Join for free
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2018, 02:00 PM

Re: Macron and Fisheries

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
MAC got it wrong they were proved wrong. So doesn't matter what they said they were wrong.

https://fullfact.org/immigration/immigration-wages/

the impact of immigration on wages depends on who you are, what kind of job you do and where you do it. It also might not be the same from year to year.

It is difficult to measure the overall effects of immigration on jobs definitively.

Studies*that have tried to do it in the UK have sometimes reached opposing conclusions about whether it increases or decreases wages overall but they tend to agree that immigration has a small impact on average wages of existing workers.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2018, 09:32 PM

MAC got it wrong they were proved wrong. So doesn't matter what they said they were wrong.
Probably pointless me asking this from you, but where is the proof you refer to?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2018, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
Probably pointless me asking this from you, but where is the proof you refer to?
I listen to the iain dale show on there he has many really good business representatives and economists. Can I prove whats been said only if you download the lbc app and listen to same shows I do. I do remember Blair agreed as did Brown.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2018, 09:49 PM

btw I don't usually correct spelling but at least get the Romanians spelled right or they might not want to work for you either.
Both o and u are used in english: http://www.orbilat.com/Languages/Rum..._Romanian.html
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2018, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Both o and u are used in english: http://www.orbilat.com/Languages/Rum..._Romanian.html
Used to be both o and u (in that order) when I was at school!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

28-11-2018, 09:53 PM

I listen to the iain dale show on there he has many really good business representatives and economists. Can I prove whats been said only if you download the lbc app and listen to same shows I do. I do remember Blair agreed as did Brown.
In the proces of writing the report, the committee asked for opinions on the draft. Both Blair and Brown expressed their opinion on several occasions. Their opinion is refuted by the research from the MAC. Read the introduction of the final report.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2018, 10:53 AM

Tell you what why not just come down here to the coal face and see how you do competing against young fit eastern Europeans who have swamped your industry. Who happily work with no health and safety rules and no holidays and cheaper than you can. Then see if you feel it has improved your life.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2018, 11:30 AM

Tell you what why not just come down here to the coal face and see how you do competing against young fit eastern Europeans who have swamped your industry. Who happily work with no health and safety rules and no holidays and cheaper than you can. Then see if you feel it has improved your life.

All what you say has nothing to do with the EU and more to do with the UK agencies not implementing the laws that are in place

Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974,
Working Time Directive (actually brought in under the enabling act HSAW)
The National Minimum Wage Act 1998

But then not much chance of you recognising this, is there?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

29-11-2018, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
All what you say has nothing to do with the EU and more to do with the UK agencies not implementing the laws that are in place

Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974,
Working Time Directive (actually brought in under the enabling act HSAW)
The National Minimum Wage Act 1998

But then not much chance of you recognising this, is there?
All those things rely on us reporting the problems in the first place mass immigration for financial gain the people don't care and they are leaving the people who actually play by the rules in a very vulnerable position.
itsme
Wigan UK

29-11-2018, 04:50 PM

All those things rely on us reporting the problems in the first place mass immigration for financial gain the people don't care and they are leaving the people who actually play by the rules in a very vulnerable position.
If you know for certain that these things are going on, then why don't you report it instead of being sat around winging and whining about immigrants.

Have you nothing to say about the companies who are making a killing on employing these people and causing YOU and hundreds of others problems with employment??? again nothing to do with the EU.
It also seems very strange to me that you said you where working a couple of days a week, and yet you are on this forum at all times virtually every day.

Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top