Join for free
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2018, 12:42 PM

Re: Sorry (?) folks, but she has to be admired!

Originally Posted by Barry ->
We voted because we demanded a vote and have been doing so for years. I still think it was right to vote and I still believe it was right to vote leave.

The EU is not the promised land, most of the Meditteranean countries are virtually bankrupt thanks to the introduction of the Euro, and with unemployment, particularly amongst the young being as high as 40%.

The EU is not a democratic organisation but a virtual dictatorship with all the power being centralised amongst an elite few and it will only get worse as it moves more and more towards the Federal supertate that is it's declared objective.

I don't want to be a part of that thanks very much so whatever the problems we have now, as far as I am concerned we are still better off out of it...
I agree Barry! If anybody thought we would leave the EU, get everything we wanted & keep the money we paid to be a member, they were very naive.
The EU have made it difficult for us to leave, because if one country leaves & manages to secure a good economy.... how many others will want to do the same and destroy the EU's dream of them becoming the States of Europe?
Once we are no longer a member, we can start to take back control of our own country, but it may take a while, so walking out with no deal would cause problems that we may not be able to recover from.
Whether people voted to leave or remain, we should all be working together to make sure it works, rather than trying to prevent us leaving, in the hope that another referendum would get a different result! If that happened how could any other democratic country be able to trust or respect Britain again?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2018, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I agree Barry! If anybody thought we would leave the EU, get everything we wanted & keep the money we paid to be a member, they were very naive.
The EU have made it difficult for us to leave, because if one country leaves & manages to secure a good economy.... how many others will want to do the same and destroy the EU's dream of them becoming the States of Europe?
Once we are no longer a member, we can start to take back control of our own country, but it may take a while, so walking out with no deal would cause problems that we may not be able to recover from.
Whether people voted to leave or remain, we should all be working together to make sure it works, rather than trying to prevent us leaving, in the hope that another referendum would get a different result! If that happened how could any other democratic country be able to trust or respect Britain again?

I agree with the hi-lights too, Twink.
And much as some won't agree, I suspect half the bullying she gets at work is simply because she's a woman.
I don't care how controversial anyone thinks that it either.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2018, 12:56 PM

May is just another EU puppet stooge like all the rest. Don't get fooled by political rhetoric.

May is doing exactly what the EU tell her to do. The concept of EU negotiations is a myth. All that's happened is the EU have given her the script to trot out, the deal THEY want us to have which of course sees us remain in the EU.

May is not working for the people here. The referendum specifically asked if we wanted to STAY or LEAVE the EU.

The majority voted to LEAVE

Therefore any proposition or "deal" that does not see us Leave EU control is a fraudulent undemocratic sideshow.

Unfortunately that is what we are seeing. UK politics is in utter crisis as the referendum has called everyone's bluff and exposed our clever Dictatorship for what it is. The illusion they have peddled of democracy for so long is now crumbling before our eyes.

We voted to Leave, democratically, but they don't want us to leave and have no intention of letting us leave.

So all that is happening is they are conducting a sideshow to try and lessen the impact of that public realisation and the likely civil revolution that it will bring.

May like all the EU stooge politicians before her is a traitor.
She is not prepared to carry out the will of the majority in a democratic vote. She therefore has no place in UK politics and MUST now go.

She must be replaced with someone who WILL carry out the will of the majority.

Meanwhile her treasonous actions and delaying tactics will likely see us bust out of the EU with no deal. They hope no doubt that there will at that time be massive calls to stay in the EU and delay things further.

The whole thing is a total circus sideshow and a complete sham.

The EU stooge politicians are NOT working for the people. They are doing the bidding of their master dictators, the very people we want to get away from.

A tory Leadership challenge is inevitable

May knows it, she knows and accepts that it will happen and it was doubtless agreed a couple of years ago that it would happen. She is simply playing her part in the EU pantomime and that part is now coming to its end. So roll up the next EU stooge politician who will pick up the baton . . . .

How long are the British people going to fall for this crap and keep putting up with it?

