Join for free
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2018, 11:54 AM

Bloody typical !!!

The scumbag 'nasty party' have made a 'political decision to load their austerity cuts onto those least able to afford them.

(extract from the linked report) :

The decision to load austerity cuts excessively on to vulnerable groups contravenes the non-discrimination principles to which the UK is signed up under international human rights law, the report said. There was little evidence ministers had taken equality factors into account when taking tax and spending decisions.

The report Alston published earlier this month said the UK government had made a political choice to let what he called “punitive, mean-spirited, and often callous” austerity policies fall disproportionately on the poorest.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...gations-report
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2018, 12:33 PM

Re: Bloody typical !!!

Am I surprised ? not really. Tories have an ideology that will always try to heap worst cuts on the vulnerable, always take from the poorest. I hate you call them names but I do understand why when you look at what they do to the most needy in our country.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2018, 12:40 PM

ya either labor or conservative - there is a big divide!!
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2018, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
ya either labor or conservative - there is a big divide!!
I wish! There has been little to choose between Labour and Conservative in government over the past 25 years or so. Both are in thrall to the utter nonsense of the neo-liberal economic policies demanded by their paymasters, the corporate rich. Despite their verbal opposition to Tory government policies, I don't think Labour Governments have ever reversed anything once in power.

Maybe Corbyn will be different, but given his craven and unprincipled about turn on the EU (once he sniffed the possibility of power) I don't hold out a great deal of hope.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2018, 02:21 PM

T May is here in Glasgow today trying to shovel Her shit...fool!..Millions turned out in the wind & rain to welcome Her (joke)
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2018, 03:15 PM

Now you have surprised me May, I imagined you be front and centre cheering her on
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2018, 03:20 PM

I think it is disgraceful what has been happening over the years with austerity cuts for the vulnerable and those most in need. Something surely has to give, it cannot carry on this way making those who can least afford it do all the suffering whilst the have it all's take it in their stride.

Oh for a new political party reminiscent of the Labour party of the 40's and 50's when they really cared.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top