Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 01:09 PM

Re: David Davis Tweets

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Aside, from EU citizens here, who I hope will be treated with compassion by the Government, some very vulnerable Brits who have retired abroad could really suffer if countries there withdraw healthcare or rights.
That I'm afraid is always a risk of going to live in another country and a risk that all who engage in that process have accepted.

Look what happened to Brits building houses in Spain ! The Spanish authorities rules there was no planning permission and took the land back leaving Brits stranded and out of pocket.

Some people with money in offshore banks had money simply removed from their account with no redress whatsoever, the banks just helped themselves to it.

How about white people owning land in Africa? The risks associated with that are now coming home to roost. They are being kicked out, murdered, eliminated.

You pays yer money and you takes yer chance

The grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence.

Some good friends of mine naffed off to go and live in Canada a few years ago. After 3 years they had to come back and now they live in a much smaller property.

Another friend decided she was going to move to Greece, open a business there and live the idyllic Mediterranean lifestyle. Lasted 1 year before she had to come back.

In the end you have to live and abide by the laws and rules of the country you choose to go and live in. If you're a Brit who chooses to go off and live somewhere else then good luck to you, grab the dice and roll them and take your chances. There are no guarantees and never were.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 05:53 PM

Re: David Davis Tweets

Originally Posted by Realist ->
That I'm afraid is always a risk of going to live in another country and a risk that all who engage in that process have accepted.

Look what happened to Brits building houses in Spain ! The Spanish authorities rules there was no planning permission and took the land back leaving Brits stranded and out of pocket.

Some people with money in offshore banks had money simply removed from their account with no redress whatsoever, the banks just helped themselves to it.

How about white people owning land in Africa? The risks associated with that are now coming home to roost. They are being kicked out, murdered, eliminated.

You pays yer money and you takes yer chance

The grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence.

Some good friends of mine naffed off to go and live in Canada a few years ago. After 3 years they had to come back and now they live in a much smaller property.

Another friend decided she was going to move to Greece, open a business there and live the idyllic Mediterranean lifestyle. Lasted 1 year before she had to come back.

In the end you have to live and abide by the laws and rules of the country you choose to go and live in. If you're a Brit who chooses to go off and live somewhere else then good luck to you, grab the dice and roll them and take your chances. There are no guarantees and never were.
What complete and utter waffle, none of that is relevant to the point in discussion.

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top