Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2018, 09:30 AM

No Deal

Hi

I voted leave, my choice, my decision.

I did not vote for utter stupidity.

A No Deal will hurt, really hurt, I have no wish, intention or desire to inflict further Austerity on people.

A No Deal will not affect me, in fact I could make a mint out of it.

I have my EU Certificates for Foodstuffs and Slaughter .

In reality, that is £3500 a day to me.

I will not claim a penny other than expenses.

I genuinely believe we should leave.

These people are friends, hard workers.

If however Corbyn gets in, I will be off like a shot.

I will move to Poland, where I already have an agreement for no Dual Taxation.

Both Germany and France have offered me better deals.

I will not be moving there.

Julie, you can Tax the rich till the pips squeak, they will just disappear.

I am not rich, but I will not give a penny to Corbyn.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2018, 09:38 AM

Re: No Deal

We voted out, tbh I don't care how as long as that happens because any other option is just going to damage our democracy more than it already is and may cause violence on our streets. People including you have used terms like crashing out and dropping off a cliff when the only proper term is leaving.

If I had any faith left in our government I would say they would be prepared for it but sadly I have none so yes it might have a worse effect than it needed to if they had.

I was reading about how many companies have prepared and was shocked hardly any have, talk about bad management we seem to be adrift on a sea of them.

Any government does allow things to go too wrong will never be electable again so hold onto your hat we might get jeremy in after dust has settled after all.
weedeek
Dumfries, Scotland
weedeek is male  weedeek has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2018, 10:29 AM

There’s a new plll up here that says 59% would vote for independence rather than stay on the U.K. after a hard Brexit. Personally I think the only poll that counts is the one where voters are in the voting booth but I suspect this poll won’t get much coverage down there. Perhaps hard Brexiteers should be carefull what they wish for.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2018, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by weedeek ->
There’s a new plll up here that says 59% would vote for independence rather than stay on the U.K. after a hard Brexit. Personally I think the only poll that counts is the one where voters are in the voting booth but I suspect this poll won’t get much coverage down there. Perhaps hard Brexiteers should be carefull what they wish for.
All polls before referendum said we'd vote stay so I tend to not take a blind bit of notice. I want Scotland to do what ever your majority wants, I do however think you need to be careful what you are being promised. Brexit was promised it's proved to be a hollow one, caused so much nastiness, don't let Scotland do that that. Also make sure EU wants you, when it was mooted a while ago Scotland wanted to remain in EU alone EU weren't exactly making welcoming noises, if anything they were quite dismissive.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2018, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
We voted out, tbh I don't care how as long as that happens because any other option is just going to damage our democracy more than it already is and may cause violence on our streets. People including you have used terms like crashing out and dropping off a cliff when the only proper term is leaving.

If I had any faith left in our government I would say they would be prepared for it but sadly I have none so yes it might have a worse effect than it needed to if they had.

I was reading about how many companies have prepared and was shocked hardly any have, talk about bad management we seem to be adrift on a sea of them.

Any government does allow things to go too wrong will never be electable again so hold onto your hat we might get jeremy in after dust has settled after all.

Hi

We may well get Jeremy in.

We would then end up with strikes to allow them to support injustices abroad.

A complete disaster for workers here.

A No Deal means austerity for years, much worse than we have now.

I simply cannot see why you are voting for your own demise.

Nobody is going to be lending us money if Corbyn gets in.

You are voting for your own demise.

Grace will not be going to Private school.

Corbyn is going to abolish them.

You will not be driving your 4x4, he is going to tax them out of existence.

I am not one of the very rich, my Pensions amount to slightly over £30,000 a year after Tax.

That is because I have been seriously injured in my job.

If Corbyn gets in I am out of here.

So are many other Enforcement Officers, retired and serving.

We simply do not trust the man and his backers.

Destroy your life and your families by all means.

Just do not blame others for your decision.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2018, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

We may well get Jeremy in.

We would then end up with strikes to allow them to support injustices abroad.

A complete disaster for workers here.

A No Deal means austerity for years, much worse than we have now.

I simply cannot see why you are voting for your own demise.

Nobody is going to be lending us money if Corbyn gets in.

You are voting for your own demise.

Grace will not be going to Private school.

Corbyn is going to abolish them.

You will not be driving your 4x4, he is going to tax them out of existence.

I am not one of the very rich, my Pensions amount to slightly over £30,000 a year after Tax.

That is because I have been seriously injured in my job.

If Corbyn gets in I am out of here.

So are many other Enforcement Officers, retired and serving.

We simply do not trust the man and his backers.

Destroy your life and your families by all means.

Just do not blame others for your decision.

Bye !!!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

09-12-2018, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Bye !!!
Hi

I would not expect any thing else from a terrorist supporting Communist like yourself.

I have picked up too many body parts of innocent women and kids to allow it to happen again.

Next time round you will be up against the those who will fight to protect the innocent.

You and your ilk will lose.

We will simply not allow it to happen.

Enough is enough, terrorism has no place in Society, it needs to be dealt with.

Peaceful protests yes, bombs no.

I abhor violence, the Omagh Bombing and the recent Manchester Bombing targeting kids are so wrong that I would respond in kind.

I am good at my job.

Be careful what you wish for, you will lose.
weedeek
Dumfries, Scotland
weedeek is male  weedeek has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2018, 12:00 PM

I used to be a member of the Labour Party and well remember the conflict and damage done by Militant.When I see and hear Momentum I see and hear a digital age Militant I’m afraid. Corbyn does not understand Scotland nor seems to care tbh. Be that as it may, when I think of Corbyn, all I can see is the likes of McDonell, McCluskie, Abbott and Livingston looking over his shoulder. The English shires just won’t have them so I wonder about the Labour Party’s wish for a General Election. Corbyn and his allies are opposed to the EU on ideological grounds and should just come out and say it rather than the woolly stance they espouse at the moment. Thank goodness I have an alternative up here.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2018, 12:08 PM

Labour would not win a general election, too many people think they are too posh to vote for them.
weedeek
Dumfries, Scotland

09-12-2018, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
All polls before referendum said we'd vote stay so I tend to not take a blind bit of notice. I want Scotland to do what ever your majority wants, I do however think you need to be careful what you are being promised. Brexit was promised it's proved to be a hollow one, caused so much nastiness, don't let Scotland do that that. Also make sure EU wants you, when it was mooted a while ago Scotland wanted to remain in EU alone EU weren't exactly making welcoming noises, if anything they were quite dismissive.
Obviously I’m a remainer and I’ve heard encouraging noises from the EU too, but I’m savvy enough to not take anything politicians say as gospel. Having said that, what you say is reasonable, respectful and thoughtful and I admire that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top