Join for free
Page 2 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 12:14 AM

Re: So this is where I stand

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Well, there will be trouble if it is and trouble if it isn't.
Therein lies the problem: we are a troublesome nation.

We pull in opposite directions regarding just about everything. It's what we do!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Therein lies the problem: we are a troublesome nation.

We pull in opposite directions regarding just about everything. It's what we do!
Exactly.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 12:29 AM

Very sensible and thoughtful post Barry. I just hope that they agree this deal so that we do not have to endure more painful uncertainty. This may not please many but at least it gives business reassurance.

I have downloaded the doc and plan to read it when I have more time. I have read the first bit where it says that Brits who have lived in EU countries for five years can stay there permanently provided they do not leave for more than five years. That will be reassuring for many retired Brits living in Spain. The same applies to EU citizens who have settled here.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 12:36 AM

I've just seen the document on Question Time, and it looks almost as big as the Concise Oxford English Dictionary!

Good luck to anyone who attempts to read it word for word, and if they don't there would be no real point in reading it anyway!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
I now believe that the deal negotiated by Mrs. May and her team is the best that we are able to get from the EU and we need to put our differences aside and start backing it
Nonsense. It's a fudge. A very predictable fudge. A proposition that doesn't take us out of EU control at all.
It should be rejected by all concerned.

because any of the alternatives such as no deal are just too awful to contemplate.
No that's just "Project Fear" doing it's work. A "No Deal" is actually the only way to get this done given that UK politics is infested with EU puppet politicians. I'm all for "No Deal", get us out, out totally and properly, no ifs or buts, out.

Let's face it, no two people wanted the same Brexit
Again nonsense. The notions of different BrExits are all propaganda that has been circulated ti instill doubt in the populous. We were asked if we wanted to leave the EU. Clear as day. The majority voted to Leave.

Therefore Leave we must.

On that basis ALL propositions which do not sever our ties with the EU are fraudulent and bogus.

and all of us had a different idea of what it would mean, but pragmatically we all must have realised that huge compromises would have to be made, and non of us would attain our ideal vision.
No. We may not have known what impact it would have to specific business and parts of the economy, but we ALL knew that we wanted to be rid of the EU. The message and choice was extemely clear. Stay or Leave the EU. We chose to Leave. Therefore Leave we must.

So let's come together now and stop fighting one another like rats in a sack, let's move forward behind the Prime Minister to get this deal through parliament
Codswallop. Our EU stooge politicians are NOT performing their duty. They are NOT doing what the populous commanded them to in the referendum. We MUST remove any and all politicians who refuse to support democracy and who attempt to scupper the results of the referendum.
If May won't do it, replace her with someone who will.

but also because it's the right thing to do.
It's not the right thing to do at all. It would be a complete betrayal of the referendum and would announce completely that democracy does not exist in this country. If that were to happen, anarchy would ensue very quickly (and rightly so). A revolution on a scale that has never been seen before in the UK would occur and conflict would go on for years. That prospect should be seen as the most dire outcome possible.

We must accept that UK politics is corrupt to its very core, that the 2 party political system is a total sham, a total illusion of democracy as ALL parties simply do the bidding of the unseen masters as the Tories are currently doing.

These freemasonic and Common Purpose stooges spent 40 years betraying the UK and moving it fraudulently into the EU by stealth and skulduggery. All part of their agenda for a one world goverment and currency.

They won't be allowing the UK to Leave the EU having put 40 years of effort in already. And that is precisely what we are seeing.

We are witnessing a total sideshow. A complete pantomine where May and Co dance to the tune of Juncker and just keep stalling and stalling. Meanwhile the internet and social media is absolutely now infested with EU stooge activists sowing the seeds of "second referendum" at every opportunity and doing their best to change people's minds.

All thoroughly undemocractic.

The populous MUST demand that our government satisfies the referendum decision. We MUST leave the EU. No fudges. No still in, no half in half out. We voted to come out and nothing short of that will do. It's not a difficult concept to understand. Out means out. Period.

A "No Deal" is really the only way forward. It needs to happen in order to end the pathetic social media propaganda nonsense and to end all the stupid Remainic nonsense once and for all.

Once peopel see we have left, and left totally, they will then get on with all the hard work to sort things out.

May must be replaced. Se is a Remainer and an EU stooge. She will never take us out of the EU. That was always going to be the case.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

16-11-2018, 12:59 AM

I agree with all of that, Realist.

On a slightly different tack, watching BBC's Question Time tonight, the 'panel' are becoming quite heated, to say nothing of the audience! One of the most entertaining ones for a long time.

The Conservative MP on QT tonight is suggesting that every MP should read May's 530 page document she has in front of her before deciding how to vote on the deal.

I wish someone would ask her two questions:
- Has she read it?
- How long did it take her?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 01:29 AM

I see that Merkel's mob are saying that there won't be a renegotiation on the current deal as that's what has been agreed to. Naturally IMO because it benefits them more.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 09:34 AM

Hi

A very good post Barry.

We need to leave with the minimum possible effects on industry and our standard of living.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 09:54 AM

Brexit: What does the draft withdrawal agreement reveal? - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46212838
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

16-11-2018, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Brexit: What does the draft withdrawal agreement reveal? - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46212838
Fishing
One policy area is excluded from these potential customs arrangements: fishing.

That's because the trade-off between access for UK fish produce to EU markets, and access for EU boats to UK waters, is too controversial. The draft agreement simply states that "the Union and the United Kingdom shall use their best endeavours to conclude and ratify" an agreement "on access to waters and fishing opportunities".

In other words, as well as remaining under their control, as well as paying them £40 billion for allowing us to remain under their control, please help yourselves to our fishing areas.

Many remainers are now saying that there are only two options: May's 'plan' or remaining in the EU.

Both are virtually the same.

May & Co. are still insisting that her 'plan' is a good deal for both sides. I beg to differ.

Where did the option of walking away go?

Page 2 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top