Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2018, 09:05 AM

Re: Hilary Benn amendment not to allow No Deal

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
That should ultimately be beneficial and I hope life is REALLY hard for a few years.

You say things like this and you call others foolish. Many people are already having a really hard life. Spreading that wider is a ridiculous idea.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2018, 09:30 AM

There will many other benefits of having a deal that is far more than just trade, but could be wrapped up in a trade deal........You should know that

Hi

You have not answered the question.

If we reduce Tariffs unilaterally why on earth would anyone else reduce theirs if they did not have to?

Our Exporters then pay Tariffs, theirs do not.

That puts the UK at a competitive disadvantage.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2018, 09:32 AM

Anyone who believes that project fear claptrap is a fool.

The Govt is managing the country exactly the way it intends the 'creaking' NHS is well funded but poorly run from within , not without.
The police aren't fit for purpose but, again, the police is only really here to protect the elite and their assets , not to babysit the hoi polloi.

As for your 'emergency measures'......All Govt's have contingency plans for difficult situations. Most of the time you are ignorant as to what they are.

Brexit has forced us all to grow up a bit and look at life through clear, not rose tinted glasses.

That should ultimately be beneficial and I hope life is REALLY hard for a few years.
We need to reset our parameters as a nation so that the comfy, entitled, middle classes stop snaffling all the benefits of our nations' endeavours for themselves and their offspring and there is a more benevolent redistribution of the nations' wealth and opportunity throughout all stratas of society.

Brexit is just the start.
Hi

I don't know anyone, apart from you, who voted Brexit to deliberately make life worse.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2018, 09:42 AM

The middle classes are the ones who pay most taxes .
They aren't weathly enough to avoid them .
Many also had a work ethic of graft that got them there in the first place.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2018, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Leaving without a deal is extremely reckless behaviour. We do not expect our government to go down that road. Most of the ministers in the house of commons do not want that option and see it for what it is. We do not have the skills to manage such a scenario. It's hard enough for the government to manage the country as it stands. Not enough police, a creaking NHS etc. No deal would take us into semi wartime conditions with the need to stockpile medicines and have emergency measures in place. Anyone who thinks that is scaremongering is a fool.
I think that the use of the term "No Deal" is the right negotiating position.

Opposition, like the EU, will know how hard to push, to get what they want, and they will walk right over you if they see that you are not willing to "Shoot the pot".

They won't want "No Deal" either but taking it off the table really only puts the EU more into the power position.

Sad thing is that, since the government rightly decided to ask what the public wanted, there has been little more than scant acknowledgement of the result.

That will, certainly (in my opinion) means that this Tory Government is gone, possibly for a very long time.

Still, we all learn by our mistakes and I still say I will never again vote Tory whilst we are still under the EU.

Note: Seven voters, in my family, all say the same. Not the best sample size but an interesting indicator.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2018, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
I think that the use of the term "No Deal" is the right negotiating position.

Opposition, like the EU, will know how hard to push, to get what they want, and they will walk right over you if they see that you are not willing to "Shoot the pot".

They won't want "No Deal" either but taking it off the table really only puts the EU more into the power position.

Sad thing is that, since the government rightly decided to ask what the public wanted, there has been little more than scant acknowledgement of the result.

That will, certainly (in my opinion) means that this Tory Government is gone, possibly for a very long time.

Still, we all learn by our mistakes and I still say I will never again vote Tory whilst we are still under the EU.

Note: Seven voters, in my family, all say the same. Not the best sample size but an interesting indicator.
You cannot blame the EU for protecting their own interests. They are after all on the other side of the negotiating table.

I think that the Government has bent over backwards to try to give people what they voted for. Considering they had no blueprint their work has been cut out.

As to the Tories, I have never had much time for them, but the opposition will send us down the toilet with the policies they propose. It's a perfect storm.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2018, 10:36 AM

If we left with no deal I truly believe they would find a way to negotiate a deal pretty damned quick that was good for them and us.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

05-12-2018, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
If we left with no deal I truly believe they would find a way to negotiate a deal pretty damned quick that was good for them and us.
Hi

We have been offered a Deal, same one as Canada, Japan and South Korea accepted.

We turned it down.

The EU will not be offering us a better deal, simply because there are trigger clauses in those deals which mean that anything we get more they will have to give to the others.

This is not going to happen.

A No Deal means 40% of our exports are affected, but only 13% of EU Exports.

They are a much bigger economy than we are, so the effect on us is more than on them.

The World is not going to end next March if we leave with No Deal, but it is going to hurt for a time.

How much it hurts is totally out of our control, it depends on the International Money Markets and the Foreign Companies who own much of our Manufacturing and Infrastructure.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2018, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

We have been offered a Deal, same one as Canada, Japan and South Korea accepted.

We turned it down.

The EU will not be offering us a better deal, simply because there are trigger clauses in those deals which mean that anything we get more they will have to give to the others.

This is not going to happen.

They are a much bigger economy than we are, so the effect on us is more than on them.

The World is not going to end next March if we leave with No Deal, but it is going to hurt for a time.

How much it hurts is totally out of our control, it depends on the International Money Markets and the Foreign Companies who own much of our Manufacturing and Infrastructure.
Then Tories and TM are working against our interests. And I don't fancy our chances of getting labour to do what we voted for either. Not sure what that leaves us with as an option.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2018, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->

That's just products Swim is it not?

You have for months highlighted that the UK is mainly a service provider.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top