Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
Fogey
Shropshire
Fogey is male  Fogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 11:05 AM

A take on Winston Churchill

Never before in the field of British politics has so much hate been generated, for so many, by so few.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 11:49 AM

Re: A take on Winston Churchill

We have been to where he lived and apparently he was not that kind to his staff. Th way he is portrayed is entirely different to his private life
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 12:07 PM

Churchill had feet of clay at the very least. A thoroughly horrible man, his --- work --- in the Boer war quite apart from anything else was a war crime. His leadership resulted in a series of debacles amongst which was the disasterous Gallipoli campaign which typified the man.

Mentally unstable, a drunkard, and remarkably stupid it was only his brutality combined with his stupidity that gave the backbone to confront the Nazis.

Unfortunately his conduct and orders resulted in a number of war crimes against the German civilians as a deliberate war strategy.

Like Blair, a war monger and a war criminal and more besides.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 12:12 PM

Luckily for Great Britain, Hitler was a gentleman of the old school - a teetotaller celibate who loved children and dogs while being renowned for being kind to his servants .....
Mr Magoo
London
Mr Magoo is male  Mr Magoo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 12:19 PM

I have vivid memories of World War Two. I assure you that he was widely admired as an inspiration to a nation struggling to defend itself. His radio speeches were a boost during difficult times.

During the Boer War he was a war correspondent and had no say at all in the conduct of that war.

His Gallipoli campaign may hay have been a blunder but the generals and admirals were surely partly to blame.

In my opinion he was not a war criminal at all. I think he is widely, and rightly, regarded as a war hero.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Magoo ->
I have vivid memories of World War Two. I assure you that he was widely admired as an inspiration to a nation struggling to defend itself. His radio speeches were a boost during difficult times.

During the Boer War he was a war correspondent and had no say at all in the conduct of that war.

His Gallipoli campaign may hay have been a blunder but the generals and admirals were surely partly to blame.

In my opinion he was not a war criminal at all. I think he is widely, and rightly, regarded as a war hero.

How wrong you are - he is guilty of mass murder !!!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/sh...emical-weapons
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
He saved your ass Joe, what do you think hitler would have done with people like you?

Goose stepping down Brighton sea front is not my idea of fun Joe, Should we have tried to make friends with Hitler? Sometimes hard decisions have to be made to protect your family and country, just like brexit now.....
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
He saved your ass Joe, what do you think hitler would have done with people like you?

Goose stepping down Brighton sea front is not my idea of fun Joe, Should we have tried to make friends with Hitler? Sometimes hard decisions have to be made to protect your family and country, just like brexit now.....

I have never advocated conceeding to Hitler, on the contrary, I'm an avid anti-nazi. However, I reject your analysis that he 'saved my ass', other brave personnel did that including my Uncle who served with Maj Howard relieving the Pegasus Bridge on 'D' Day. Churchill was merely a figure-head and an an incompetent drunkard of a figure-head too.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->

https://www.theguardian.com/world/sh...emical-weapons
Says the person who has adopted Uncle Joe Stalin for his username probably the biggest mass murderer in history... Some roll model..
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Says the person who has adopted Uncle Joe Stalin for his username probably the biggest mass murderer in history... Some roll model..
To be fair I believe that queen Victoria holds that title.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top