Join for free
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2018, 10:30 PM

Re: Sorry (?) folks, but she has to be admired!

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
The public's vote was to Leave, and that is what she intends to do!
Really?

When our membership of the EU ends
You think it will? In how many decades?

we just need people who are strong and brave enough to retain our sovereignty as they did in WW2.
You really believe that we will?

I admire your optimism, but I'm afraid I can't share it.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2018, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
We voted because we demanded a vote and have been doing so for years. I still think it was right to vote and I still believe it was right to vote leave.

The EU is not the promised land, most of the Meditteranean countries are virtually bankrupt thanks to the introduction of the Euro, and with unemployment, particularly amongst the young being as high as 40%.

The EU is not a democratic organisation but a virtual dictatorship with all the power being centralised amongst an elite few and it will only get worse as it moves more and more towards the Federal supertate that is it's declared objective.

I don't want to be a part of that thanks very much so whatever the problems we have now, as far as I am concerned we are still better off out of it...
I completely agree.

Why are so many people who voted to leave the EU willing to accept a situation where we shall remain tied to that organisation for an unknown number of years with the distinct possibility of our losing, in time, whatever independence we may still have?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2018, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
We were actually sold down the river by the remainers who never accepted the outcome of the democratic vote, and particularly by the Labour party whose self serving attitude of opposed everything to do with the process in spite of most of their constituents wanting them to back it. If the country and the politicians (of all parties) had got behind Mrs May showing a united front, then I'm sure much more would have been achieved. Mrs. May did her damdest single handedly, as she was let down by virtually everyone else. All credit to her, I doubt anyone could have done any better with such opposition from every quarter.

However that's water under the bridge, it's my contention that if we want to leave then we need to grit our teeth and get behind the deal on the table. We cannot go on forever arguing about this we have to move on.

I agree Barry.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2018, 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I never get involved with the political threads as a rule Floydy, but got to say I agree with you on this one.

Whether others like it or not, she's got balls, I'll say that for her.
oeer - I'd like to see her balls?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2018, 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
oeer - I'd like to see her balls?

Rude boy, Gummy.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2018, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Really?

You think it will? In how many decades?

You really believe that we will?

I admire your optimism, but I'm afraid I can't share it.
Well we will just have to wait and see, unless we are forced to go for a "No deal"......& that will certainly assist in a "no confidence" vote, which will end in a second referendum.
There was never any intention to leave the EU, but if we don't accept this deal, there is a good chance that we never will!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2018, 09:04 AM

Well we will just have to wait and see, unless we are forced to go for a "No deal"......& that will certainly assist in a "no confidence" vote, which will end in a second referendum.
There was never any intention to leave the EU, but if we don't accept this deal, there is a good chance that we never will!
Hi

I could not agree more Twinks,some are so fixated they do not see the danger.

Corbyn is going to try and vote it down, get an Election.

His stated intent is to stay in the Single Market, which is the worst scenario.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

26-11-2018, 10:46 AM

No worries. Leave or not, the country's had it.

Look around you.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2018, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
No worries. Leave or not, the country's had it.

Look around you.

Unfortunately, you could be right JBR
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2018, 04:01 PM

It is the Modus Operandum of all ruling collectives to sow the seeds of doubt in its subordinates and to make them feel that change is impossible, that everything is a Fait Au Complet.

It is always a lie.

Change CAN come and be made to happen.

It takes courage from the people to stand up and be counted. To fight for what they believe is right and to stand against tyranny and dictatorship in all its ugly forms.

At the moment the people of the UK have called the bluff of our dictators and said "There is no real democracy here, your political system is a sham".

To prove it we have voted to Leave the EU.

They have no intention whatsoever of allowing us to leave and thereby will we prove that democracy IS an illusion here.

The dictators are worried. They see the inevitable end point of having had their bluff called.

Revolution

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top