Join for free
Page 11 of 12 « First < 9 10 11 12 >
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2019, 05:44 PM

Re: A U-turn by Barnier ?

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
I don’t care one iota about the SUPPOSED FINANCIAL LOSSES ... let’s face it as in reality if for instance jaguar landrover shut because parts supply problems well it’s jobs in Europe making those parts that will go and they can thank the Eu for that ... so after we leave we all know deals will be made pretty quick .

But to try and explain to a remainer that this is FOREVER FOREVER FOREVER ... so it’s short term financial loss ... so what !!!

It’s like saying to a battered wife you can’t leave him because you have no money no house no job ... you must stay ... when the wise woman would say you know what I’m worth more than that !!! Would leave and build a happy life free of the idiot and be FOREVER FREE HERSELF
The problem is that we don’t know that deals will be made pretty quick. How can you be sure of that

Whilst no deals can be ratified until we leave, to date Liam Fox has achieved commitment to enter into trade agreements when we leave from only a few countries and it seems that Australia might leverage us taking their beef which if we write EU food standard into our own law will not be Lagan as it contained growth hormones

The shutdown you describe at JLR will hopefully only be for a short time but if there are ongoing issues with food supply and shortages then good will become a priority over manufacturing industry and that could mean job losses.

Without a clear vision of what challenges face us and what mitigation’s and remedies are or will be in place there is no justification for political dogma at whatever cost to this country
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2019, 05:49 PM

I don’t care one iota about the SUPPOSED FINANCIAL LOSSES ... let’s face it as in reality if for instance jaguar landrover shut because parts supply problems well it’s jobs in Europe making those parts that will go and they can thank the Eu for that ... so after we leave we all know deals will be made pretty quick .

But to try and explain to a remainer that this is FOREVER FOREVER FOREVER ... so it’s short term financial loss ... so what !!!

It’s like saying to a battered wife you can’t leave him because you have no money no house no job ... you must stay ... when the wise woman would say you know what I’m worth more than that !!! Would leave and build a happy life free of the idiot and be FOREVER FREE HERSELF
Hi

Big companies do not shut down, they move to wherever it is most financially beneficial to them.

They will make a simple financial decision.

The bean counters rule.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2019, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Big companies do not shut down, they move to wherever it is most financially beneficial to them.

They will make a simple financial decision.

The bean counters rule.
Agh and so your seriously suggesting for the sake of POSSIBLY a few thousand job losses that EVERYONE IN THE UK should remain a prisoner of ( and let’s face it ) a bloody not fit for purpose sinking ship ... that 67 million should remain to allow a fruit picker or a car production worker to continue whilst overlooking something never mentioned in here ... tariffs are a few % ... the pound dropped 10% and more already so those deals to avoid tariffs in effect were ALL ALREADY PAYING THEM NOW ... but the Eu will also have tariffs placed on them and if the french seriously believe those little Renault things will sell at higher price then good luck to them .

But we will be free to trade worldwide ... a growing world not a recession hit Europe so I’m all for hard Brexit do it tomorrow and get on with it leaving remainers if they feel so strongly to pack up ship out and leave today
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2019, 06:07 PM

Agh and so your seriously suggesting for the sake of POSSIBLY a few thousand job losses that EVERYONE IN THE UK should remain a prisoner of ( and let’s face it ) a bloody not fit for purpose sinking ship ... that 67 million should remain to allow a fruit picker or a car production worker to continue whilst overlooking something never mentioned in here ... tariffs are a few % ... the pound dropped 10% and more already so those deals to avoid tariffs in effect were ALL ALREADY PAYING THEM NOW ... but the Eu will also have tariffs placed on them and if the french seriously believe those little Renault things will sell at higher price then good luck to them .

But we will be free to trade worldwide ... a growing world not a recession hit Europe so I’m all for hard Brexit do it tomorrow and get on with it leaving remainers if they feel so strongly to pack up ship out and leave today
Hi

No, not at all, simply stating a fact.

Big companies move where they make more money.

We, can do nothing about it, we do not own them.

We are already free to trade world wide, we do so already under WTO Rules.

What a Hard Brexit means is that all our Trade will be on WTO Rules until such time as we get new Free Trade Deals in place.

As the EU is now the biggest Trading Bloc in the world and a hard brexit means goods manufactured here in the UK, companies will make a decision as to whether to move elsewhere.
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2019, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
EU Stooge very much struggling now with the propaganda.

Having no impact here fella

We know we will be better off leaving despite any initial turmoil.

You can not frighten us with your Project Hysteria nonsense

We are leaving

Suck it up
Again you offer no coherent argument

Putin will probably award your the Honorary title of
Hero of the Russian Federation. You even get a gold star to wear. ⭐️
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2019, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
Again you offer no coherent argument

Putin will probably award your the Honorary title of
Hero of the Russian Federation. You even get a gold star to wear. ⭐️
What trump achieves in the usa, our realist strives for in the UK.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2019, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Trouble is, if they do a deal and spin us onto May's Chequers plan, what do we end up as?

In or Out?
With May's so-called deal, IN.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

27-01-2019, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
With May's so-called deal, IN.
Hi

Yes, which is why I cannot support it.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2019, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
I despair that my country is now so full of people who don't care about or love their country and would happily see its sovereignty and the nationality of its people so utterly and irrevocably abolished.
I'm afraid that I also despair of my country.

Nothing to do with Brexit, but for the reason you give above and a host of other things that have been happening over the past several years.

Such things have largely been the responsibility of the governments we have had. None have been very good since our first female PM, but it is my experience that they have been becoming worse and worse as the years have gone by culminating in the worst government I ever remember our having.

Not just the government either. The opposition are, if anything, even worse. They are as much a detriment to the country as is the government.

A weak opposition is not capable of holding the government to task and I think this, as much as anything, is the cause for our inept government today.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2019, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I'm afraid that I also despair of my country.

Nothing to do with Brexit, but for the reason you give above and a host of other things that have been happening over the past several years.

Such things have largely been the responsibility of the governments we have had. None have been very good since our first female PM, but it is my experience that they have been becoming worse and worse as the years have gone by culminating in the worst government I ever remember our having.

Not just the government either. The opposition are, if anything, even worse. They are as much a detriment to the country as is the government.

A weak opposition is not capable of holding the government to task and I think this, as much as anything, is the cause for our inept government today.
Which goes back to what many of us are saying.
Who the hell do we vote for in the next election?

I'd rather vote for the monster loony party than this bloody lot!

Page 11 of 12 « First < 9 10 11 12 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top