Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2019, 07:34 PM

Re: A Dingo Took my Baby

A Dingo is quite a large dog .
Sometimes as large as a German Shepherd .
In some states of Australia its illegal to keep a di go as a pet but not in others .
I have seen dingos kept as pets .
They are asking for trouble .
Like a wolf when it becomes mature about three all it's natural instincts kick in these are wild animals.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2019, 01:53 AM

The children and the parents were both asleep in a camper trailer as I understand it though this report says campervan. A camper trailer is really just a tent with a posh kitchen, a dingo would have no trouble getting in.

As I said before these animals have lost their fear of humans because of stupid people feeding them.

keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2019, 05:05 AM

Dingoes are indeed wild animals. They are as wild as wolves and coyotes. They are cunning, resourceful and highly intelligent. They will stalk, kill and eat anything they can get at. I don't see that there is any room at all for taking chances whey they are around. Especially with babies or children. Like sharks they shouldn't be hunted and killed just for being wild animals. They just need to be respected and left alone. And given a very wide berth. Best thing is to imagine they are tigers or grizzly bears. Would you leave your children near them?!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2019, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
dingoes are indeed wild animals. They are as wild as wolves and coyotes. They are cunning, resourceful and highly intelligent. They will stalk, kill and eat anything they can get at. I don't see that there is any room at all for taking chances whey they are around. Especially with babies or children. like sharks they shouldn't be hunted and killed just for being wild animals. They just need to be respected and left alone. And given a very wide berth. best thing is to imagine they are tigers or grizzly bears. Would you leave your children near them?!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2019, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Dingoes are indeed wild animals. They are as wild as wolves and coyotes. They are cunning, resourceful and highly intelligent. They will stalk, kill and eat anything they can get at. I don't see that there is any room at all for taking chances whey they are around. Especially with babies or children. Like sharks they shouldn't be hunted and killed just for being wild animals. They just need to be respected and left alone. And given a very wide berth. Best thing is to imagine they are tigers or grizzly bears. Would you leave your children near them?!
Well said keezoy!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2019, 04:19 AM

Welcome, keezoy. Great post!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2019, 12:38 PM

Looks like this latest attack could finally give credence to the infamous Lindy Chamberlain `Dingo killed my baby`case for which she was imprisoned but released after her baby's clothing was found in the outback.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2019, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Looks like this latest attack could finally give credence to the infamous Lindy Chamberlain `Dingo killed my baby`case for which she was imprisoned but released after her baby's clothing was found in the outback.

Yes, it made me think back to that case too, Judd.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2019, 10:30 PM

How horrible
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->

At last ?
People have known for years that Lindy Chamberlain was the victim of a gross miscarriage of justice .

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top