Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2019, 09:59 AM

Re: Nigel Farage - Do you trust him?

Originally Posted by May ->
Of course We Scots would trust wee noddy Farage,..sure didn't We give Him such a lovely welcome the last time He graciously visited Our Country

Ahhh so that explains why the Mangelwurzel was shoved up his arse!!!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2019, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
For myself, Farage is one strong character with strong principles . He represents what most of the Brexit voters hope to see. He speaks sense and presents arguments in the EU Parliament that makes his opposition cringe and shudder, because they know he can see beyond their camouflage and what fate lies ahead for all EU member states.

He did offer his services to our Government with the Brexit negotiations, but was refused and we probably now know why ! I don't think he'd be the right choice for a leader of this country, but looking around none of the others come up to scratch either .
In fact it is somewhat worrying.
Yes, this Puddle Duck...

Get rid of cross party haggling and make Nigel Farage the Brexit negotiator, best man for the job in my opinion, but as Puddle Duck says, after it's all calmed down I don't think he would be a suitable choice for Prime Minister because he hasn't got any experienced politicians behind him to run the country. That is unless some established ones are prepared to go with him...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2019, 10:17 AM

it's a good question Floydy.

Farage is a great orator, probably the best there is or has been for a good few years. Would I trust him in power? I would have to say yes to give him a chance, just like I gave a chance to May, Ca'moron, Tony Bore etc. I was shocked when Farage stood down after gaining so much support but it is my belief that he was 'got at' by the men in suits, probably threatened.

So yes. I would trust him enough to vote him in, more than I would trust Compo as PM who is a manipulator or Flabbott as Home Sec who is just incompetent. He couldn't be any worse surely?
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2019, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Yes I would I listen to him whenever I can on LBC last night he was forthright about what he really wants for the country and it pretty much matches what many of us want I thought, even UJ has expressed the same ideas he had at various times in debates. He seems to understand how to speak publicly and diplomatically when needed. He'd be an asset to the government and yes I think he could be a decent PM to get the country back on it's feet.
We have nothing to lose this present shower could not
be worse, Nigel can only be an improvement, he would at
least carry out the wishes of what was, after all, the
majority. Something this pack of hyenas seem unable to do.
Once he has done that, everything will follow.
I do question his motives, but they are probably the same
as mine.
Best Regards Donkeyman.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2019, 10:47 AM

That's a sad thing to say ST, I understand why you say it but there are still some decent one's out there IMO
And Farage is NOT one of them IMO.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2019, 10:51 AM

I would not trust Farage as far as I could chuck him. I believe he could be he biggest despot we have seen in modern politics for some time if he got into power. It consolidated my opinion of him when he cut and run after doing all the mischief making at referendum time. I think - just like Cameron - if things got tough he would pack his bag and be out of it without a second thought. He is a good talker, but I get this feeling he is simply enjoying the sound of his own voice. He certainly enjoys mischief making and seems a perverse sort of character, IMO, of course.

Edited to add:
Underneath that Cheshire cat grin, I think, as with many politicians, he has quite a degree of contempt for the public he purports to serve.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2019, 11:05 AM

When did he cut and run ? he carried on as an MEP and offered his help but Teresa knew best. He did his job and got us the referendum, he thought like many of us that was it and we would leave. How was he to know the treacherous remainers in parliament would behave ?
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2019, 11:11 AM

Thankyou Julie, that sums up my opinion too

Surely Nigel wouldn't be any worse than our current crop of traitorous MPs?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2019, 11:21 AM

The trouble is, Britain is desperate for a leader following the shower we have had to endure for the past twenty odd years. Anyone who puts us first would get my vote.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK

02-04-2019, 11:38 AM

When did he cut and run ? he carried on as an MEP and offered his help but Teresa knew best. He did his job and got us the referendum, he thought like many of us that was it and we would leave. How was he to know the treacherous remainers in parliament would behave ?
Didn't he resign from UKIP after the referendum - or did I dream it. IMO he knew what a battle there was going to be and decided that in order not to "queer his pitch" he would keep out of it for a bit. In fact, I think he said somewhere that his job was done. My fanny his job was done - he just stopped stirring the pot to keep himself popular, IMO of course. I know he carried on as an MEP.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top