Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
dereklcg
New Member!
redditch uk
dereklcg is male 

29-09-2010, 01:29 PM

Re: Holidays 2010

WE,RE OFF TO SCARBOROUGH ON THE 16TH OCTOBER.
THERE'S A WAR WEEKEND IN PICKERING THAT WEEK END,ON THE NORTH YORKS RAILWAY,WE,RE UP THERE WITH FRIENDS IN OUR CARAVAN HOPE THE WEATHERS GOOD TO US..
BEST WISHES TO ALL ON THERE TRAVELS BRRR.
REGARDS DEREK
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2010, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by dereklcg ->
WE,RE OFF TO SCARBOROUGH ON THE 16TH OCTOBER.
THERE'S A WAR WEEKEND IN PICKERING THAT WEEK END,ON THE NORTH YORKS RAILWAY,WE,RE UP THERE WITH FRIENDS IN OUR CARAVAN HOPE THE WEATHERS GOOD TO US..
BEST WISHES TO ALL ON THERE TRAVELS BRRR.
REGARDS DEREK
Hope you enjoy it, Derek ..... don't forget to pack some warm clothes!
Sweep
Kent UK
Sweep is female  Sweep has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2010, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I bet you are getting excited, Sweep!

Have you been brushing up on your French in readiness?
I am sort of...always a bit of a worry that you've found 'the right place' as I was in charge of finding Gite, my 4th time & I hope that all as it says(although the Visitors Comments sold it for me this time!)

French...hmmmm I think I know enough to get by on
Sweep
Kent UK
Sweep is female  Sweep has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2010, 07:05 PM

A tad concerned re; news from Foreign Office today
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2010, 08:53 PM

Obama has suggested our tourists stay away from frequently visited sites, terminals, etc ......
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2010, 09:59 PM

That's not good news Sweep, and so close to your holiday.........
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2010, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Obama has suggested our tourists stay away from frequently visited sites, terminals, etc ......
I'm glad I've had my holiday before these warnings were given
Sweep
Kent UK

04-10-2010, 08:45 AM

Holiday is Saturday! Eeekk!
Manxman
Manchester, UK
Manxman is male  Manxman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2010, 01:05 PM

Normally my Wife and I holiday at least twice a year, we enjoy the 'Royal Kenz Hotel' Port el Kantauoin Tunisia. The hotel is nice, part owners Wife is from England, they even have their meals in the dinning room, shows the quality of the food, No one under 16 allowed in the hotel, so you get a varied age range of couple, someone once said the average of guest was mid 50's and I would agree.Link in French but you can translate. http://hotelroyalkenz.com/

Our main holiday is always in Cortes de la Frontera, up in the hills of Andalusia, Spain. A wonderful white village, friendly people, little English is spoken so a phrase book or some lessons may help but be warned the villages speak a very accented dialect, like a broad Geordie speaks English.
We plan to move to the village sometime late next year, rent a small house, apartment or Finca, my health has not been good over the last 12 months but moving here is no issue as it has a small cottage type hospital, manned by para medics. Gibraltar is only around 40 min's drive away, with an excellent Hospital. 10 min by helicopter from the village, yes the Para medics even use the helicopter if required, all covered by the E111 card.

Youtube; http://youtube.com/watch?v=tqitgM5HfME

Wikipedia; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cortes_de_la_Frontera

Hope this helps

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top