Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2018, 12:39 AM

A Christmas Appeal with a difference

Every year we have Save the Children and many other Charities asking for money around this time of year.

Then I saw this, and thought I'd post it because I really like the idea, and I hope some other animals lovers on here will too.

Channel 5. December 21st. 8 pm.
Have a look, see what you think.
I shall mark my calender.

http://www.channel5.com/helptheanimals/
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2018, 01:04 AM

Re: A Christmas Appeal with a difference

Love it. I won’t be able to view it but the idea is fabulous.
I can’t read the cruelty to donkeys thread but I do know cruelty to animals will always exist and bringing awareness to it is crucial. It should never happen. Ever!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2018, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Every year we have Save the Children and many other Charities asking for money around this time of year.

Then I saw this, and thought I'd post it because I really like the idea, and I hope some other animals lovers on here will too.

Channel 5. December 21st. 8 pm.
Have a look, see what you think.
I shall mark my calender.

http://www.channel5.com/helptheanimals/
What a wonderful idea, Mups. Thanks for the alert.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2018, 10:34 AM

Thanks mups might not watch as I get too upset but love the idea.

We've been making jumpers and blankets for our local small dog charity and the wildlife charity other side of guildford. Hedgehog naked but wearing a pink jumper last year was such a lovely sight.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2018, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
What a wonderful idea, Mups. Thanks for the alert.

Yes Tabs, that is what I thought.

It's is not only humans that can have awful lives, and other than dying, most animals have little chance of escaping their daily abuse.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2018, 10:58 AM

I think it is a brilliant idea and I'm sure it will do well. I'm not sure however that Mrs LD will be able to watch it because she will get too upset.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

20-11-2018, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I think it is a brilliant idea and I'm sure it will do well. I'm not sure however that Mrs LD will be able to watch it because she will get too upset.

I will get upset too, so I hope it is not too morbid, though I guess they need to get the point across as to what goes on in some unfortunate lives.

I hope it is well done though, and not just streams of adverts asking for money.
We'll just have to wait and see.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2018, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I will get upset too, so I hope it is not too morbid, though I guess they need to get the point across as to what goes on in some unfortunate lives.

I hope it is well done though, and not just streams of adverts asking for money.
We'll just have to wait and see.
It's always a dilemma in our house because Mrs LD would love to help every animal on the planet but she is soooooooooo sensitive towards them that she gets in a right state if she sees any cruelty or sad animals. Whenever one of those ads come on, we have to switch channels immediately.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2018, 01:12 AM

A very good idea. About time too.

I also wish that like, Pudsey and Red Nose Day, one of the TV channels would do a similar event for supporting our endangered wildlife, world wide. I'm sure it could be a huge success, and very rewarding.

In the meantime, Channel 5 looks to be getting the ball rolling. Great ! Thanks for letting us know, Mups.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2018, 01:18 AM

To many begging appeals on TV. Why can't any of them state how much is going into admin costs?
Also why don't the governments of these countries do more ? no they expect us to help them out.

Sorry but although there is a need there is also the need to teach people how to look after their animals better.

Have you seen the RSPCA head office? No? then take a look. It is in one of the most expensive parts of the country which is where most donations end up.

https://www.rspca.org.uk/whatwedo/whoweare/executives

Let alone their salaries

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top