Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2018, 07:07 PM

I know it is turning cold when ...

... Willow starts to change colour!

Normally she is pale silvery grey and white - but - as soon as the temperature starts to fall her silver bits darken until they are almost black.

I have heard this happens with Siamese cats as well - their points go darker in cold weather.

Susie - does it happen with Coco?

Isn't nature strange?
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2018, 09:07 PM

Re: I know it is turning cold when ...

I think little Peaches was feeling the cold the other day.
I honestly found her like this on the sofa.
Then the other day I watched her do it on my bed with the eiderdown. She buries her head inside and then walks round and round till shes covered up.
I've come to learn more about these two dogs over the past few days. They have such funny things they do.

Sorry about the dark blotches on the photo but I broke the lens cover.

susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2018, 09:08 PM

Yes ST, Coco's normal colour is White and a very pale brown on her neck and dark brown ears and tail, but in the winter the pale bit around her neck goes darker.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2018, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Yes ST, Coco's normal colour is White and a very pale brown on her neck and dark brown ears and tail, but in the winter the pale bit around her neck goes darker.
Strange how that happpens in't it?

How is the sciatica now - any better?
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2018, 09:11 PM

Also when Coco got spayed, the Vet said to us that he could not cut her on her stomach like other Cats, but she has to be cut on her side otherwise she will changed colour and then she would not be recognised as a Ragdoll.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK

27-11-2018, 09:11 PM

No, i'm still in a lot of pain, from my Bum down the whole of my leg down to my toes, left side only.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

28-11-2018, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Also when Coco got spayed, the Vet said to us that he could not cut her on her stomach like other Cats, but she has to be cut on her side otherwise she will changed colour and then she would not be recognised as a Ragdoll.
It is odd how it happens with some cats and not others - it does not affect Nemo at all - but - one of my neighbours has two Siamese and their 'points' go really dark when it is cold. I am sure Mother Nature must have a good reason for it. Did your vet offer any explanation?
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2018, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
I think little Peaches was feeling the cold the other day.
I honestly found her like this on the sofa.
Then the other day I watched her do it on my bed with the eiderdown. She buries her head inside and then walks round and round till shes covered up.
I've come to learn more about these two dogs over the past few days. They have such funny things they do.

Sorry about the dark blotches on the photo but I broke the lens cover.

MC, that is one smart little dog, to be able to get all wrapped up like that. Animals are so smart, I just love them all........
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2018, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
... Willow starts to change colour!

Normally she is pale silvery grey and white - but - as soon as the temperature starts to fall her silver bits darken until they are almost black.

I have heard this happens with Siamese cats as well - their points go darker in cold weather.

Susie - does it happen with Coco?

Isn't nature strange?
Hi Silver, I have heard that happens with raggies...
Never known anyone with a Siamese tho. x
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK

29-11-2018, 03:27 PM

Well Siamese and Ragdolls have the same colour points, Coco looks like a Siamese but with long hair, same colour and a Ragdoll is half Siamese and half Burmese.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top