Join for free
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2018, 02:10 AM

Sorry (?) folks, but she has to be admired!

Okay, I don't get very much involved in all this sh!te, but......this woman has done pretty well against the grain. Against her critics hasn't she?
Whether you like her or not or whatever party you vòte for....May has stuck her fvcking ground.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2018, 02:14 AM

Re: Sorry (?) folks, but she has to be admired!

I never get involved with the political threads as a rule Floydy, but got to say I agree with you on this one.

Whether others like it or not, she's got balls, I'll say that for her.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2018, 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I never get involved with the political threads as a rule Floydy, but got to say I agree with you on this one.

Whether others like it or not, she's got balls, I'll say that for her.
She has, Mups. Well said - She has balls. Lots of balls. I'm sorry but I have to keep posting this video every time somebody on here says 'she's got balls' it's because: She's got balls...
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2018, 07:56 AM

I agree Floydy and Mups.
I'm going to read the letter...

But is it balls? Or complete and utter obstinacy?

On the other hand isn't everything in life a compromise...unless you want to go mad!!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2018, 08:29 AM

I disagree. How could you admire anyone who has sold us down the river?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2018, 08:41 AM

I get the impression that she is getting stronger!
It seems that she has now learned that everybody else thinks they know better than her, or they are after her job, but she is the only one that said "Brexit means Brexit".....even though her personal view was to remain.
The public's vote was to Leave, and that is what she intends to do!

It is no use listening to idiots like Boris because he wouldn't have a hope of getting all that he wanted and Cameron, who offered this referendum, soon ran off when he didn't get the result he expected..... so demonstrated that he was lacking balls.

We need a strong PM that can make Brexit work. We may not like all the decisions but Mrs May needs to be given a chance. There are plenty telling us what she is doing wrong, yet none who can give a viable option for anything better

When our membership of the EU ends, I hope that everybody will make the effort to make it work. It won't be easy, but at least we will have control over our own country again......... yet I suspect that the Remainers will still be saying "It isn't our fault, we wanted to remain" every time something goes wrong.

I hope Mrs May will be a good leader who can teach the British people that we don't need the EU to hold our hand, in order to make money..... we just need people who are strong and brave enough to retain our sovereignty as they did in WW2.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2018, 10:17 AM

I believed this too until more recently she's clearly not strong but pigheaded and duplicitous doing exactly what she wants ignoring what she was sent to actually do.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2018, 10:56 AM

Mrs May has been as good as anyone else could have possibly been in such a situation and under such pressure from all sides. I doubt there are two people in the whole country that have the same expectation or desires from Brexit, and she has my utmost respect for trying to navigate the centre ground..

As far as I can see, the only possible result now from voting down this deal is complete political chaos resulting in a Marxist Corbyn government. Yes mistakes have been made, but this was a negotiation remember, and anyone who has ever thought that the promised land was just going to be a voting slip away clearly hasn't been around long. We need to be pragmatic now, accept that the deal isn't perfect for us (althougn it isn't perfect for the EU either) and move forward, trying to heal our divisions and rebuilding our national pride and confidence by overcoming this episode and becoming super successful as an independent country once again. OK it won't happen overnight but it's a starting point and I think we should take it, not only because it's the only deal we've got to work with, but because the choice between that and no deal resulting in Marxism is an absolute no brainer.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2018, 11:01 AM

If anyone thinks this is a middle ground I don't understand why we voted at all.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2018, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
If anyone thinks this is a middle ground I don't understand why we voted at all.
We voted because we demanded a vote and have been doing so for years. I still think it was right to vote and I still believe it was right to vote leave.

The EU is not the promised land, most of the Meditteranean countries are virtually bankrupt thanks to the introduction of the Euro, and with unemployment, particularly amongst the young being as high as 40%.

The EU is not a democratic organisation but a virtual dictatorship with all the power being centralised amongst an elite few and it will only get worse as it moves more and more towards the Federal supertate that is it's declared objective.

I don't want to be a part of that thanks very much so whatever the problems we have now, as far as I am concerned we are still better off out of it...

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top