Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2019, 01:21 PM

The Rise of the Far Right in Europe.

I was looking for a different article regarding Europe and it's borders, when I came across this article.
It is truly frightening to read that a quarter of the British people would vote for a far-right party. This defies belief when one considers there are 66.4 million living here since the last count in September 2018 by the BBC.

It’s the same picture all over Europe too. Look at the figures below. again by the BBC.

Finland (The Finns) 18%
Germany (Alternative for Germany) 12.6%
Sweden (Sweden Democrats) 17.6%
Denmark (Danish People’s Party) 21%
Czech Republic (Freedom and Direct Democracy) 11%
Netherlands (Freedom Party) 13%
Austria (Freedom Party) 26%
France (Front National) 13%
Slovakia (Our Slovakia) 08%
Switzerland (Swiss People’s Party) 29%
Bulgaria (United Patriots) 09%
Hungary (Jobbik) 19%
Italy (The League) 17.4%
Cyprus (ELAM) 03.7%
Greece (Golden Dawn) 0.7%

Looking at those figures, the above parties rise surely has to be a backlash against the political establishment, globalisation and loss of national identity. It just goes to show that parties that people would once look upon with disgust, now look increasingly more in tune with the ordinary man and woman in the streets of European countries that feel hostility to immigration, anti-Islamic rhetoric and Euroscepticism.

Some have taken office, other have become the main opposition voice, but in my lifetime, I have never seen so many EU countries having far right parties in double figures!!

Those figures are truly scary! But, it had to come, One only has to look at our elitist establishment, in all spectrums of society, riding roughshod over the will of the people, I fear the same could eventually happen here, with the unbelievable prospect of a far-right party eventually getting seats in the HOC. Once upon a time I would have laughed at the mere mention of a far-right party member being an MP, but unbelievably, the way things are progressing in this country, I now would not dare say such a thing could not happen.

What, apart from mutual loathing of such parties, is your view?.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2019, 01:39 PM

Re: The Rise of the Far Right in Europe.

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
I was looking for a different article regarding Europe and it's borders, when I came across this article.
It is truly frightening to read that a quarter of the British people would vote for a far-right party. This defies belief when one considers there are 66.4 million living here since the last count in September 2018 by the BBC.

It’s the same picture all over Europe too. Look at the figures below. again by the BBC.

Finland (The Finns) 18%
Germany (Alternative for Germany) 12.6%
Sweden (Sweden Democrats) 17.6%
Denmark (Danish People’s Party) 21%
Czech Republic (Freedom and Direct Democracy) 11%
Netherlands (Freedom Party) 13%
Austria (Freedom Party) 26%
France (Front National) 13%
Slovakia (Our Slovakia) 08%
Switzerland (Swiss People’s Party) 29%
Bulgaria (United Patriots) 09%
Hungary (Jobbik) 19%
Italy (The League) 17.4%
Cyprus (ELAM) 03.7%
Greece (Golden Dawn) 0.7%

Looking at those figures, the above parties rise surely has to be a backlash against the political establishment, globalisation and loss of national identity. It just goes to show that parties that people would once look upon with disgust, now look increasingly more in tune with the ordinary man and woman in the streets of European countries that feel hostility to immigration, anti-Islamic rhetoric and Euroscepticism.

Some have taken office, other have become the main opposition voice, but in my lifetime, I have never seen so many EU countries having far right parties in double figures!!

Those figures are truly scary! But, it had to come, One only has to look at our elitist establishment, in all spectrums of society, riding roughshod over the will of the people, I fear the same could eventually happen here, with the unbelievable prospect of a far-right party eventually getting seats in the HOC. Once upon a time I would have laughed at the mere mention of a far-right party member being an MP, but unbelievably, the way things are progressing in this country, I now would not dare say such a thing could not happen.

What, apart from mutual loathing of such parties, is your view?.

Correct me if I'm wrong SG darlin', but didn't you say only a short time ago that you would support UKIP and Nigel Farridge ???

Is not UKIP a far-right party and wasn't it racist in its views ???

Whatever party Farridge establishes, (if he ever does so) would that not be politically to the far-right of the 'nasty party' ???
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2019, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Correct me if I'm wrong SG darlin', but didn't you say only a short time ago that you would support UKIP and Nigel Farridge ???

Is not UKIP a far-right party and wasn't it racist in its views ???

Whatever party Farridge establishes, (if he ever does so) would that not be politically to the far-right of the 'nasty party' ???
UJ, you know full well my thoughts on UKIP. Go back and read my posts on it. I fully admitted that the party that I was once happy to vote for solely because it was the only party that supported the people in leaving the EU.

I also wrote that UKIP was no longer the same party since THE FAR RIGHT infested it in the name of Tommy Robinson and others, and many of those of us who once supported it would no longer do so!.

With regard to Nigel and the Leave Party. At the moment he would have my vote. There are no far-right attachments to it. It is a party that is being formed to take on the elite establishment who do not believe in democracy. Until it is proved otherwise. He will have my vote.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2019, 02:40 PM

"Far Right" is a label that is now used in the MSM for any party, group, or individual that rejects the pressure and Horse Apples pushed at Joe Blow by governments today.

It is frequently used to describe those who support Popularist views.

What I find astounding is to see that Popularist views are being condemned!

I even had to confirm what Popularist meant to see what was wrong with it.

The answer - nothing.

But it does encompass those who put their nation and their national values first rather than just playing silly games on the international political stage.

Far right my aunt fanny. Just people who care for their nation before ALL others.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2019, 02:47 PM

Populism is what the Liberal - Left call democracy when they don't get the results they want
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2019, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
"Far Right" is a label that is now used in the MSM for any party, group, or individual that rejects the pressure and Horse Apples pushed at Joe Blow by governments today.

It is frequently used to describe those who support Popularist views.

What I find astounding is to see that Popularist views are being condemned!

I even had to confirm what Popularist meant to see what was wrong with it.

The answer - nothing.

But it does encompass those who put their nation and their national values first rather than just playing silly games on the international political stage.

Far right my aunt fanny. Just people who care for their nation before ALL others.
Agreed.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2019, 03:37 PM

There is a rise in the far right and sadly the patriots just wanting to protect their countries seem to get lumped in with them, same with UKIP when I supported it they were not the nasty far right anti muslim party they are now, they were infiltrated and taken over.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2019, 03:59 PM

You can understand the increase in the right-leaning parties especially when rapes, sexual assaults and an increase in crime perpetrated by so-called asylum seekers are on the ascendant and are brushed over by left-wing `Liberal` governments, apologists and SJWs. These right-wing groups/parties will continue to get more support as turning a blind eye to immigrant outrages go unpunished.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2019, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
You can understand the increase in the right-leaning parties especially when rapes, sexual assaults and an increase in crime perpetrated by so-called asylum seekers are on the ascendant and are brushed over by left-wing `Liberal` governments, apologists and SJWs. These right-wing groups/parties will continue to get more support as turning a blind eye to immigrant outrages go unpunished.
Agree Judd,

I hope the right wing goes from strength to strength.
I'm sick of the leftie appeasing apologists - they are WAY more of a danger.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2019, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I agree what has triggered it Judd, but it's dangerous. Looking back at history it's always dangerous.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top