Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 07:42 AM

Labour takes 5 point lead

Labour takes 5 point lead over Tories

As the mail is a Tory paper I assume they must be using scare tactics to do what ??????

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...oint-lead.html
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 08:26 AM

Re: Labour takes 5 point lead

Is anyone surprised? I'm not.

Theresa May has totally screwed up BREXIT and together with Bercow brought The House not just into disrepute but contemptible.

Indeed the performance of the Conservative party since the Cameron led government has been pathetic. BREXIT is the final nail.

Labour under Corbyn has by comparison with the Conservatives appeared to know where their towel is although the key word has to be appeared.

Had the Conservatives not been so awful then Labour could have been seen for just what they are.

A second factor is time. It is about nine years since Labour held office and over that period the electorate has changed with around 20% ish now having little knowledge or experience of a Labour government and most will vote based on what they've seen taking place.

If I was around 20 years old today then I would be thinking long and hard before casting my vote for a Conservative candidate.

Today I would / will be voting strategically.

To add to the number sending that I hope will be a hard slap to the Conservative "Men In Grey Suits" and in the next General Election in a way as to minimise the possibility of a Labour candidate being elected.

Although the cost of five years Labour misrule might just possibly be worth the seismic shake up needed by the Conservatives.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 08:29 AM

Don't be fooled just another scare tactic, next GE may be a Guy Fawkes event this time. Usually people forget blunders made by politicians but still they and the media have no idea...
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 08:33 AM

It's getting very difficult to distinguish between a double, and a treble Bluff.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->

A second factor is time. It is about nine years since Labour held office and over that period the electorate has changed with around 20% ish now having little knowledge or experience of a Labour government and most will vote based on what they've seen taking place.

If I was around 20 years old today then I would be thinking long and hard before casting my vote for a Conservative candidate.

Today I would / will be voting strategically.

To add to the number sending that I hope will be a hard slap to the Conservative "Men In Grey Suits" and in the next General Election in a way as to minimise the possibility of a Labour candidate being elected.

Although the cost of five years Labour misrule might just possibly be worth the seismic shake up needed by the Conservatives.
I see what you mean
i will never vote conservative on principle but I won't vote for labour under Corbyn .
We need new leaders.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 08:38 AM

April Fools Day tomorrow.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 08:54 AM

Does anyone believe polls these days .
The electorate tell pollsters anything that comes into their heads .
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 08:54 AM

I sometimes wonder what would happen if Blair was to slime his way back onto the scene.

Maybe as a Corbyn replacement?

A horrible thought but ----
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
I sometimes wonder what would happen if Blair was to slime his way back onto the scene.

Maybe as a Corbyn replacement?

A horrible thought but ----
He is already there a shadowy figure behind the new Independence party or whatever they are calling themselves now . It was even arranged that David Milliband would return to run it but I don't think Chuka Umunna will buy that, he clearly wants the job himself.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 09:07 AM

It's getting a bit like resurgent Boy Bands.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top