Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2018, 09:16 AM

What fun!

10 of us went out for a meal last night - and it was such a fun night. Although the restaurant didn't officially start it's Christmas celebrations until today (Dec 1st) the manager - who knows us well - gave us some crackers. The little gifts inside were brilliant - mine was a compass - always a useful thing to have.

The food was superb - complimentary warm crusty bread, butter, and olives while we read the menu. I opted for garlic mushrooms to start, followed by butterfly chicken with roast potatoes, tomatoes, broccoli, and a gently spiced pesto sauce. For pudding I chose Belgian waffles with strawberries, vanilla ice cream and salted caramel drizzle. Finished with a Seville coffee and chocolate mints.

Everyone enjoyed the evening and thought it was good value for our money. We had three bottles of wine, a couple had beers, and a couple (drivers) had colas - and it all cost us just £36 each.

The service was excellent - attentive without being intrusive.

And then I stole a Tiger!

He lives behind the bar - guarding the red wine - but, for some reason, the manager had lifted him down and put him on the bar. I love Tigers - could not resist the temptation - stole him and ran back to our table with him. He is a huge Tiger - needed an extra chair to himself - stole that as well!
The manager's face was a picture when he returned to the bar and realised his Tiger had gone.

Hasten to add - I did give him back - proof:-

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2018, 09:23 AM

Re: What fun!

Sounds like you had a great evening, Tabby. The meal sounds lovely.

That tiger is gorgeous, what a pity you couldn’t keep him
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2018, 09:39 AM

My sort of night tabs....glad it was fun
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2018, 01:24 PM

After reading your delightful account of the big night out, I feel as if I was there.

--- and mighty hungry too.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2018, 01:27 PM

Wow Tabbles what a feast! Glad you had a good time it sounds smashing...
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2018, 01:35 PM

I was drooling when I read what you ate.
Three bottles of wine! I’d be drunk! Lol
The tiger is adorable. Love your sparkly silver hair.
YOU really are a ‘silver’ Tabby trying to steal another silver tabby.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2018, 01:37 PM

Tabby what a great night you had!
You have beautiful hair ... judging by what we can see of you behind tigger there!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2018, 03:16 PM

Sounds like you had a great time Tabs.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2018, 03:22 PM

What fun Tabby.
I have a tiger just like that, my giraffe is even bigger.
You better ask Santa if you want a tiger.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2018, 07:29 PM

Silver, sounds like you had such a good time. I am also a tiger lover but a little girl came to visit and fell in love with it, so I had to give it to her, but I have my eye on another one when they go on sale.......

Thanks for sharing your wonderful night and who is the handsome guy with the tiger? Your husband or the owner?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top