Join for free
Page 10 of 10 « First < 8 9 10
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2018, 06:17 PM

Re: Are you afraid of what British life will be in the future?

Originally Posted by May ->
No,I'm not afraid of what Life here will be like in the future,Generations past survived 2 World wars,rationing,strikes,food shortages,the 3 day week,etc' etc'..The future Generations will also survive whatever Life throws at Them because They'll have to.
Except a nuclear war where we'll all be wiped out. Fireworks all over the world. Everybody is dead.
Then God will have to get out of his lazy bed and invent a new Adam and Eve to firstly do some spring cleaning and sweep up the ash.
Otherwise send the little green men with TV antennae down to us from Mars to get the farms up and running again and build some roads and bridges.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2018, 06:48 PM

Let the ants have a turn .
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2018, 07:02 PM

Sheesh!...depression seems to be rampaging through the Forum...I'm getting the hell out before it gets Me
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2018, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Sheesh!...depression seems to be rampaging through the Forum...I'm getting the hell out before it gets Me
Don't worry May, it's only a few scribbles on an internet forum - it can be switched off. Unlike in real life where the really heavy stuff is sent down on us with unbelievable wrath and fear.
Go make yourself a nice cuppa
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2018, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Except a nuclear war where we'll all be wiped out. Fireworks all over the world. Everybody is dead.
Then God will have to get out of his lazy bed and invent a new Adam and Eve to firstly do some spring cleaning and sweep up the ash.
Otherwise send the little green men with TV antennae down to us from Mars to get the farms up and running again and build some roads and bridges.
I think the new Adam and Eve will be woodlice.

After a few hundred million years they may evolve into new humans, then it will all begin again!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2018, 01:35 PM

I am actually with May (the member not Theresa!) on this one.

I remember in the 1970’s being in fear of there being a nuclear war. The Russians were a big threat to start a nuclear war then. Some people even made underground shelters in their gardens or converted their cloakrooms in their houses, even stockpiled tins of food but it never happened.

People cope, besides we are all in the same boat.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2018, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I remember in the 1970’s being in fear of there being a nuclear war. The Russians were a big threat to start a nuclear war then.
Fear is the primary weapon of the ruling elites Art. They use it in all walks of life to keep people in check, to make them behave in certain ways and to make people boost their wealth through the sale of products.

In politics they are using fear to try and prevent us leaving the EU.

In health they are using fear to make us buy products and have stupid treatments that we don't need.

In religion they use fear to make us believe we will go to hell for eternal torment if we don't conform

Same MO right across the board. People are very easily frightened and thus very easily subdued.

Some people even made underground shelters in their gardens or converted their cloakrooms in their houses, even stockpiled tins of food but it never happened.
Being prepared for ANY disaster is inherently sensible. Disaster can strike at any time for the simplest of reasons. Doesn't have to be nuclear war. A simple strike by lorry drivers will see most shops and supermarkets run dry in a matter of a few days. A terrorist attack on major roadways would have the same effect.

Water supplies could easily get cut off or contaminated leaving you in great peril.

Do you have a method of purifying dirty water to make it potable? If not you're going to struggle on day 2/3 of any disaster that takes out your water supply.

People actually don't cope. If you follow the stages of any world disaster be it earthquake, tsunami, famine etc you see the same problems. Lack of water kills people quickly, lack of food sees people looting, fighting and scavenging. Poor sanitation quickly leads to cholera and dysentery and other diseases.

Those that cope are those that foresaw the possibility of a disaster. Those that learned which foods can be stored for long periods of time, those that DID allocate an area of their home to storage, those that DID understand the importance of having a water solution and those that DID gather and create a store of key medications and/or who educated themselves on natural cures and treatments and had a good supply of everything maintained. Those are the people that will cope and who the ignorant dumbed down masses will run to and seek the benefit of in times of crisis.

There are also those who simply prepare with weapons. They are called the "Brass hoard". In disasters they simply set out with guns and murder their way to survival, taking food and water from those that have it.

All of this has been studied, documented and outlined for many many years.

The UK will undoubtedly suffer a catastrophe of some kind. Just a matter of time. Whether a terrorist attack or a major earthquake, or rise in sea levels that submerges the South and so on. It makes sense to have some preparations for yourself and loved ones.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2018, 11:58 PM

I am actually with May (the member not Theresa!) on this one.

I remember in the 1970’s being in fear of there being a nuclear war. The Russians were a big threat to start a nuclear war then. Some people even made underground shelters in their gardens or converted their cloakrooms in their houses, even stockpiled tins of food but it never happened.

People cope, besides we are all in the same boat.
My mind goes back to an earlier time namely the Cuban missile crises of the early sixties. I think Putin is more level headed than Khrushchev was but I am not sure about Trump.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2018, 02:20 AM

You will be delighted to know that I used to maintain the early warning system (WB400), and the communications system for one of the Regional Seats of Government (RSG - code named - Dumpy under Dover Castle) in those far off days.

Well, in the 60's anyway. 70s was more about the threat of terrorism (far worse than now)

Page 10 of 10 « First < 8 9 10

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top