Join for free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2019, 06:00 AM

Anti-vaxxers responsible for Outbreak

According to a news item on the ABC Europe's worst outbreak of measles is due in part to the activities of the Anti-vaxxer loonies.

• Measles is a contagious viral disease that can cause hearing loss and brain disorders
  • More than countries fell below the safe population immunisation rate of 95 per cent in 2018
  • Seven out of 10 countries with the world's lowest vaccine confidence are in Europe

I'm not worried, I've had 'em all, Chicken Pox, Mumps, Measles (two of them together so I was fat and spotty).

We have had outbreaks of these diseases here in small areas (particularly in Melbourne) where the Anti-vaxxers hold sway. Fortunately most states have now made it the law - no vaccinations, no school enrolment - the percentages of children vaccinated has shot upward.

Europe had a record number of measles cases last year, in part due to a growing number of pockets where parents are refusing to vaccinate their children, the World Health Organisation (WHO) says.

The WHO also said record numbers of children are getting the vaccine — offering hope the rise in infections may not last.

"Progress has been uneven between and within countries, leaving increasing clusters of susceptible individuals unprotected, and resulting in a record number of people affected by the virus in 2018," it said in a statement.

These tin foil warriors live among us.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-02-...cases/10792440
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2019, 10:25 AM

Re: Anti-vaxxers responsible for Outbreak

Measles vaccine is important, vital even.
I had an auntie who was blind from birth, her mum had measles when she was pregnant with her.

(If the F vaccine is mentioned on this thread I may require counselling...)
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2019, 10:55 AM

If the governments and medical industry cared one iota about reduction in Measles rather than making $billions from vaccines then they would have simply listened to the concerns of their "customers" and given them what they asked for, which is a single Measles vaccination.

Unfortunately the industry had a huge back stock of the controversial MMR vaccine (combined Measles, Mumps and Rubella) which a huge amount of its customer base did not want because of the concerns of autism and other awful side effects.

Sadly the industry was only concerned only about making its $billions and so largely removed the CHOICE of parents to have a single Measles (and other vaccines). Many parents rightly refused the MMR, taking agonising decisions to protect the health of their children in the face of outright denial and belligerent profiteering by the health industry.

Whether customers were correct in their concerns about the MMR vaccine or not is largely irrelevant. They are the customers here. When you remove FREE CHOICE from your customer base you alienate yourself as a seller and lose custom simple as.

The industry simply reaped what it sowed as a result.

In future the industry would do well to listen to its customer base and develop products that they actually want and that are properly tested, independently and proven to work, proven to protect and proven not to harm.

Unfortunately the situation appears to be that the relentless pursuit of profits in their $billions will continue to be the driving force rather than human health and so the Big Pharmaceuticals, far from offering choice, will continue to remove it and through lobbying and controlling government will ensure vaccination becomes mandatory.

One day there will be a reckoning of this entire industry and all the corrupt politicians who took part in the whole fiasco.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2019, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
If the governments and medical industry cared one iota about reduction in Measles rather than making $billions from vaccines then they would have simply listened to the concerns of their "customers" and given them what they asked for, which is a single Measles vaccination.

Unfortunately the industry had a huge back stock of the controversial MMR vaccine (combined Measles, Mumps and Rubella) which a huge amount of its customer base did not want because of the concerns of autism and other awful side effects.

Sadly the industry was only concerned only about making its $billions and so largely removed the CHOICE of parents to have a single Measles (and other vaccines). Many parents rightly refused the MMR, taking agonising decisions to protect the health of their children in the face of outright denial and belligerent profiteering by the health industry.

Whether customers were correct in their concerns about the MMR vaccine or not is largely irrelevant. They are the customers here. When you remove FREE CHOICE from your customer base you alienate yourself as a seller and lose custom simple as.

The industry simply reaped what it sowed as a result.

In future the industry would do well to listen to its customer base and develop products that they actually want and that are properly tested, independently and proven to work, proven to protect and proven not to harm.

Unfortunately the situation appears to be that the relentless pursuit of profits in their $billions will continue to be the driving force rather than human health and so the Big Pharmaceuticals, far from offering choice, will continue to remove it and through lobbying and controlling government will ensure vaccination becomes mandatory.

One day there will be a reckoning of this entire industry and all the corrupt politicians who took part in the whole fiasco.
Nothing wrong with this Bruce.....I'd rather hear all the evidence for and against rather than blindly do what I'm told.....You two are so much alike....
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2019, 12:20 PM

I remember when I had them as a child I was kept in a dark room for days on end for one of them.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2019, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
I remember when I had them as a child I was kept in a dark room for days on end for one of them.
Hi

Yes, I can remember my Mother keeping me in the cellar.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2019, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Nothing wrong with this Bruce.....I'd rather hear all the evidence for and against rather than blindly do what I'm told.....You two are so much alike....
I agree, an interesting post.
I hadn't realised that a single measles jab wasn't available.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2019, 04:13 PM

I'm sure that single jabs are privately available. At least they used to be.

The problem with such attitudes can be seen in places like Nigeria and Norther Pakistan where there has been resistance to the polio vaccine for religious reasons.

https://www.healthcare-economist.com...polio-vaccine/
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2019, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
I hadn't realised that a single measles jab wasn't available.
When you say this I presume you are aware of the intense controversy that surrounded the MMR vaccine?

Being an integral part of the Big Pharma business machine the NHS removes the choice of parents to have single vaccines for their kids.

Big Pharma has lots of money invested in MMR and so is forcing it on the populous.

Of course there's all manner of NHS spiel about why you can only have the MMR but savvy parents do their research as their child's health is on the line.

As Annie says, you can go to private clinics to get the separate vaccines which is pretty shocking. It's a sign of Big Pharma authoritarianism.

Interesting that part of Bruce's post about schools refusing entry to kids who haven't been vaccinated?

Why?

If they have been vaccinated themselves then what do they have to worry about from unvaccinated kids????

Worth thinking that one through !
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK

08-02-2019, 09:32 PM

When you say this I presume you are aware of the intense controversy that surrounded the MMR vaccine?
Yes. Of course. I'd forgotten.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top