you call 'official' I suppose... certainly there's a lot of information out there.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ha...obile&ie=UTF-8

http://cyrcadiahealth.com/why-mammog...n-switzerland/

This paragraph worries me..Incredibly, despite these findings, the National Cancer Institute reports that some expert groups still recommend women with BRCA 1/2 mutation undergo a mammogram every year starting as young as age 25 (viii) – the exact scenario that the BMJ study found may double their breast cancer risk!

I wonder if thermography will be rolled out as a safe and reliable alternative in years to come?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
I'd like to suggest we lock the thread up at this point.

The data has been provided and people are free to read or ignore at their leisure.

It's clear there are some here who would prefer the data wasn't made available and others who, in the classic words of Jack Nicholson "can't handle the truth".

Hopefully there is enough information in this and other threads for women to make a more informed decision.

Typical of the arrogance I have seen throughout this thread.

You have taken over most of the last 11 pages of JULIE's thread, but now you dislike the criticism, you suggest her thread ought to be locked!

This short quote seems to fit the situation perfectly:

"Those with narcissistic personality disorder have an inflated self-importance, hypersensitivity to criticism and a sense of entitlement that compels them to persuade others to comply with their requests."

Sums it up to me.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

18-11-2018, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
You have taken over most of the last 11 pages of JULIE's thread,
Like I said just now, nobody owns a thread or has right to police control it. It is NOT Julie's thread. It is an open forum.

As I also said, perhaps this isn't the right place for some of you.

but now you dislike the criticism, you suggest her thread ought to be locked!
There's a difference between criticism and out and out persecution of those providing information. There's no new or meaningful information forthcoming in the thread at this point, only childish vitriol and immature ranting from the same tiny little clique of ladies and that's not healthy for the forum imo. Hence my suggestion to lock it up. Don't mind either way, it's up to Admin, their site, their rules.

This short quote seems to fit the situation perfectly:

"Those with narcissistic personality disorder have an inflated self-importance, hypersensitivity to criticism and a sense of entitlement that compels them to persuade others to comply with their requests."

Sums it up to me.
Plain persecution and insult. Childish. Water off a ducks's back to me I assure you.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Depends what you call 'official' I suppose... certainly there's a lot of information out there.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ha...obile&ie=UTF-8

http://cyrcadiahealth.com/why-mammog...n-switzerland/

This paragraph worries me..Incredibly, despite these findings, the National Cancer Institute reports that some expert groups still recommend women with BRCA 1/2 mutation undergo a mammogram every year starting as young as age 25 (viii) – the exact scenario that the BMJ study found may double their breast cancer risk!

I wonder if thermography will be rolled out as a safe and reliable alternative in years to come?
The cyrcadia site doesn't say it's being abolished. The company produce their own electronic Bra device to detect breast cancer but doesn't appear to be on sale yet.

I can't see any webpage that confirms that the recommendations have been put into force.

The Swiss Medical Board is an independent body and it appears this report was advisory. The article below (from the Swiss national broadcaster) reports that the "Swiss Cancer League" were "astonished" and that they criticised the lack of new data (the original study is said to be based on data from 1963 to 1991 with a study sample of 2,000 women)

https://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/breast-...grams/37866864

Page 11 of 17 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top