Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2018, 11:45 PM

Re: Hilary Benn amendment not to allow No Deal

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Brexit turning into a flop.
He managed to get a referendum on leaving that vast carbuncle and the misuse of the result is not down to him, it's down to those who choose to ignore a democratic decision.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2018, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
I disagree........if the deal is rejected we should leave without a deal then crack on.

Just because you're a wimp and frightened of your own shadow ( figuratively speaking, of course) isn't a reason to deny Brexit.

I agree that no deal isn't ideal but neither is it something to be scared of. Much of our world trade is dealt with on WTO rules.

We can choose not to impose tariffs ( seeing as tariffs are only helpful to developing countries /industries) and you'll find we will be inundated with countries coming at us for deals.
Leaving without a deal is extremely reckless behaviour. We do not expect our government to go down that road. Most of the ministers in the house of commons do not want that option and see it for what it is. We do not have the skills to manage such a scenario. It's hard enough for the government to manage the country as it stands. Not enough police, a creaking NHS etc. No deal would take us into semi wartime conditions with the need to stockpile medicines and have emergency measures in place. Anyone who thinks that is scaremongering is a fool.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2018, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
He managed to get a referendum on leaving that vast carbuncle and the misuse of the result is not down to him, it's down to those who choose to ignore a democratic decision.
Yeah he and teflon Dave. They must pat each other on the back at their success.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2018, 11:48 PM

No deal would take us into semi wartime conditions with the need to stockpile medicines and have emergency measures in place. Anyone who thinks that is scaremongering is a fool.
It IS scaremongering and total Project Fear propaganda.

It was raised on a BBC4 interview last week and was totally ridiculed and debunked.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2018, 11:50 PM

I disagree........if the deal is rejected we should leave without a deal then crack on.

Just because you're a wimp and frightened of your own shadow ( figuratively speaking, of course) isn't a reason to deny Brexit.

I agree that no deal isn't ideal but neither is it something to be scared of. Much of our world trade is dealt with on WTO rules.

We can choose not to impose tariffs ( seeing as tariffs are only helpful to developing countries /industries) and you'll find we will be inundated with countries coming at us for deals.
I am starting to wonder why those simple people in the house of commons do not bow for the superior knowledge you display on this forum. Your opinion should bring you fame everlasting, instead of all the critic on this forum. You seem to suffer from a common problem:
That you have an opinion is a fact, but that doesn't make a fact of your opinion.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

04-12-2018, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
It IS scaremongering and total Project Fear propaganda.

It was raised on a BBC4 interview last week and was totally ridiculed and debunked.
Project fear was never about leaving without a deal. All the stuff I was saying at the time has come true. We have a shambles which is what I predicted. Never in a million years did I think the government would be thinking of leaving with no deal. Sheer madness and would send us down a creek without a paddle. Not something I expect them to do. Common sense will prevail.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2018, 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
He's left because of the direction UKIP is taking, it appears to be getting more and more right wing and anti-Islam. It's not the party he created to get us out of the EU anymore.
He even made the dutch late nite news. His official reason was stated (too much into islam, turning far right wing). As officious reason was named a possible fear to be dragged down with the collapsing brexit.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2018, 01:11 AM

Hi

If we reduce Tariffs why should anyone want a Trade Deal with us?

They have no need to reduce their Tariffs.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2018, 08:28 AM

Leaving without a deal is extremely reckless behaviour. We do not expect our government to go down that road. Most of the ministers in the house of commons do not want that option and see it for what it is. We do not have the skills to manage such a scenario. It's hard enough for the government to manage the country as it stands. Not enough police, a creaking NHS etc. No deal would take us into semi wartime conditions with the need to stockpile medicines and have emergency measures in place. Anyone who thinks that is scaremongering is a fool.
Anyone who believes that project fear claptrap is a fool.

The Govt is managing the country exactly the way it intends the 'creaking' NHS is well funded but poorly run from within , not without.
The police aren't fit for purpose but, again, the police is only really here to protect the elite and their assets , not to babysit the hoi polloi.

As for your 'emergency measures'......All Govt's have contingency plans for difficult situations. Most of the time you are ignorant as to what they are.

Brexit has forced us all to grow up a bit and look at life through clear, not rose tinted glasses.

That should ultimately be beneficial and I hope life is REALLY hard for a few years.
We need to reset our parameters as a nation so that the comfy, entitled, middle classes stop snaffling all the benefits of our nations' endeavours for themselves and their offspring and there is a more benevolent redistribution of the nations' wealth and opportunity throughout all stratas of society.

Brexit is just the start.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2018, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

If we reduce Tariffs why should anyone want a Trade Deal with us?

They have no need to reduce their Tariffs.

There will many other benefits of having a deal that is far more than just trade, but could be wrapped up in a trade deal........You should know that

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top