Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2019, 05:01 PM

Dysfunctional Parliament

In view of the current chaos in parliament which seems to be designed to overturn the ref result by any or all means , which is supported by state institutions and much of the media.one of the tools they use is to instill fear and confusion into the populace,both leave and remain. it seems that this strategy has worked in the case of the remainder who manifest signs of hysteria in any discussions.however, l detect a feeling of unity and exasperated steadiness of purpose amongst the leavers.
So l believe that it is time, in veiw of the measures being initiated right now in parliament to delay stop or dilute Brexit, for all leavers to unite in some form or other to demonstrate to parliament that we have not changed our minds after more than two years of fearmongering and denigration on their part. Now we have a problem doing this because there is nobody currently representing us, so how do we get organised?
Might l suggest Nigel Farage gets involved in veiw of his knowhow etc.ideas please? Donkeyman
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2019, 07:10 PM

Re: Dysfunctional Parliament

So they paid airbus to say that they want to leave the uk market?
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2019, 07:34 PM

One forgets of course that when they keep saying factories here rely upon seamless movement of parts supply that those parts ARE MADE IN EUROPE .... if jaguar closes then so do hundreds of little factories across Europe same for airbus ( that is all bluff as you don’t exactly build an aeroplane factory overnight , nor is Europe exactly full of unemployed aircraft builders ...and to the fact today there are only two aeroplane engine makers and ROLLS ROYCE aero engines are made here and the customer decides which engine not airbus so bluff bluff bluff however hard Brexit would have millions across Europe clammering their mp’s in Germany France Italy etc to get a deal with the uk and work around junkers and tusks empire as THEIR JOBS ARE HANGING !!!!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2019, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
One forgets of course that when they keep saying factories here rely upon seamless movement of parts supply that those parts ARE MADE IN EUROPE .... if jaguar closes then so do hundreds of little factories across Europe same for airbus ( that is all bluff as you don’t exactly build an aeroplane factory overnight , nor is Europe exactly full of unemployed aircraft builders ...and to the fact today there are only two aeroplane engine makers and ROLLS ROYCE aero engines are made here and the customer decides which engine not airbus so bluff bluff bluff however hard Brexit would have millions across Europe clammering their mp’s in Germany France Italy etc to get a deal with the uk and work around junkers and tusks empire as THEIR JOBS ARE HANGING !!!!
Rolls royce jet engines are produced in dahlewitz. That is near berlin, which is not in the UK.
These engines are for: airbus.
So it would make sense for airbus to move the production of wings to the EU. Since the parts are also pruduced in the EU, what is more logical then quickly leave the crumbling UK?
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2019, 08:06 PM

We are crumbling with or without the Eu but that’s a different thread
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2019, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
l detect a feeling of unity and exasperated steadiness of purpose amongst the leavers.
I agree. I believe the 17m Leavers are more resolute than ever to ensure that the referendum decision is honoured and that we Leave the EU at the earliest possible opportunity, which is the 29th March.

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
so how do we get organised?
Might l suggest Nigel Farage gets involved in veiw of his knowhow etc.ideas please? Donkeyman
Whist it may feel like the Remainers are organised and doing things, I have no doubts myself that Leavers out there are also mobilising and planning demonstrations of various kinds In the event that Government denies us leaving by No Deal.

It is entirely legitimate for us to leave with No Deal so no-one has any authority or remit to deny that option.

Remainers have been active because they see the deadline approaching.

Leavers on the other hand need only wait until the deadline to see if the EU and our government will collectively and wilfully obstruct our Exit from the EU.

If they do, then I expect a lot of Leavers to make themselves known and heard pretty loudly.

We must understand that the protests of the Remainers are little more than teenage tantrums, just frustrations at having lost a democratic vote.

The prospect of a government working against democracy, wilfully obstructing a democratic vote is something completely different.

It would mark the end of democracy in the country and the realisation of an authoritarian dictatorship. That would be ground breaking and pretty irreversible and an untenable position for government.

If that happens I honesty think people will take to the streets in their millions in protest and I think we will see very different protests to those we have seen from the Remainers.

Nigel Farage, whilst a foundational stone of the entire move to leave the EU, is unlikely to step forward to spear head mass protests across the UK, the like of which will not have been seen for 100s of years.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2019, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Whist it may feel like the Remainers are organised and doing things, I have no doubts myself that Leavers out there are also mobilising and planning demonstrations of various kinds In the event that Government denies us leaving by No Deal.

It is entirely legitimate for us to leave with No Deal so no-one has any authority or remit to deny that option.

Remainers have been active because they see the deadline approaching.

Leavers on the other hand need only wait until the deadline to see if the EU and our government will collectively and wilfully obstruct our Exit from the EU.

If they do, then I expect a lot of Leavers to make themselves known and heard pretty loudly.

We must understand that the protests of the Remainers are little more than teenage tantrums, just frustrations at having lost a democratic vote.

The prospect of a government working against democracy, wilfully obstructing a democratic vote is something completely different.

It would mark the end of democracy in the country and the realisation of an authoritarian dictatorship. That would be ground breaking and pretty irreversible and an untenable position for government.

If that happens I honesty think people will take to the streets in their millions in protest and I think we will see very different protests to those we have seen from the Remainers.

Nigel Farage, whilst a foundational stone of the entire move to leave the EU, is unlikely to step forward to spear head mass protests across the UK, the like of which will not have been seen for 100s of years.
Good post. I'm sure you're absolutely right.

Ranting and raving might just achieve something, but what I think would be more effective is if someone (Farage?) set up a new political party.

If that happened, all leavers would have the opportunity to make their voices heard publicly.

It's alright protesting and writing to the press, but words become diluted by journalists whose ideas might not agree with those of leavers.

An overwhelming number of votes in the next general election would make the authorities sit up and listen, and could also result in a majority in Parliament.

Of course, the only way that would happen relies on two things:

- a great leader coming forward; and

- people getting off their backsides and sticking their necks out.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
An overwhelming number of votes in the next general election would make the authorities sit up and listen, and could also result in a majority in Parliament.
Or even better an overwhelming number of people spoiling their votes as Protest Votes
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 07:17 AM

Hi

I will never again vote for either Tory or Labour.

The referendum must be respected, whether you agree with the result or not.

The Tories have made a complete mess of preparing for it and Labour are using it as a political football.

I wish there was a way to get rid of the lot of them and start again with real people, not career politicians who are out of touch with real life.
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I will never again vote for either Tory or Labour.

The referendum must be respected, whether you agree with the result or not.

The Tories have made a complete mess of preparing for it and Labour are using it as a political football.

I wish there was a way to get rid of the lot of them and start again with real people, not career politicians who are out of touch with real life.
Are you saying that the result of an advisory referendum should Do away with Parliamentary democracy when the referendum bill specifically did not cede sovereignty to the people.

Yes the result of the referendum should be considered but to act on it whatever the cost or consequences would be a dereliction of responsibility

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top