Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2018, 12:24 PM

Re: How others see us.

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I don't think we are 'a joke' at all, tell that to the many countries including Russia who don't have the freedom to make their wishes known and to vote out their governments as we do.

Ok things may look like a shambles at the moment but at least it is a public shambles and not hidden away by a dictatorship.
That's a good point meg.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2018, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I don't think we are 'a joke' at all, tell that to the many countries including Russia who don't have the freedom to make their wishes known and to vote out their governments as we do.

Ok things may look like a shambles at the moment but at least it is a public shambles and not hidden away by a dictatorship.

Whilst I agree with you about Russia and some other dictatorships Meg, with respect, this is not the issue - you are not comparing like for like. We are not a dictatorship and for that and our freedoms I give thanks. It doesn't stop us from looking like idiots though IMO.

I am not sure that some things are not hidden Meg. I am certain there is much going on in the background and some of it the politicians don't want us to know. All I can think is that there is some strategy to all this current debacle, although if everything is actually out in the open all I can assume is there is no strategy and Bruce is right when he says "we can't organise a piss up in a brewery".
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2018, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I think after today we certainly are an international joke Bruce. Mind you, if we get ourselves in much more of a tangle then I can see us abandoning the idea of Brexit to help prevent strangling ourselves.

It's true, I am afraid, we couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery at the moment. As you will gather I am fed up with the whole circus that has become Brexit and I am sure I am not the only one. Our politicians don't deserve to be paid in washers. All they are interested in is their own fat backsides and furthering their own perceived positions. We are now in the situation where it looks as if we could well have a new prime minister. I don't see us going anywhere soon with Brexit. Might as well rub it out and either leave well alone (my choice) or start all over again. However, IMO the damage has already been done to any credibility we might have had in Europe and the rest of the world. Sad.
Well said, that is exactly my stance. The lemmings have already ruined the country.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2018, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I am not sure that some things are not hidden Meg. I am certain there is much going on in the background and some of it the politicians don't want us to know. All I can think is that there is some strategy to all this current debacle, although if everything is actually out in the open all I can assume is there is no strategy and Bruce is right when he says "we can't organise a piss up in a brewery".
Could it be that the present vote as it seems will result in a victory for May, results in a tory leader that can not be challenged for a year?
Only a general election will be able to stop her after this vote.
May is the best strategist the UK presently has, is what I have said before.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top