Join for free
Page 37 of 370 « First < 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 87 137 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2016, 11:31 AM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Thanks for your comments Floydy, I'm rather partial to the odd choccy bar myself good for keeping the energy levels up.

And well done to you Rosey, exercise is relative, what's easy for some is hard for others, but everybody benefits in the end.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2016, 11:46 AM

I did another "Big 10" workout on Friday, this time two and a half hours solid at the gym. I think it's over 20 years since I put in such a long session.
Proof that age is no barrier or hindrance when it comes to exercise.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2016, 11:47 AM

A beautiful calm Autumn morning and it deserved something special so I ran out of the village and meandered round quiet country roads that I had not visited since my marathon days. I kept the pace steady and enjoyed what nature had to offer. Rabbits aplenty sat upon verges watching me pass, and I even had a glimpse of a disturbed Tawny Owl as he flew low over a harvested field. Blackberry bushes were weighed down with succulent juicy fruit, and every now and then my feet would crunch over acorns that had fallen onto the road from mighty Oaks that lined my route.

Every year at this time I would be preparing for the Robin Hood Marathon which will be held next Sunday, but not now, and as I ran the last mile of this nostalgic eleven miler It could have been the last mile of the marathon and I realised those days are gone......
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

18-09-2016, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I did another "Big 10" workout on Friday, this time two and a half hours solid at the gym. I think it's over 20 years since I put in such a long session.
Proof that age is no barrier or hindrance when it comes to exercise.

You and me both Floydy....well done mate and enjoy your holiday, I'll be away for a fortnight myself next week...
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2016, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
[/B]

You and me both Floydy....well done mate and enjoy your holiday, I'll be away for a fortnight myself next week...
Another week to go yet bud, fly out next Monday

Where you travelling to, my friend?
Rosey
Essex,UK
Rosey is female  Rosey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2016, 12:31 PM

Thanks for your comments Floydy, I'm rather partial to the odd choccy bar myself good for keeping the energy levels up.

And well done to you Rosey, exercise is relative, what's easy for some is hard for others, but everybody benefits in the end.
Thankyou Old Grey Fox....
Have a lovely holiday....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

18-09-2016, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Another week to go yet bud, fly out next Monday

Where you travelling to, my friend?

Driving down to Southampton on Monday and then meeting the P&O ship Britannia for a 13 night cruise to the Canaries.

What's your destination Floydy?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

19-09-2016, 02:13 PM

Driving down to Southampton on Monday and then meeting the P&O ship Britannia for a 13 night cruise to the Canaries.

What's your destination Floydy?
Playas Las Americas (or whatever it's called!), Tenerife. Stepdaughter gets married on the beach out there so making a holiday of it.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2016, 05:32 AM

last research in exercising at the gym!

https://au.be.yahoo.com/lifestyle/he...hoo7-be/#page1

this could turn your exercising upside down!

happy cycling
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

23-09-2016, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
last research in exercising at the gym!

https://au.be.yahoo.com/lifestyle/he...hoo7-be/#page1

this could turn your exercising upside down!

happy cycling
Thanks Gumbud, I've come across this before. There is a Doctor who appears on TV called Michael Mosley and he did some experiments using the same parameters, and he came to the same conclusion.
However, Andrew Marr a political correspondent on the news was rushed into hospital after suffering a stroke while doing this exercise.

Personally I like cycling out in the country where you meet the occasional obstacles like the wind and hills making it more interesting. The long term effects of gentle cycling are many, but do we know what the long term effects of 'eyeballs out' cycling will be on say a 66 year old who has already suffered two heart attacks? Poor old Andrew found out to his cost.

Page 37 of 370 « First < 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 87 137 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top