Join for free
Page 2 of 58 < 1 2 3 4 12 52 > Last »
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 03:28 AM

Re: Seeing the International Space Station

Heavenly - literally!

It's a busy place up there, and if you do some minimal internet searching you should be able to find interactive charts for satellite viewing. There's always something to see.

Summer evenings here are often spent looking skyward looking for manmade and natural satellites, meteors, and favorite constellations. It takes at least twenty minutes for eyes to fully adjust.

It's even better when experienced on a beach with your favorite people along.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 07:50 AM

I love to check where the space station is and try to spot it sometimes, which I've managed to do occasionally. I like to keep this site on my favourites.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by DWebb ->
Just a reminder 11:45pm!!!! 5 minutes time.....

Oh by the way the ISS is only visible when it is dark or shortly after the Sun has set, it is not bright enough to see it during the day

I didn't think so tbh. Must have been plain old aliens.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->

I didn't think so tbh. Must have been plain old aliens.
I hope you are able to see it tonight LD .... 10.53pm.

It gives you great satisfaction knowing you have seen it.

I’ll be looking out again tonight.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I hope you are able to see it tonight LD .... 10.53pm.

It gives you great satisfaction knowing you have seen it.

I’ll be looking out again tonight.
I have just set an alarm on my phone to remind me. Hopefully it will be clear tonight. No doubt I will end up spending a couple of hours out there which is what happens when I start getting involved with all things 'space'.

Btw, is it worth using binoculars?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I have just set an alarm on my phone to remind me. Hopefully it will be clear tonight. No doubt I will end up spending a couple of hours out there which is what happens when I start getting involved with all things 'space'.

Btw, is it worth using binoculars?
I could see it clearly with the naked eye, its movement is faster than an aircraft at the height.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 09:08 AM

This is a list of times of possible sightings, some are at stupid o'clock but some are more civilised. These times are for Birmingham so they may vary slightly region to region.

Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 10:50 AM

I use to watch it come over with my Brother in the back garden, it's the magic of it just vanishing into thin air if you keep your eye on it..
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

21-05-2018, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by mags ->
i could see it clearly with the naked eye, its movement is faster than an aircraft at the height.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 11:07 AM

Just to reiterate, it's a single, solid, unblinking, unflashing white light. It has no other lights of any colour or description. The light you see is caused by the sun reflecting off it's solar panels.

Page 2 of 58 < 1 2 3 4 12 52 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top