Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2019, 12:58 PM

Re: MPs Contempt for voters

I suspect that the Government think that Corbyn is not really a threat, largely because of his "friendships" and planning skills.

What they must watch out for is a quick change of leadership, in the Labour Party, whereby a much more respectable candidate comes forward - If that was a Brexiteer, someone also with experience of going out to work, perhaps a Lady, I am sure their election would be a slam dunk.

To me, Corbyn is just a stalking horse and will be put down when it's the right time - certainly before an election.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2019, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Never LD, it is against my principles to do that
I will have my vote in any election.
But what if I don't trust any of them?

You would think that all politicians (being the right people for the job because they are so super intelligent) could come up with the best plan for the Country despite their political leanings. Surely there is only ONE best plan followed by lots of not quite so good plans.

Do they really think that after watching their disgusting behaviour over the past two years that they can ask us to vote for them again? That's all parties, not just the Tories.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2019, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
I suspect that the Government think that Corbyn is not really a threat, largely because of his "friendships" and planning skills.

What they must watch out for is a quick change of leadership, in the Labour Party, whereby a much more respectable candidate comes forward - If that was a Brexiteer, someone also with experience of going out to work, perhaps a Lady, I am sure their election would be a slam dunk.

To me, Corbyn is just a stalking horse and will be put down when it's the right time - certainly before an election.
Good point Ted.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2019, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
DM I don't expect a reply every time I send a letter , MPs are busy people as the last few weeks of late sittings in parliament have demonstrated.
I always keep my corespondents polite, short, to the point and constructive. Long rants are a recipe for being ignored.
So do l meg, today, l went to his lordships office in town
Personally, they let me into the building ok, l entered an office
Where, a nice young lady enquired what l wanted.l answered
Her question by answering, what do you think? I followed
this up with a request to meet the honarable gentleman.
Of course, l was told, he was far to busy at the moment, and
I could tell my problems, to her, adding that they have
had thousands of requests for sir alan to answer questions
about what is going on, and it is so difficult to manage all of
this,
Meg what more can we do

Yours Donkeyman
OldFogey
NW UK
OldFogey is male  OldFogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2019, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Trade is king, there is no denying it.
That, in a nutshell, is why Brexit will fail.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2019, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by OldFogey ->
That, in a nutshell, is why Brexit will fail.
Clarify Fail please OF

Regards Donkeyman
OldFogey
NW UK
OldFogey is male  OldFogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2019, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Clarify Fail please OF

Regards Donkeyman
Have you not been listening to 99%of the business community in the UK and beyond during the last 3 years - especially the farmers (and very especially in Northern Ireland)?

The UK will never, ever get better deals & terms of trade than it has in the EU. And where the money goes, the politics follows.

There is no "Project Fear" - there are only people who swallowed the Tory snake-oil and voted for Brexit.

Unless, of course, everyone engaged in business, commerce, finance, agriculture - and, yes, the arts, sciences, environmental protection, academia . . . . and so on are all wrong and a handful of Tory headbangers, and the (understandably) pissed-off people ignored by them for the past 9 years are right.

I think not.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

05-04-2019, 02:56 PM

Have you not been listening to 99%of the business community in the UK and beyond during the last 3 years - especially the farmers (and very especially in Northern Ireland)?

The UK will never, ever get better deals & terms of trade than it has in the EU. And where the money goes, the politics follows.

There is no "Project Fear" - there are only people who swallowed the Tory snake-oil and voted for Brexit.

Unless, of course, everyone engaged in business, commerce, finance, agriculture - and, yes, the arts, sciences, environmental protection, academia . . . . and so on are all wrong and a handful of Tory headbangers, and the (understandably) pissed-off people ignored by them for the past 9 years are right.

I

think not.
You seem to forget OF that the few headbanger tories
Did not call for the referendum, it was offered to the people
By Cameron, to placate us for him being unable to get
concessions from eu over migration etc.
The result took all of us, including all those upstanding and
hardworking individuals yo mention above, completely by
surprise!
The ensueing outcry and disbelief was something to behold
The rest is, as they say, history.
The last 3yrs has been a concerted attempt by the above
including the majority of the tory pary, and a lot of the
labour party to, subvert,/ disrupt or otherwise reverse the
result! at times it manifested in hysteria.
All this was backed by a biased media to create confusion
And, here we are now
Stuck in neutral
Too scared to take the final step
If we dont take it, uk will never flourish again
We will continue to slowly decline as we have been for the
last few years.

Regards, Donkeyman
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

05-04-2019, 03:02 PM

I think not.
The 99% comes from those interviewed by the BBC I'm guessing. A lot of businesses welcome it.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top