Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2018, 08:18 AM

Re: New Windows 10 HP Laptop

Originally Posted by Pug ->
Well,there's your reason,AND your 'out', Lindy.
It's never worked smoothly-yet has NO bumps,NO links,NO dents-and a tiny scratch that's SO small, only a team of 'EXPERTS' could spot it.....therefore,it was SOLD faulty.
because by their OWN ADMISSION,when quickly inspected [if it ever was] for sale to you, that tiny scratch is TOO SMALL for a mere salesperson to notice! GOTTEM! WELL done,Lindy!
I wish...........but they'll bleat on about quality control blah blah..........

Try through I might a happy outcome for me is still unlikely and I'm still trying to find someone to put in a new hard drive.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2018, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
Bruce - What's Squeaky wheel? It's still a bit early for me here, so may be brain dead!
The squeaky wheel is the one that gets the oil Lindy, be a pest and keep at em'....

Failing that, find a local computer fixer to fit you a new hard drive, it's not that difficult to a Boff.....
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2018, 08:31 PM

I wish...........but they'll bleat on about quality control blah blah..........

Try through I might a happy outcome for me is still unlikely and I'm still trying to find someone to put in a new hard drive.

Yes-exactly, Lindy!

QUALITY CONTROL. The shop sold you a faulty machine because their quality control was NOT up to standard....because it took a TEAM of ''experts'',NOT to change a faulty HDD-which would have taken mere minutes and assured the customer & any interested parties were happy,but to search diligently for the world's tiniest crack,not noticeable by their common-or-garden sales staff, in order NOT to change that HDD...which to them, costs less than you'd pay to park in town!!! NO,Lindy...this is them desperately attempting to fend you off until you lose heart and give in. It's FAULTY...it's been faulty from DAY ONE.
The crack in the case had to be SEARCHED for, by backroom nerds who were TOLD by their shift supervisor NOT to replace anything they can possibly blame the client/customer for. Yet there are NO dents or grazes-so how did YOU manage a micro-split that only their 'experts' can find, without any other damage? Utter bull shine...and they know it.

...take a quick trip to Citizens Advice...I'll bet you discover this isn't the first case/ complaint about those particular vendors that the CAB have had...and sorted out.

Remember,at this time of year, adverse publicity of ANY sort is unwanted by such vendors...and being 'dissed' on social media AND having themselves investigated by the CAB,will really put a dampener on sales. No,Lindy-they are lying and you KNOW it...so don't give in, because they KNOW they're just trying it on. ""A crack in the case too small to see, caused the hard-drive to cease working''. WHAT???

I bet HP haven't been informed of this-and after all, it's THEIR product PC Conmen are selling. So if PCW're selling this item KNOWING a split in the casing too small to be seen can kill it, then HP REALLY ought to be informed! [expect your replacement laptop by Christmas]
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2018, 08:33 PM

Whats a 10 horsepower laptop?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2018, 11:00 AM

Bruce - What's Squeaky wheel? It's still a bit early for me here, so may be brain dead!
"The squeaky wheel gets the oil". ie make a noise if you want attention.

Edit: sorry, didn't see the above answer before I replied.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2018, 09:19 PM

Update..........computer collected from Curry's who suggest I call their repair centre and ask them to start a "Case File".......... The case on the right hand near corner has cracked - not very big but not hairline and apparently the hard drive lies somewhere under that!

In the meantime, I have found a very highly recommended young boffin who has taken a good luck and who has found a similar crack on the left hand side........ He says "there are four hidden screws to get the back off and the back doesn't come off that easily. Someone who isn't too careful could have quite easily caused the damage just getting the back off".
The only possible is the computer repair shop I took it to, who told me they hadn't tried to take the back off!
I'm having a brick through window moment.............

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top