We have to restore the British Constitution and put an end to all this Orwellian nonsense.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2018, 03:38 PM

Why don't you put yourself forward as an independent candidate Realist? You certainly believe you can change the country for the better.
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2018, 05:36 PM

All May's travails are of her own making. If she hadn't called the last general election, wrongly reading the tealeaves and coning a cropper, she would not be relying on the extremist DUP, she would not be in thrall to the Tories own Militant Tendancy, the ERG and we would probably be heading for a more beneficial brexit. It couldn't happen to a more repugnant, incompetent and deserving Tory leader. Say one thing for her, you can tell when she is lying - her lips move, both to make words and through that weird, tell-tale grimace she does with every lie.
There is nothing admirable about her record nor about the way she is perceived now - she behaves as only an empty vessel such as herself could behave and it is to the country's detriment that she will do everything within her limited power to cling on to what passes for power in the Tory party.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2018, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I disagree. How could you admire anyone who has sold us down the river?
I agree! She is no Maggie Thatcher that’s for sure
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2018, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Devo ->
All May's travails are of her own making. If she hadn't called the last general election, wrongly reading the tealeaves and coning a cropper, she would not be relying on the extremist DUP, she would not be in thrall to the Tories own Militant Tendancy, the ERG and we would probably be heading for a more beneficial brexit. It couldn't happen to a more repugnant, incompetent and deserving Tory leader. Say one thing for her, you can tell when she is lying - her lips move, both to make words and through that weird, tell-tale grimace she does with every lie.
There is nothing admirable about her record nor about the way she is perceived now - she behaves as only an empty vessel such as herself could behave and it is to the country's detriment that she will do everything within her limited power to cling on to what passes for power in the Tory party.
I think you should stop siting on the fence and tell us what you really think.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2018, 05:51 PM

We were actually sold down the river by the remainers who never accepted the outcome of the democratic vote, and particularly by the Labour party whose self serving attitude of opposed everything to do with the process in spite of most of their constituents wanting them to back it. If the country and the politicians (of all parties) had got behind Mrs May showing a united front, then I'm sure much more would have been achieved. Mrs. May did her damdest single handedly, as she was let down by virtually everyone else. All credit to her, I doubt anyone could have done any better with such opposition from every quarter.

However that's water under the bridge, it's my contention that if we want to leave then we need to grit our teeth and get behind the deal on the table. We cannot go on forever arguing about this we have to move on.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2018, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
We were actually sold down the river by the remainers who never accepted the outcome of the democratic vote, and particularly by the Labour party whose self serving attitude of opposed everything to do with the process in spite of most of their constituents wanting them to back it. If the country and the politicians (of all parties) had got behind Mrs May showing a united front, then I'm sure much more would have been achieved. Mrs. May did her damdest single handedly, as she was let down by virtually everyone else. All credit to her, I doubt anyone could have done any better with such opposition from every quarter.

However that's water under the bridge, it's my contention that if we want to leave then we need to grit our teeth and get behind the deal on the table. We cannot go on forever arguing about this we have to move on.
I agree Barry I think May has done her best under the circumstances.

I now fully appreciate that Barnier went into the 'negotiations' with a prearranged agenda and he was given a mandate by the other member states to carry through that agenda on their behalf and that was little room for movement whatever Mrs May or anyone negotiating for the UK might have suggested . Any changes to Barnier's agenda during months of negotiations will have been minor.

I am optimistic and think that if May can get the agreement through the Commons we could come out with a reasonable agreement after the implementation period ends .
By that time the dust will have settled and the other member states will be under no illusion that leaving the EU is easy so there should be less for the EU to 'prove'.

The problem is going to be getting the deal through Parliment. I hope any MP who impedes the EU withdrawal will remember that a large part of the country (excluding the big cities) voted to leave and this will be reflected when they vote in the next election.

The next couple of weeks should be interesting as May attempts to reach the voters in the hope of convincing them
that the agreement is our best option and they make their wishes known to their MPs.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2018, 10:22 PM

Hear hear!

I can't understand how anyone can admire her when she has given so much away.

Perhaps some people don't realise the consequences.

They soon will, if her bill passes through the Commons.

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top