Join for free
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2019, 10:22 AM

Tory Bribes, probably, coming soon!

I suspect that the Tories will, already, have in place a plan to get themselves re-elected at any forthcoming elections.

The Anti Tory feelings, out there, are, reportedly, very high.

As a result of that, the plan will have to be to offer lucrative bribes, to the electorate, timed so that they only get paid out if we vote them back in.

I'd call it vote rigging but they'll announce it as a plan they've always had.

What will the bribes be?

Cuts to taxes, improvements policing, the NHS, you name it.

Once done, they think that the public will put them back in and forget the whole Brexit negotiation fiasco.

Sadly, they may be right - we are a very gullible people.

Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2019, 12:56 PM

Re: Tory Bribes, probably, coming soon!

Not all gullible.

https://www.conservativewoman.co.uk/...o-be-teachers/

Bursary scheme, paid out to graduate trainees who never took up a teaching post but were free to pocket the money.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2019, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Not all gullible.

https://www.conservativewoman.co.uk/...o-be-teachers/

Bursary scheme, paid out to graduate trainees who never took up a teaching post but were free to pocket the money.
Wow!

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2019, 01:04 PM

Tbh, none of the bribes ever influence me on how to vote because I don't believe anything they say anyway. You know they are lying when their lips move. Not that I will be voting for anyone in future anyway.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK

04-04-2019, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Tbh, none of the bribes ever influence me on how to vote because I don't believe anything they say anyway. You know they are lying when their lips move. Not that I will be voting for anyone in future anyway.
I hear what you're saying LD, however, would you take £10,000 if it was offered on condition that you vote Tory?

Note that that £10,000 might be reached by cutting VAT, Income Tax, Inheritance tax, petrol duty......!
Spread over a couple of years...!

Until they need us again!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2019, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
I hear what you're saying LD, however, would you take £10,000 if it was offered on condition that you vote Tory?

Note that that £10,000 might be reached by cutting VAT, Income Tax, Inheritance tax, petrol duty......!
Spread over a couple of years...!

Until they need us again!
I would accept it if they gave me £10,000 in cash , I would simply be as corrupt as they are so it wouldn't bother me one bit. However, I wouldn't accept in terms of tax cuts or petrol price cuts etc because they can be changed back at any time and I wouldn't trust them to stick to their word.

It always amuses me when these dolts come up with these great ideas just before an election but never seem to implement any of them.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK

04-04-2019, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I would accept it if they gave me £10,000 in cash , I would simply be as corrupt as they are so it wouldn't bother me one bit. However, I wouldn't accept in terms of tax cuts or petrol price cuts etc because they can be changed back at any time and I wouldn't trust them to stick to their word.

It always amuses me when these dolts come up with these great ideas just before an election but never seem to implement any of them.
True, but the snag is that these bribes must, normally, work.

Otherwise they (the snake oil sellers) would not keep using that technique.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2019, 03:31 PM

I suspect that the Tories will, already, have in place a plan to get themselves re-elected at any forthcoming elections.

The Anti Tory feelings, out there, are, reportedly, very high.

As a result of that, the plan will have to be to offer lucrative bribes, to the electorate, timed so that they only get paid out if we vote them back in.

I'd call it vote rigging but they'll announce it as a plan they've always had.

What will the bribes be?

Cuts to taxes, improvements policing, the NHS, you name it.

Once done, they think that the public will put them back in and forget the whole Brexit negotiation fiasco.

Sadly, they may be right - we are a very gullible people.

You speak for yourself Be an exceedingly cold day in hell before I would even consider voting for the scumbag 'nasty party'.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

04-04-2019, 03:37 PM

True, but the snag is that these bribes must, normally, work.

Otherwise they (the snake oil sellers) would not keep using that technique.
True bit then you have to remember that at every election there's another batch of sixteen year olds (five years worth in fact) who think voting is worthwhile.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top