Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2018, 04:17 PM

Re: Ticks

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Just took a tick off Elsie, I'm sure they are around a lot later this year. Are they still active where you are or are we just lucky

Don't you mean unlucky if you got a tick, Julie?
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2018, 04:38 PM

Best ones are from the vet bratti, I've never found over the counter ones very effective.
That’s where they are going anyway. I meant to get them in the summer and had forgotten. Thanks for the reminder.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2018, 04:55 PM

Just took a tick off Elsie, I'm sure they are around a lot later this year. Are they still active where you are or are we just lucky

They were very active here,a few yrs ago and fleas,..because of the problem I had,..they both take tablets every month and every three months for lung worm,prescribed by my vet,it costs around £24 a month,it comes as a package,booster every year,nails clipped,check up for both dogs every six moths.

Ps,a guy was in the vets a few weeks back,it cost him £60 for one tablet,he's on the same plan as me,but because his other dog ate the tablet,he had to pay up.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2018, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Don't you mean unlucky if you got a tick, Julie?
I was being a little sarcastic mups a couple of posts today turned me into a bit of a sarky sod for a minute or two sorry.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2018, 05:44 PM

I was being a little sarcastic mups a couple of posts today turned me into a bit of a sarky sod for a minute or two sorry.

Know the feeling.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2018, 12:26 AM

I always carry a pack of those Medi Freeze Skin Tag Remover sprays in my car to remove ticks. The are now the recommended way of removing ticks from animals or people, long nose tweezers are out of fashion because of the danger of squeezing the contents of the tick back into the wound.

Wart freezer spray does the same job.

Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2018, 06:04 AM

I’ve never had a tick myself but I like this idea Bruce. This is way better than your idea of soup. Just kidding. Sort of.
Anyway I had no idea this was available. My dog will appreciate it also.
Thanks.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2018, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
What do you use to treat them Rox? Is it a vaccine of some sort?
I use the big tubes of Frontline Bratti, the type you cut off the top and empty the tube into the back of the neck. Takes two of us, as I hold the hair away from the skin and Himself puts the stuff onto the bare bit of skin.
I also have a tic remover in the car as Dageus is always getting them on his nose area, and I can whip the thing off him as soon as I see it.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2018, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I use the big tubes of Frontline Bratti, the type you cut off the top and empty the tube into the back of the neck. Takes two of us, as I hold the hair away from the skin and Himself puts the stuff onto the bare bit of skin.
I also have a tic remover in the car as Dageus is always getting them on his nose area, and I can whip the thing off him as soon as I see it.
With two dogs we found that method too scary, they get all hyper having the stuff applied and grab at each other, as they aren't allowed to touch it while wet it became a bit of a you take one into that room I'll take the other in here. So we decided tablets were safer. You can crumble them into food no struggle at all.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

22-11-2018, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I always carry a pack of those Medi Freeze Skin Tag Remover sprays in my car to remove ticks. The are now the recommended way of removing ticks from animals or people, long nose tweezers are out of fashion because of the danger of squeezing the contents of the tick back into the wound.

Wart freezer spray does the same job.

Like that idea bruce, beats the tweezers we use I think.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top