Join for free
Page 21 of 22 « First < 11 19 20 21 22 >
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2018, 01:21 PM

Re: Nigel Farage

Dyson moved his manufacturing to Singapore because he wanted to be close to his largest market, which is China. He could have manufactured in China itself but productivity is nowhere near as good as Singapore and Singapore workers are well educated and speak good English etc. Singapore also has an FTA with the EU which helps but his head office remains here in the UK and he pays his taxes here.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2018, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I think thats what everyone does .
Starving children in the Yemen are far more appealing than down and outs in Birmingham .

I think Prince Charles could take a lead here instead of poncy retro villages like Poundland why doesn't he build some social housing using his many millions .
Where he leads some other weathly people may follow .
There are many housing projects in Tetbury -where he has his country estate but they are all super expensive.
I don't know where social housing goes .
They may have a couple of so called affordable homes stuck inbetween the others somewhere .

Perhaps there could be some tax incentives .
Build 10 houses for social means and gift them to the local government in lieu of taxes.
But then local government no doubt prefers the dosh .
Again I find myself agreeing with you muddy, and if they stop calling it affordable and start calling it council housing or social housing would help, because I've yet to see any affordable housing anyone on nmw could afford to rent or buy.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2018, 01:23 PM

He is a patriot actually and is quite civically minded.
He has recently opened a university of engineering in the area .
He has an electric car in the pipe works .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2018, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Dyson moved his manufacturing to Singapore because he wanted to be close to his largest market, which is China. He could have manufactured in China itself but productivity is nowhere near as good as Singapore and Singapore workers are well educated and speak good English etc. Singapore also has an FTA with the EU which helps but his head office remains here in the UK and he pays his taxes here.

He didn't move them to Singapore but to Johor in Malaysia .
Although I understand he intends to make his electric car in Singapore .
His research facility is still in Malmesbury and he still employs a lot of people .
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2018, 01:31 PM

He is a patriot actually and is quite civically minded.
He has recently opened a university of engineering in the area .
And he wants to bring over lots of students from around the world. He is very much against the restrictions on overseas students and workers.

Why isn't he after British talent if he is so patriotic?

He's a businessman end of.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

11-12-2018, 01:34 PM

Annie when you need to put 'end of 'at the end of a sentence you have lost your argument .
It's so ill mannered .
Go and have a cup of tea dear
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2018, 01:38 PM

Annie when you need to put 'end of 'at the end of a sentence you have lost your argument .
It's so ill mannered .
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2018, 01:42 PM

It's so ill mannered .
On the contrary a rude response such as this from you means that i have clearly won the debate. Unless you have a counter to my comment?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2018, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
And he wants to bring over lots of students from around the world. He is very much against the restrictions on overseas students and workers.

Why isn't he after British talent if he is so patriotic?

He's a businessman end of.
He is a business man and a patriot and he wants to help others in other countries too. It's a hard road to plow to do it all to everyone's standard, he will fail by someone no matter how he acts.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2018, 02:27 PM

I'm afraid that Annie mustn't be able to read too well.

Her accusation of him not being patriotic by not employing British people shows that she is apparently unaware of the fact that he employs many Brits at his British HQ. Many of these are highly qualified design experts, which is why he leads the market in high tech vacuum cleaners and other products.

Our forte, as Brits, is in these high technology areas and not minimally qualified people assembling his products at much lower cost.

It's no good crying the poor tale about foreign workers being taken advantage of, either. The money they are paid is, to them, very generous and if he chose not to employ them they would quite likely suffer deprivations.

Page 21 of 22 « First < 11 19 20 21 22 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top